Morrissey Central Jean-Luc Godard (September 13, 2022)

Jean-Luc Godard
RIP
1930-2022

full

Updated the Wiki this morning in readiness for this.
Claude Brasseur in Godard's Bande à part is cited by Morrissey as very influential.
Not forgetting that Anna Karina featured too.
Regards,
FWD.

i assumed he was already dead. in any case, i prefer bresson and truffaut.
Bresson! Top 5 directors for me. Diary of a Country Priest is a movie I can watch over and over and never tire of.

Godard was a beast. Probably the most impenetrable of all the new wavers. Week End was my favorite, I think.

Bresson! Top 5 directors for me. Diary of a Country Priest is a movie I can watch over and over and never tire of.

Godard was a beast. Probably the most impenetrable of all the new wavers. Week End was my favorite, I think.
i love diary of a country priest too. but a man escaped is my favourite bresson film. something so mesmerizing and comforting about being taken through each step of the character's slow methodical progress towards escape.

i guess breathless was my favourite godard film. i dont really like any of the others that much, though i do love anna karina and so ill watch his films just for her.

i love diary of a country priest too. but a man escaped is my favourite bresson film. something so mesmerizing and comforting about being taken through each step of the character's slow methodical progress towards escape.

i guess breathless was my favourite godard film. i dont really like any of the others that much, though i do love anna karina and so ill watch his films just for her.
Fantastic film. I think you describe it perfectly. Also love how much atmosphere there is despite its sparseness.

Fantastic film. I think you describe it perfectly. Also love how much atmosphere there is despite its sparseness.
i know, theres a real spacial feeling to that film. you feel like you're in that room with him, and can feel the cold of the stone walls and the dampness and the grime.

i know, theres a real spacial feeling to that film. you feel like you're in that room with him, and can feel the cold of the stone walls and the dampness and the grime.
YES! 😍

Pierrot le Fou is one of my favourite films, amongst many of his others also. Rip. A true genius leaves us.

Mr. Godard is someone ya can really say was a genius.
Weren't no one else makin' pictures like him before he came.
He really just made the kind of pictures that he wanted to see himself.
Most folks say his 60's stuff was the best, but I liked his later
stuff from the 80's and 2000's better.

godard was a fantastic film-maker,92 years old and was still making film shorts at 89,has literally hundreds of credits on imdb either as director,writer,cinematographer.

Haha
He's every film kids favorite. Personally I thought 50% of his out put was shite .
Looked nice but that's it
You’ve seen every film he’s ever made?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom