JD Beauvallet (Les Inrockuptibles) tweets about WPINOYB promo

I've been listening to the 3 singles and they're just so damn good. Morrissey always delivers thought-provoking lyrics with unique melodies and passionate vocals. That's why I'm a long time fan. People who question the quality of his work do so out of jealousy and nothing else. :)

I really admire your willpower. I've listened to all 7 songs that have been available but the great thing is that there's still 11 new songs that I have yet to hear. I don't think I've been more excited to hear any album.

Yes, I am the same. I prefer to wait until I have His album in my own hands and listen to it for myself rather than rely on the initial responses to songs only played live a few times. With the 'single' releases which I take more as previews and also rewards for those who have made a preorder, I avoided temptation by reminding myself that as stand alone songs they may disappoint whilst within the context of an album they could fit perfectly. Had they been true singles with covers and bsides then for sure I would have followed them very closely. I did listen to two of the lyric videos. In any case it's now mid-June so I feel it's only next month so I've made it this far, I can wait just a bit longer. Looking forward to the album. CR

I agree with everything you said even though I did the exact opposite.

btw you didn't have to pre order the album to hear the new songs. All you had to do was purchase the songs off itunes. There's no stipulation to download the entire album, which I won't be doing. I'll be buying the vinyl deluxe.

Are you all listening to the same songs as I am? Really? They are not that good at all; they do not compare to anything even close to Arsenal, Vauxhall, Viva Hate, Kill Uncle, etc. These new songs are more signs of Morrissey's decline.

Are you all listening to the same songs as I am? Really? They are not that good at all; they do not compare to anything even close to Arsenal, Vauxhall, Viva Hate, Kill Uncle, etc. These new songs are more signs of Morrissey's decline.

Wow - worse than 'Kill Uncle' - that seems impossible;
but if - "they are not good at all" - that IS sad.

My current prediction is that the album will be mostly great songs with a few shit songs in there preventing it from being an undisputed classic. There will be no hit songs that get constant rotation on Radio 2. Istanbul will be the highlight and the album overall will be the most "political" Morrissey has ever made.

A year ago, I would have predicted a rubbish album, though. So the momentum is with Moz.

Salut DJ

Pour ta gouverne g pas besoin qu'on me sorte, je fais un peu ce que je veux en fait (la preuve), mais le fait est que je cracherais pas sur un tour avec Jojo, pour perdre du poids. En fait tout dépend à quelle vitesse il court, le farfadet: C est que g plus 2 piges...

Mais enfin c gentil de twitter mes...euh, besoins. File ton 06 je t enverrai un sms pour te dire de quelles couleur elles sont tous les matins.

Claque la bise à Brighton, wesh
ps/ les Inrocks existent encore? c grave l'hallu, je pensais que la presse existait plus.

My current prediction is that the album will be mostly great songs with a few shit songs in there preventing it from being an undisputed classic. There will be no hit songs that get constant rotation on Radio 2. Istanbul will be the highlight and the album overall will be the most "political" Morrissey has ever made.

A year ago, I would have predicted a rubbish album, though. So the momentum is with Moz.

Yes well you could hardly be blamed for that considering 'The Kid's A Looker' is the worst thing he has ever done. And People...Same... is almost as bad. Thank the lord those songs aren't on this album!!!!!!!

Yeah The Smiths never did ANYTHING with a trumpet...

Good work. I have never heard this 'trumpet take' so it was a nice surprise to hear it here now after so many years listening to The Smiths. Do you have anymore information about it? Thanks. CR

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how much stock we should put in this Frenchman's opinion.

He's gone on record saying that no Photoshop or doctoring has taken place on the "World Peace" artwork.

I agree with everything you said even though I did the exact opposite.

btw you didn't have to pre order the album to hear the new songs. All you had to do was purchase the songs off itunes. There's no stipulation to download the entire album, which I won't be doing. I'll be buying the vinyl deluxe.

Thanks, yeah I understood that but I only like buying CDs so I didn't want to download songs that I will end up with on the CD later. I only download when a digital copy is the only format for those tracks. CR

Harshly worded, but a believable outcome.
I'm more of an optimist and think Istanbul will be one of three-four very strong tracks.
To the poster above who thinks we're in trouble if Istanbul is one of the best tracks -- this track has excited a lot of people and is seen as s return to form.

Any guesses as to chart position?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom