JD Beauvallet (Les Inrockuptibles) tweets about WPINOYB promo

Ah, it is out in the open then.
Could you translate to English please?

For the first essentially "The song I'm not A Man alone justifies a listen to the new Morrissey record"

The second "Staircase at the University is the song of my summer"

Ah, it is out in the open then.
Could you translate to English please?

"La chanson "I'm not a man" justifie à elle seule de jeter deux oreilles au nouvel album de Morrissey"
"the song 'I'm not a man' in itself justifies listening to the new album by Morrissey"

"Staircase at the university = gros tube de mon été"
"Staircase at the university = huge summer hit"

Well, I love Istanbul, really like bullfighter and kick the bride ( and also enjoy the other two). So now I'm even more curious and excited about this album :)

An anonymous person writes:

First mentioned on All You Need Is Morrissey:

JD Beauvallet, who is an editor at les Inrockuptibles, has tweeted the following:

and also posted the following on his Facebook Page (sorry, but don't know how to embed facebook posts):

"La chanson "I'm not a man" justifie à elle seule de jeter deux oreilles au nouvel album de Morrissey..."

Translation posted by an anonymous person:

"La chanson "I'm not a man" justifie à elle seule de jeter deux oreilles au nouvel album de Morrissey"
"the song 'I'm not a man' in itself justifies listening to the new album by Morrissey"

"Staircase at the university = huge summer hit"

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. :cool:

As I have not listened to ANY of the songs which will be on the Album, well....you can imagine how excited I am.

Cheers Moz

As I have not listened to ANY of the songs which will be on the Album, well....you can imagine how excited I am.

Cheers Moz
I really admire your willpower. I've listened to all 7 songs that have been available but the great thing is that there's still 11 new songs that I have yet to hear. I don't think I've been more excited to hear any album.

Cheers Moz

Yes, I am the same. I prefer to wait until I have His album in my own hands and listen to it for myself rather than rely on the initial responses to songs only played live a few times. With the 'single' releases which I take more as previews and also rewards for those who have made a preorder, I avoided temptation by reminding myself that as stand alone songs they may disappoint whilst within the context of an album they could fit perfectly. Had they been true singles with covers and bsides then for sure I would have followed them very closely. I did listen to two of the lyric videos. In any case it's now mid-June so I feel it's only next month so I've made it this far, I can wait just a bit longer. Looking forward to the album. CR

I am also still obtaining from any listening... with three songs already existing in my iTunes account !?!?
I decided to do this before I ever even dared to imagine that the album might actually be good. It has been the hardest thing I thing I have ever done, and I think I've done some hard stuff (feels like I'm going to explode, every damn day).
Next time I may up the ante and not 'read' anything either - (probably would be easier) but as for now I have read every lyric, thread, and comment I can get my hands on. Dying to read a review for the whole album. Any day now... I would imagine.

Had a feeling after seeing the length of it and hearing about the subject matter that I'm Not A Man was going to be rather epic.

I am also still obtaining from any listening... with three songs already existing in my iTunes account !?!?
I decided to do this before I ever even dared to imagine that the album might actually be good. It has been the hardest thing I thing I have ever done, and I think I've done some hard stuff (feels like I'm going to explode, every damn day).
Next time I may up the ante and not 'read' anything either - (probably would be easier) but as for now I have read every lyric, thread, and comment I can get my hands on. Dying to read a review for the whole album. Any day now... I would imagine.

I said obtaining - I meant 'abstaining'

I know this album is going to be amazing. I love all of the singles. It's odd because I usually hate anything most of my favourite artists put out past 40. It seems like so many songwriters lost their ability to make good music when they get to middle age. Not Moz. For all his faults, I will admit he still has it. He will never make music like he did with The Smiths again, but I love his new stuff.

This is encouraging news. I know of the journalist's name - he's been at the mag for years and is a known Morrissey fan.
But does anyone know how critical he is? Did he greet rubbish like You are the Quarry with the same enthusiasm?
Let's hope he didn't.

He will never make music like he did with The Smiths again, but I love his new stuff.

Presumably you haven't heard The Bullfighter Dies, then?
Because that has music which is exactly like he did with the Smiths.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom