Jarvis Cocker ''Jealous of Morrissey & The Smiths''

From today's Manchester Evening News:

Pulp frontman Jarvis Cocker reveals jealousy over Morrissey and the Smiths

Excerpt:

But he told an audience of 500 fans at Manchester Town Hall that he thought the success of The Smiths had stolen his thunder when he was just a lad.

Speaking to DJ Dave Haslam at his latest Close Up event as part of the Manchester Weekender, Jarvis said that seeing Morrissey singing with The Smiths on Top Of The Pops made him worry 'there was no room for two northern misfits' in music.
Jarvis, who started Pulp in 1978 when he was just 15 years old, added: "It took me a long time to get over that, and it was just petty jealousy really. Can I apologise for that?"
Jarvis and Moz only met once - on a small aeroplane to Ireland.

"Morrissey was just sat there," Jarvis recalled. "Obviously, we're both very awkward and both said, 'Hi, where are you going?', when it was obviously really because we were both on the same plane."

Last edited by a moderator:
so you see, sad solowists
you can't put Jarvis Cocker even in the same sentence with fantastic artist Richard Hawley, because even Richard is far important artist than Cocker, so put him, Cocker, in the same sentence with Saint Morrissey, really, it is blasphemy!

we'll let you know

Jarvis and Pulp are in my top 5 of all times. Pulp put out some epic music. You are Hardcore is an amazing piece of music. And I've always thought Jarvis to be geeky-cool. There's so many bands that went under the radar then that truly deserve mention. the The, Housemartins, wedding present.....please add more. I'm a Canadian and somehow, my entire record colletion (yes Im that old) is from bands in the UK...with the exception of Crowded House...Nirvana...ok and No Doubt.

so you see, sad solowists
you can't put Jarvis Cocker even in the same sentence with fantastic artist Richard Hawley, because even Richard is far important artist than Cocker, so put him, Cocker, in the same sentence with Saint Morrissey, really, it is blasphemy!

we'll let you know

but, "we'll let you know", we're not really interested.

am i the only person who liked the jarvis cocker album?

morrissey's great, jarvis/pulp are great. just stfu you f***ing dramatic c***s.

It's like this. Morrissey is like Bob Marley. Bob Marley is a legend but none of the rest like him are. There are some very good musicians doing music in Bob Marley's genre but none of them are legends. Bob Marley and the Wailers were like the Smiths of reggae.

Sad son,

Jarvis alone is patetic songwriter. With Pulp he has minor mercy with songs because he has competent people around him (Richard Hawley, and before Russel Senior). When he decided to put his, HIS (first solo album has a name "Jarvis Cocker Record") material it was disaster.
Word "geeta". Obviously, you don't understand mordant verbalism, because you listen idiotic rap music all the time. It was used to show how Jarvis Cocker solo thing fully depend on Richard Hawley's riffs when Richard is not very in - as person and as an artist concerning dull ideas presented from Cocker.
And yes, Richard's solo albums are Beautiful (we love!!!, adore!!! "Lowedges").

we'll let you know

Your argument is invalid. Richard has never been involved in songwriting with Pulp. He was only a touring member. You are trying to diss Cocker in every possible way but you FAIL.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom