James Maker statement: "In Support Of Morrissey" - James Maker FB (1 June, 2019)

"In support of Morrissey:

The truth is, there is a hate campaign which is artificial, fabricated and does not reflect the views of real people: people who attend concerts and buy records. 'For Britain' is repeatedly described as a 'far right-wing party', when it isn't. It is run by an irish lesbian who opposes patriarchy.

People are murdered on London Bridge, or children destroyed by nail bombs at concerts, or....the list is legion....There is a very much a problem linked to extremist Islam: its 21st-century core beliefs are still affirmatively anti-feminist, anti-LGBT, and anti-democratic. This is NOT anti-Muslim; it is anti-undemocratic; anti-patriarchy; anti-religious extremism.

Morrissey was a contrarian in the 1980s and 1990s. and who saved many people's lives—as many hundreds avow—through the messages of his songs., In 2019, he is still a contrarian. Yet, in the UK, he is a hate figure whom a British newspaper is bent upon destroying.

For a person who could have given such pleasure to millions, over the years, this is very sad, indeed. x"

James' previous (much longer) statement last April was deleted from Facebook, but a copy of the text is available here and was entitled: "Is Morrissey A Racist?"

Regards,
FWD.

If Martians did come to earth, they’ll probably ask questions about this:

The wealthiest 1 percent of American households own 40 percent of the country's wealth, according to a new paper by economist Edward N. Wolff. That share is higher than it has been at any point since at least 1962, according to Wolff's data, which comes from the federal Survey of Consumer Finances.

From 2013, the share of wealth owned by the 1 percent shot up by nearly three percentage points. Wealth owned by the bottom 90 percent, meanwhile, fell over the same period. Today, the top 1 percent of households own more wealth than the bottom 90 percent combined. That gap, between the ultrawealthy and everyone else, has only become wider in the past several decades.

This is the real issue.

Wake up.

Political concentration benefits wealth concentration.

i think we are at the stage of seeing @Uncleskinny meltdown in full view here
the guy is actually obsessed with Morrissey and the evidence is all over this site to see
He’s devoted his life to M and excluded his family as a result. They’ve given him an ultimatum and he’s downed tools with M , and is spreading his one eyed views all over her. It can’t be healthy and has real echoes of Mark Chapman.
What he never answers is M got out of court apologies from both NMe and The word , because both would not defend their views in court.
What also never gets mentioned is Skinny’s “malfeasance in public office”- ie he got booted of moderator duties for misusing posters personal information.

Answer that P.
shit! Don’t say that. I think I live near to Peter.
I’m going to have to keep the crow bar by the front door now.
Can someone send me the pictures the rozzers circulated? I need to know the enemy on sight. It goes very dark in Yorkshire after 8pm.
Pilgrimupnorth

The thing I'd say to Morrissey if I could is that he really ought to make "outrageous" statements about Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift and stop talking about politics. He only sets himself up for the kind of ongoing attacks that have been directed at him and it's difficult to feel sympathy for him because when he speaks on these matters "heavy words are so lightly thrown."

Agree, though when folks say this, it’s
like saying... I paid good money on your records and to see your show, so shut up and just sing your song and do that funny little dance you do.

He’s guilty of speaking with his heart, being misinformed (as far as I can tell on political subjects mostly) selective on what he likes and dislikes, too human? self absorbed? artist? contrarian?
Then he’d be accused of being anti-ginger. Or being a has-been who is jealous of youth. Has that idiot Sheeran actually ever said anything remotely intelligent? Or expressed a view about anything? Even his favourite brand of biscuit. No he hasn’t because it might offend his demographic.
I’m so glad I grew up in the 70s and 80s. I feel nothing but sadness for today’s teenagers. Sheeran even admitted that he’s only in it for the money.... bastard!
Pilgrimupnorth

I truly believe his heavy drinking is part of the problem.

I’ve been hitting the sauce pretty hard at some stage of my life and God knows, it did me no favors.
which sauce - brown or red? It’s piccalilli you need to watch. Creeps up on you.
Keith Chegwin

The fundamental problem the extreme left has, is that they are so wedded to the ideology that all immigration is 100% positive, that they end up tacitly supporting a regressive and repressive religion like Islam. You cannot stand up for women's rights and gay rights, whilst at the same time forbidding any criticism of Islam, and calling anyone who is opposed to it 'racist'. People like Morrissey will be the first to be chucked off the nearest building if (or rather when) Islam becomes the dominant religion in the UK. You only have to look at the current school protests in Birmingham to see how hard won progressive policies are in danger of being overturned by the very people championed by the extreme left. It's madness.

People must be free to criticise religion. Any other position is extremely dangerous.

I don’t think that anyone is saying that you cannot criticise religion. I think that painting everyone that follows a particular religion with the same brush is where it gets less about criticism and more about xenophobia and hatred.

When Moz was singing “England for the English” back in 1992, I thought he was being ironic, poking fun at racists. But now my perspective has flipped.
Then you need to read more and get out more. What an idiotic thing to say.
Go away and listen to the song again. Be your own person and don’t be swayed by the mood of the moment.
If you are English then you will get the irony but if you are American then god help you.
Mark Twain

methinks that Peter doesn’t have kids ( I may be wrong).
If your kids had to grow up in a country where there was no freedom of speech, no freedom to be who you want to be, no freedom to dress the way you want to, no freedom to drink alcohol if you want to, no freedom to listen the music you love, freedom to pursue the job you love, no freedom to love the one you love....
wouldn’t you do all in your power to fight for those freedoms??
The irony is that Muslims came to this country because of the freedom to practice their religion. Which is cool by me.
But, just imagine if you decided to move to Pakistan and join a Christian Church.
The whole thing has gone wrong because (like children) some people just don’t want to share. They don’t want to see other people’s point of view. They don’t want to be friends (unless it’s conditional).
Peter would understand all this if he had/has kids.
The Smiths would never have happened in Pakistan or Iran. It’s through tolerance and diversity of culture that the magic happens.
Peter - you need to look at this a little more broadly and with a less reactive eye.
Pilgrimupnorth

his family is Muslim and on assistance, that what the ranting and raving is all about.:highfive:
all the comrades here are on assistance.:yum:

Then he’d be accused of being anti-ginger. Or being a has-been who is jealous of youth. Has that idiot Sheeran actually ever said anything remotely intelligent? Or expressed a view about anything? Even his favourite brand of biscuit. No he hasn’t because it might offend his demographic.
I’m so glad I grew up in the 70s and 80s. I feel nothing but sadness for today’s teenagers. Sheeran even admitted that he’s only in it for the money.... bastard!
Pilgrimupnorth
Oh, he's done it. There was a "feud" a few years ago. ( I use the word "feud" lightly.)

Morrissey said this:
"There are no bands or singers who become successful without overwhelming marketing. There are no surprise success stories. Everything is stringently controlled, obvious and predictable and has exactly the same content. So, we are now in the era of marketed pop stars, which means that the labels fully control the charts, and consequently the public has lost interest. It’s very rare that a record label does something for the good of music."
Thus we are force-fed such as Ed Sheeran and Sam Smith, which at least means that things can’t possibly get any worse. It is sad, though. There’s no spontaneity now, and it all seems to be unsalvageable."

Sheeran said this:
“Even you guys should think this is absolute bollocks. Taking me out of the equation, Sam was the least predictable success story of the last year.

Moz said this:

:lbf:

Skinny you are your homophobic religion are not allowed! True liberals stand up against Islam and what it stands for!

Oh, he's done it. There was a "feud" a few years ago. ( I use the word "feud" lightly.)

Morrissey said this:
"There are no bands or singers who become successful without overwhelming marketing. There are no surprise success stories. Everything is stringently controlled, obvious and predictable and has exactly the same content. So, we are now in the era of marketed pop stars, which means that the labels fully control the charts, and consequently the public has lost interest. It’s very rare that a record label does something for the good of music."
Thus we are force-fed such as Ed Sheeran and Sam Smith, which at least means that things can’t possibly get any worse. It is sad, though. There’s no spontaneity now, and it all seems to be unsalvageable."

Sheeran said this:
“Even you guys should think this is absolute bollocks. Taking me out of the equation, Sam was the least predictable success story of the last year.

Moz said this:

:lbf:

LOL both are predictable sucko no talent twats.:lbf:

Then you need to read more and get out more. What an idiotic thing to say.
Go away and listen to the song again. Be your own person and don’t be swayed by the mood of the moment.
If you are English then you will get the irony but if you are American then god help you.
Mark Twain

I am English you plank and I just said I recognised the irony, so your comment is null and void. But in hindsight and in light of Morrissey’s recent alignment with a racist party, I’ve revised my perspective. Get it?

The IRA did not plant bombs in the name of Catholicism.

Whether you love Trump or loathe him - at least in the face of Islamist terror he suggested an action: halt Muslim immigration. Muslims are killing people so reduce immigration from Muslim countries. It has a certain logic. And at least it was an action. What action has any other political leader suggested - that we all holds hands and sing Wonderwall?
Or maybe he should control guns. Can't remember records killing people.

The irony is that Muslims came to this country because of the freedom to practice their religion. Which is cool by me.
But, just imagine if you decided to move to Pakistan and join a Christian Church.
Pilgrimupnorth
There are over 2 million Christians in Pakistan so I'd imagine you'd just join up like normal.

which sauce - brown or red? It’s piccalilli you need to watch. Creeps up on you.
Keith Chegwin

Dear Keith Chegwin,

I’m afraid your funny bone might be broken.

Kind regards,

Eric Hartman

I don’t think that anyone is saying that you cannot criticise religion. I think that painting everyone that follows a particular religion with the same brush is where it gets less about criticism and more about xenophobia and hatred.

Again, this is bullshit as no one is saying all muslims are terrorists, paedophiles or homophobes, not even For Britain, just a certain number are.

There are over 2 million Christians in Pakistan so I'd imagine you'd just join up like normal.
so you didn’t catch the news about blasphemy laws in Pakistan or the targeting of Christians? Would you feel safe there getting your bible out?
Pilgrimupnorth

Again, this is bullshit as no one is saying all muslims are terrorists, paedophiles or homophobes, not even For Britain, just a certain number are.

Not according to many people on this site! As clearly evident in many posts on many of the different thread here. And you are truly delusional if you think For Britain is cool with ‘some Muslims.’ They want Islam wiped away completely. Do you really, really need me to bother pointing out all of the evidence for that statement?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom