James Maker statement: "In Support Of Morrissey" - James Maker FB (1 June, 2019)

"In support of Morrissey:

The truth is, there is a hate campaign which is artificial, fabricated and does not reflect the views of real people: people who attend concerts and buy records. 'For Britain' is repeatedly described as a 'far right-wing party', when it isn't. It is run by an irish lesbian who opposes patriarchy.

People are murdered on London Bridge, or children destroyed by nail bombs at concerts, or....the list is legion....There is a very much a problem linked to extremist Islam: its 21st-century core beliefs are still affirmatively anti-feminist, anti-LGBT, and anti-democratic. This is NOT anti-Muslim; it is anti-undemocratic; anti-patriarchy; anti-religious extremism.

Morrissey was a contrarian in the 1980s and 1990s. and who saved many people's lives—as many hundreds avow—through the messages of his songs., In 2019, he is still a contrarian. Yet, in the UK, he is a hate figure whom a British newspaper is bent upon destroying.

For a person who could have given such pleasure to millions, over the years, this is very sad, indeed. x"

James' previous (much longer) statement last April was deleted from Facebook, but a copy of the text is available here and was entitled: "Is Morrissey A Racist?"

Regards,
FWD.

As fascinating as this whole racism, alt-right, left wing, fake news, policor, islamophobic, #metoo discussion is, it’s getting quite tiresome.

The real issue is not these topics. The real issue is the ever growing divide between the wealthy and the rest of society. Everything else is just diversion.

It's all tied together. If you have a country with an average IQ of 100 and then import a bunch of people from a country with an average IQ of 68, wealth disparity is going to increase, not decrease.
The whole point of mass migration is that they bring in a bunch of immigrants who then vote with the establishment against the natives which then reinforces the establishment's hegemonic power.

I don’t agree with racism of any kind, but I’m selfish and I want what I want, and that’s good music. It makes it so much easier for me to give Moz stick for his political views when he’s making shit music, he’s not giving me a reason to stand by him.

Thank you for your honesty.

‘self self self ‘ :thumb: and why not.

I’m sure if say Everday came on the radio, that even Uncleskinny would be singing his heart out to it, though of course he would catch himself enjoying
it, but then quickly justify it by saying to himself..’well that’s when Mozzer wasn’t racist’ then go on singing to it.

:lbf:
Oh well.

such a little thing, but the difference it made..’

I’m sure if say Everday came on the radio, that even Uncleskinny would be singing his heart out to it, though of course he would catch himself enjoying
it, but then quickly justify it by saying to himself..’well that’s when Mozzer wasn’t racist’ then go on singing to it.

Oh well.

When Moz was singing “England for the English” back in 1992, I thought he was being ironic, poking fun at racists. But now my perspective has flipped.

Oh well.

Come, Armageddon come, seems appropriate these days.

I would sing along.

For sure!

When Moz was singing “England for the English” back in 1992, I thought he was being ironic, poking fun at racists. But now my perspective has flipped.

That’s exactly how I felt at the time, although I thought it was more pity than irony. How wrong I was it seems. I should have jumped ship at the “Chinese are a subspecies” incident, but again I was making excuses: it’s for the animals, the Yulin festival, etc., but it obviously goes way deeper than these animal rights dog-whistles.

We usually don't know about the people that make the records. I am not 100% sure it matters. If we really researched everyone involved with every book, movie, piece of music, or painting that we want to experience we might find out a lot of things that would color the experience.
I do believe that we should usually "separate the art from the artist," but there are times you can't because the "art" itself might have connections to the thing that you find troubling in the artist. Or the particular thing that disturbs you about the artist might be something you can't just ignore. Part of it has to do with how much you enjoyed it in the first place. Giving up Michael Jackson's music and Woody Allen's films would hardly affect me at all.
Speaking of Phil Spector I know he did a lot of strange and disturbing things but I'm not sure he murdered that woman. I don't know how accurate the film starring Al Pacino is but if it's factual then it would have been pretty much impossible for him to have shot that woman without being covered in blood, which he wasn't. Who knows.

Yeah, was just thinking about a lot of the music that comes from the south of Northern America that I enjoy ( because as we all know ‘they’re all racist down there’ :rolleyes:) but sometimes it’s not about thinking (in that way) and it’s all about feeling, turning it up and feeling, feeling the exchange of joy with each other.

In regards to Spector... Actually I didn’t (maybe because I didn’t want to) look into it much.
And I could be wrong, but didn’t he say to the police when they arrived ‘I think I just shot someone’? please don’t quote me on that :lbf:. Damn now I have to go google it ! I’m so lazy.

Or is it the character David in the song that’s singing that? Interpret as one may, but it’s not entirely clear.

He also sings through the person of Jack the Ripper, though there’s been no
reports of Morrissey disembowling women in cover of the London fog ....

yet !

:fearscream::lbf::cool:

Or is it the character David in the song that’s singing that? Interpret as one may, but it’s not entirely clear.

yet !

Possibly yeah. But his recent affiliation with for Britian leaves no room for misinterpretation, it’s a racist organisation, therefore morrissey by definition is a racist.

yet !

All I can say is please don’t dismember and abandon your own conscience and moral compass on behalf of what Morrissey believes. You’re really f***ing yourself in the arse by blindly agree with him on these kind things.

Possibly yeah. But his recent affiliation with for Britian leaves no room for misinterpretation, it’s a racist organisation, therefore morrissey by definition is a racist.

Interpret as you may.

But, I believe it’s better to just....

All I can say is please don’t dismember and abandon your own conscience and moral compass on behalf of what Morrissey believes. You’re really f***ing yourself in the arse by blindly agree with him on these kind things.

Where did I say I agreed entirely with him?

What also never gets mentioned is Skinny’s “malfeasance in public office”- ie he got booted of moderator duties for misusing posters personal information.

Answer that P.
Lest we forget
"I acknowledge that he has used information from moderation access in posts which is not appropriate and that has been discussed. "
David T on Skinny

I’ve seen some comments across various platforms. “Oh Moz loves us Mexicans” blah blah how can he be racist? The whole LA Mexican fan base that will not abandon Moz. How come he hasn’t come out and condemned children being kept in cages on the border? Where is he standing up and denouncing the cruel immigration and the xenophobia aimed at our people in the U.S. ??? Because he does not care. But you sure pay for his jet setting luxurious ways. Wake up! He wishes they would do the same in the UK! And the band mates who stand by and not say nothing? Zero god damn respect for you guys. Selling out for a paycheck. Disgusting.

I’ve seen some comments across various platforms. “Oh Moz loves us Mexicans” blah blah how can he be racist? The whole LA Mexican fan base that will not abandon Moz. How come he hasn’t come out and condemned children being kept in cages on the border? Where is he standing up and denouncing the cruel immigration and the xenophobia aimed at our people in the U.S. ??? Because he does not care. But you sure pay for his jet setting luxurious ways. Wake up! He wishes they would do the same in the UK! And the band mates who stand by and not say nothing? Zero god damn respect for you guys. Selling out for a paycheck. Disgusting.

I’ve always wondered what Boz really thinks?

Morrissey fans not knowing whether he is also a c*** must have been keeping James Maker awake at night.

I thought the song was ironic, too, but now I think it's more ambiguous.
"There's a country, you don't live there, but one day you would like to," seems to be about an ideal version of a country which could be, and "We wonder if the thunder is ever really gonna begin?" and then repeats "begin" as if calling for it. And "the thunder" is this coming event which will bring about this ideal future.
I guess all of that is obvious but the thing is it's pretty sympathetic. There is nothing in the song to suggest that "David" is wrong, just that this future might not happen.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom