James Maker statement: "In Support Of Morrissey" - James Maker FB (1 June, 2019)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Famous when dead, Jun 1, 2019.

By Famous when dead on Jun 1, 2019 at 6:21 AM
  1. Famous when dead

Famous when dead Vulgarian Moderator

"In support of Morrissey:

The truth is, there is a hate campaign which is artificial, fabricated and does not reflect the views of real people: people who attend concerts and buy records. 'For Britain' is repeatedly described as a 'far right-wing party', when it isn't. It is run by an irish lesbian who opposes patriarchy.

People are murdered on London Bridge, or children destroyed by nail bombs at concerts, or....the list is legion....There is a very much a problem linked to extremist Islam: its 21st-century core beliefs are still affirmatively anti-feminist, anti-LGBT, and anti-democratic. This is NOT anti-Muslim; it is anti-undemocratic; anti-patriarchy; anti-religious extremism.

Morrissey was a contrarian in the 1980s and 1990s. and who saved many people's lives—as many hundreds avow—through the messages of his songs., In 2019, he is still a contrarian. Yet, in the UK, he is a hate figure whom a British newspaper is bent upon destroying.

For a person who could have given such pleasure to millions, over the years, this is very sad, indeed. x"

James' previous (much longer) statement last April was deleted from Facebook, but a copy of the text is available here and was entitled: "Is Morrissey A Racist?"

Regards,
    FWD.

• Insightful Insightful x 10
    • Like Like x 5

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Famous when dead, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      That‘s not true. He actually said that he voted for the first time - for FOR BRITAIN.
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
    2. Ketamine Sun
      Ketamine Sun
      Pro-Morrissey cult? or Anti-Morrissey cult ?

choose yer flavor.

:)
      • Funny Funny x 3
    3. ordinaryboy86
      ordinaryboy86
      I think you’re actually on ketamine , you’re deffo off your head on summet , ya wee troll :D
      • Funny Funny x 1
    4. The Truth
      The Truth
      It's hard to say. I do understand about the idea of treating him he's only there to entertain. I could only speculate on where the comments come from. Some of them seem to come from PETA. The really horrible comment about Madonna and her "African child" came a day after he met with Ingrid from PETA, and the Canadian boycott was pure PETA.
      Other comments seem like they might come out of a bottle of vodka and a genuine longing for some idealized past that never was.
      Still other comments seem like they might come from a wish to make the interviewer or the audience swallow their gum. He has been getting headlines for things he says since the very beginning and I think he's addicted to it.
      I've said it too many times already but what makes sense to me is that he wants to be a public figure whose words shock people. A troll, though I don't mean that in a negative way. But I think he is a public figure first and then a singer. "Fame, fame, fatal fame..."
      I know it's not about selling records or being the biggest draw in the world.
      • Interesting Interesting x 3
    5. The Truth
      The Truth
      I think he could feel differently than his fans, though the ones that agree seem to be coming out of the woodwork, but the way he says things and the way he expresses his views seems designed to create controversy if not outrage.
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    6. Anonymous
      • Interesting Interesting x 2
    7. Eric Hartman
      Eric Hartman
      I truly believe his heavy drinking is part of the problem.

I’ve been hitting the sauce pretty hard at some stage of my life and God knows, it did me no favors.
      • Like Like x 1
    8. Ketamine Sun
      Ketamine Sun

:lbf:

C’mon now! Choose your cult!

Cult ... any road !

All belief systems... TRAPS.

Feel safe in your trap of choice !

We are unhealthy and fragile’

:thumb:

9. Eric Hartman
      Eric Hartman
      Thank God Morrissey is not on Twitter. Drunk & angry is such a bad combination.
    10. ordinaryboy86
      ordinaryboy86
      That would be fuckin’ hilarious! Petition to get it done.
      • Funny Funny x 1
    11. Uncleskinny
      Uncleskinny
      Keep on downmarking, I'll keep on posting.

Ha! Here comes the cavalry! Just as we've seen a hundred times before. Morrissey phones round his mates. We should all put our cups of tea down and pay close attention to ... **squints** .. 'James Maker'. He'll tell us what to think and do.

A hate campaign? Oh my. Where to start. And shame on Maker for being dragged in to support For Britain. Shame on him. And of course, Irish lesbians can't be hateful. They're Irish. And Lesbian.

Facts hurt. Tough. Own your mistakes. Apologise. Be humble. You'll sell more.

And fuck Maker for the horrendous whataboutism in mentioning the London attack and Manchester bombing to get some equivalence. Fuck him. How dare he.

I thought I'd seen something like this before, and here it is, from a Dutch fan who writes remarkably like our very own Thewlis, remarkably so in such a headlong blinkered manner.

Quick, James - here's your point of reference. Now GO!

• Troll x 4
      • Funny x 2
      • Redundant x 2
      • Like x 1
      • Insightful x 1
    12. Ketamine Sun
      Ketamine Sun
      Agree with much above.

But I think he is a public figure first and then a singer. "Fame, fame, fatal fame..."

Presently unfortunately, this seems to be the case, not to abandon the truth
      that he actually loves his art, appreciating that he has something to offer the world, and that there are those
      that welcome and accept his art in spite of his flaws.
      • Like Like x 2
    13. ordinaryboy86
      ordinaryboy86
      Morrissey can have all the absurd views he wants, as long as he’s making good music i’ll always be on board, but he’s not cutting the mustard. Moz albums are a rarity , 12 in 30 years in not a lot, compared to some artist. Can’t afford to be wasting his time on crap material, the last 3 have been write-offs. As far as I’m concerned, his last album was in 2009. I choose to ignore the last 10 years.
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Interesting Interesting x 2
    14. Ketamine Sun
      Ketamine Sun
      Link?

I believe he said.. he would vote, not that he did vote.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring.
    15. ForgotHowIGotMyName
      ForgotHowIGotMyName
      There's no such thing as a "Islamic extremist". They are Islamic purists. People called "Islamic extremists" are practicing Islam in its purest form.
      • Like Like x 2
    16. Ketamine Sun
      Ketamine Sun

It’s complicated, though I still listen to Phil Spector.

So you would accept someone’s racist views if the art they were delivering is
      good enough in your judgment?

Don’t know if I could, though I’m only
      human, and may turn a song on and say fuck it! this is a good song! regardless of the artists views or actions.
      • Like Like x 2
    17. The Truth
      The Truth
      Fundamentalist may be the word you're looking for.
    18. ordinaryboy86
      ordinaryboy86
      I don’t agree with racism of any kind, but I’m selfish and I want what I want, and that’s good music. It makes it so much easier for me to give Moz stick for his political views when he’s making shit music, he’s not giving me a reason to stand by him.
      • Funny Funny x 1
    19. vegan cro spirit 444
      vegan cro spirit 444

:crazy:

Moz is not going soviet just because you sock puppets have gone red. FFS:crazy:

I mean WTF? Moz has had much success he is not going to pay homage to
      comrades on the dole.:lbf:
    20. The Truth
      The Truth
      We usually don't know about the people that make the records. I am not 100% sure it matters. If we really researched everyone involved with every book, movie, piece of music, or painting that we want to experience we might find out a lot of things that would color the experience.
      I do believe that we should usually "separate the art from the artist," but there are times you can't because the "art" itself might have connections to the thing that you find troubling in the artist. Or the particular thing that disturbs you about the artist might be something you can't just ignore. Part of it has to do with how much you enjoyed it in the first place. Giving up Michael Jackson's music and Woody Allen's films would hardly affect me at all.
      Speaking of Phil Spector I know he did a lot of strange and disturbing things but I'm not sure he murdered that woman. I don't know how accurate the film starring Al Pacino is but if it's factual then it would have been pretty much impossible for him to have shot that woman without being covered in blood, which he wasn't. Who knows.
      • Like Like x 1