James Maker - brief statement re: Morrissey via Facebook (27 June, 2019)

"Morrissey:

In the 40 years I have known him, Morrissey has never made a racist comment to me.
Ever, Simply, it has never happened.

Wilde, despite tremendous popularity in the the late 19th-century, was jailed with hard labour.
And, now, a similar fate befalls Morrissey who did not tow the far-left, revisionist Orwellian line of 2019 politics.
The cost is the necessary destruction of a unique voice.

I have to ask you one question:
if Morrissey retires and never records another song or album — does that make your world happier? x "

He ends by linking to:

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

let's read between the lines here. Morrissey says racist things, supports far right party, record bombs, public lose interest. Morrissey tries old tactic of sending on the boys, because it's all he knows. Hopes everyone will drop everything and listen to this bloke. Morrissey threatens bogus lawsuits with zero chance of success against publications for reporting facts. There is just one person responsible for all this, and he is terrified that what he has done and said will impact his revenue stream.

The main problem is Morrissey DOES support For Britain and AMW. Every time I see or hear Waters on videos posted on this site, I cannot believe he likes this woman. So James Maker: tell your friend to stop his support for Waters. Otherwise he kills his career alone! Not the press!

"The libel trial unearthed evidence that caused Wilde to drop his charges and led to his own arrest and trial for gross indecency with men. After two more trials he was convicted and sentenced to two years' hard labour, the maximum penalty, and was jailed from 1895 to 1897."

Might be something to keep in mind. Not that I think Morrissey is going to be arrested but it's a similar situation where he draws attention to these areas where he feels he is being wronged. Then people start examining his statements and patterns of statements and draw the exact opposite conclusion that he would wish, right or wrong. This is why people hire publicists. And what he ought to do instead of having someone interview him that agrees with everything he says would be to hire someone to cross examine him just like people do before they go to trial.
If he wants to make these big statements on serious issues he should be very clear on what he wants to say. Someone should challenge him on it. He should prepare and have his story straight.
But that would be work. He would rather make these remarks off the cuff to someone who is probably financially dependent on him and then cry when the evil press quotes him.

Yes, the prudes that sent Wilde to Reading Gaol 125 years ago now are the newspapers from Soviet Britain that ban Morrissey from the UK.
Such a sad thing.

let's read between the lines here. Morrissey says racist things, supports far right party, record bombs, public lose interest. Morrissey tries old tactic of sending on the boys, because it's all he knows. Hopes everyone will drop everything and listen to this bloke. Morrissey threatens bogus lawsuits with zero chance of success against publications for reporting facts. There is just one person responsible for all this, and he is terrified that what he has done and said will impact his revenue stream.
make an account ya bawbag.

Please elucidate.

When did Morrissey ever make a racist statement, or pen a racist lyric?

I would suggest that you stop being taken in by leftie press. The media is a very powerful tool for spreading rumour, gossip and lies.

does nobody remember why we loved M in the first place,when he came second in the greatest living brits it was the public that voted for him because of his honesty,now that's what they don't like about him.M, may yer lum reek forever.

God I just love how much the truth hurts the left. Their moral panic just keeps on spasming to the point where they're going to have no muscle tissue left. By no means have I forgotten how insane the right can be either so it's getting very cramped here in the middle. Morrissey's career will be just fine. His music wasn't made for these spineless, blindfolded twats anyway.

To answer your question, James, it wouldn't really make a difference to my world now. Might be the best thing for Morrissey, though.

God I just love how much the truth hurts the left. Their moral panic just keeps on spasming to the point where they're going to have no muscle tissue left. By no means have I forgotten how insane the right can be either so it's getting very cramped here in the middle. Morrissey's career will be just fine. His music wasn't made for these spineless, blindfolded twats anyway.

His career may be just fine outside in some parts of the world but its well and truly screwed in the UK.

No it isn’t. Broaden your mind.
Number 4 with a covers album, number 1 in the vinyl. Hugely succesful last UK Tour.

It’s just that the hostility among a minority of his enemies is so extreme that he has to fear for his safety at this point.

Last edited:
"The libel trial unearthed evidence that caused Wilde to drop his charges and led to his own arrest and trial for gross indecency with men. After two more trials he was convicted and sentenced to two years' hard labour, the maximum penalty, and was jailed from 1895 to 1897."

Might be something to keep in mind. Not that I think Morrissey is going to be arrested but it's a similar situation where he draws attention to these areas where he feels he is being wronged. Then people start examining his statements and patterns of statements and draw the exact opposite conclusion that he would wish, right or wrong. This is why people hire publicists. And what he ought to do instead of having someone interview him that agrees with everything he says would be to hire someone to cross examine him just like people do before they go to trial.
If he wants to make these big statements on serious issues he should be very clear on what he wants to say. Someone should challenge him on it. He should prepare and have his story straight.
But that would be work. He would rather make these remarks off the cuff to someone who is probably financially dependent on him and then cry when the evil press quotes him.
Ive figured it out what annoys me about you. you write like someone chewing on a piece of gristle, and really enjoying it. one gets this sense from you that you seem to think what you come up with is really juicy and savoury that you could just chew on your words all day. and then you lay the chewed up pieces before everyone and point to them and say "this is this and that that is that". like, you're way too into pointing things out that you learned sitting at home all day on the internet. and it kind of makes me cringe because no one needs an uncommonly enthusiastic peasant to tell them whats what.

Dear Peter, thank you for your insight and opinion.

You twat.

James Maker, as he's a good friend of Morrissey's, should explain to him how he is being perceived because of the people he's choosing to align with. As for waving around the idea that Morrissey may never record another album, that is simply another example of distracting from the issues without addressing them - in just the same way as Johnson bumbled on about painting model buses.

Morrissey caused the end of The Smiths; it's a wonder how he's managed to keep recording (on and off), the way he's carried on. As far as I can see, with his wealth, he can keep recording as long as he likes. He has a nice voice but I have stopped buying the recordings and am disinterested in tickets because of what he's saying and who he admires. To answer James's question and though, no, it wouldn't make my life happier if he stopped recording. It would have no effect.

Last edited:
No it isn’t. Broaden your mind.
Number 4 with a covers album, number 1 in the vinyl. Hugely succesful last UK Tour.

It’s just that the hostility among a minority of his enemies is so extreme that he has to fear for his safety at this point.

Don't talk shit, his album sales were pitiful and he had to cancel his last UK tour due to lack of interest.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom