james maker - born that way

P

plick

what a great song! i saw him live twice and i wasnt impressed at all - but that song is really good - anyone agree?

> what a great song! i saw him live twice and i wasnt impressed at all - but
> that song is really good - anyone agree?

I'd have to agree with that. Wasn't impressed with him at all at Move. Looked like Holly Johnson in a face gurning competition. But, bought the single and by the last gig loved it. He has got very odd facial expressions, so the CD does the song far more justice.

Indeed, agreed!

> I'd have to agree with that. Wasn't impressed with him at all at Move.
> Looked like Holly Johnson in a face gurning competition. But, bought the
> single and by the last gig loved it. He has got very odd facial
> expressions, so the CD does the song far more justice.

I think James Maker is great but I'd never admit it in person..

He's good in a bad way.
When I watched him in the point most where laughing at the previously mentioned "gurning" (quotation marks because i love that word) and I was laughing along too but only pretend laughing...I thought he was brilliant, I bought the album and it shames me so much I itch.

Re: I think James Maker is great but I'd never admit it in person..

I was with my brother at the point and he said James Maker was shit. I haven't told him I thought he was good. The album isn't available in Ireland though is it?

> I was with my brother at the point and he said James Maker was shit. I
> haven't told him I thought he was good. The album isn't available in
> Ireland though is it?
Must be as Mr Smith lives here.And I KNOW HE NEVERBUYS ANYTHING when he goes to a gig.Half the time he doesn't even buy his ticket so James Maker should indeed be flattered!

> I was with my brother at the point and he said James Maker was shit. I
> haven't told him I thought he was good. The album isn't available in
> Ireland though is it?

Well I got some stuff in tower records...
(p.s, don't tell him you thought he was good, I admitted it one night and had to do that thing like you pretend you where makin a joke straight away coz the reaction was similar to me announcing I was plannin a duet with Lionol Richie..e.g, not good)

My brother doesn't know half of my musical tastes anyway. He thinks I only listen to Moz and The Smiths...which is partly true!

Booo..

I do spend money at gigs...do you think I get intoxicated by the sheer excitment of being round fantastic people such as yourself?
ANSWER: No, I look for penny's on the floor and purchase cheap warm alcohol with the treasure I find!
In Earls court there was quite alot of floor-penny's.

> what a great song! i saw him live twice and i wasnt impressed at all - but
> that song is really good - anyone agree?

At Move I thought he was too "camped up" but at other shows he's been really good.

I think that song is great too.

Back
Top Bottom