James Dean's 76th Birthday

Strange Fear

Please keep me in mind
Today would be James Dean's 76th birthday. I just hope he's happy wherever he is and I wish the great man a happy birthday. He is and will always be loved.

rs-064.jpg

In memoriam, I'll never forget the time when my friend's Dad admitted he liked Mr. Dean's work. I couldn't believe it b/c my friend's Dad is in his 70's and he is a very, very strict person whom I'd never thought would like the movies that Mr. Dean was in. I guess you'd have to understand the persona of my friend's Dad to truly understand what I mean. It's just great that he admitted even how "cool" Mr. Dean was. I thought that was class.

I have the book, James Dean's Not Dead and it's great. (just like Exit Smiling & the NY Dolls books)

RIP Mr. Dean. Gone but truly, not forgotten...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got the James Dean is not Dead book, and i went out and bought all three of his films. I love 'Rebel' and 'East of Eden' but i have yet to watch 'Giant', It's such a shame and a waste. I second what you have said pbb, 'Gone, but truly, not forgotten...'

Phil-Stern-James-Dean--Jumper--.jpg

my favourite photo

Such an Icon, pity about Giant a terrible soapy melodramatic piece of shit. Remember kid's buckle up.

Such an Icon, pity about Giant a terrible soapy melodramatic piece of shit. Remember kid's buckle up.

Cheers for that, maybe i shouldn't bother then

Giant is a classic movie, with a great peformance by James Dean. But I guess that's just my opinion.

Thanks! I have sadly seen none of them, but am now going to go out and find them. So sad how he died. so sad......
icon_crying.gif

I know, it's such an unfortunate thing because he was such a great actore and great indivudual, he was a shy and quiet person with deep feelings who became one of the most talented actor in Hollywood. I really reccomend you watch those three movies. If you want to find out more about his life you should read Morrissey's "James Dean is not Dead" I'm on the verge of buying it right now. Another biography is "The Mutant King"

Back
Top Bottom