Jakarta - Tennis Indoor Theater (May 10, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

How Soon Is Now? / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Alma Matters / Black Cloud / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Know It's Over / First Of The Gang To Die / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / To Give (The Reason I Live) / I Will See You In Far Off Places / Speedway // Still Ill

set list provided by Miss Garden, an anonymous person.

• Photo from Winda Malika Siregar / Path. Link from Miss Garden.

jakarta.jpg

Last edited:
No, the Indonesian fans definitely deserve a special shout out for their amazing, arena-wide singalongs. I'm really impressed with the Morrissey fanbase there! Boz even commented on it on Facebook.
Here in Tokyo, Morrissey was very happy with the vibes he got from our passionate crowd but these video clips show the true reach of The Mozfather in "far off places".

Well done!

It's unfair to compare the two shows.

The SG audience were suffering in that sweltering heat (waiting a good hour for Morrissey and his band to play) whereas those in Jakarta were enjoying an airconned indoor stadium.

Had the concert been held in Kallang Theatre, I am sure we would have been as receptive as the audience in Jakarta.

This is a good point.

Slight revision to the setlist:

How Soon Is Now
You Have Killed Me
You're The One for Me, Fatty
Alma Matters
Black Cloud
When Last I Spoke To Carol
Shoplifters of the World Unite
Everyday Is Like Sunday
I Know It’s Over
First of the Gang To Die
Meat Is Murder
Let Me Kiss You
I'm Throwing My Arms around Paris
Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
Ouija Board
To Give (The Reason I Live)
I Will See You in Far Off Places
Speedway

Encore: Still Ill

The gap between the stage and the crowd approximately about 1,2 meter. We've been waited for the opening gate from 3 pm (the gate was open on 6 pm). And some of us went in on 7 pm, stood, exhausted, grasped hard to have the best position, waited for the opening show on 9 pm. And 1 more thing, we've been waiting for M since 90's to make a gigs in Jakarta, and it came true this year. Is that reflect how keen and enthusiast indonesian fans for this show? And I think M deserve to have more than nice and stood still audience :D

PS : I was stood in front row, in front of JT set

Song list Morrissey Jakarta (fix)

1. How soon is now (the Smiths)
2. You have killed me
3. You're the one for me, Fatty
4. Alma Matters
5. Black Cloud
6. When Last I Spoke to Carol
7. Shoplifters Of The World Unite
8. Everyday Is Like Sunday
9. I Know Its Over
10. First Of The Gang To Die
11. Meat is Murder
12. Let Me Kiss You

(9.53 PM Morrissey open his blue shirt n throw it away to the crowd at Jakarta)

13. Ouija Board Ouija Board
14. I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
15. Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me (The Smiths)
16. I Will See You In Far Off Places
17. Speedway

(10.21 PM Morrissey with his 3rd shirt)

18. To Give (The Reason I Live) | LOVE THIS SO MUCH!
19. Still ill (The Smiths)

(10.28 PM THE SHOW ENDS) !!

good heaven, i cried on that day, after years and years, for dreaming morrissey will come to Indonesia, a place that almost unthinkable for a moz show happened...

so i was in the festival, 4 meters from the baricade, the crowds went mental and crazy after he showed up with the band, it was an epic and magical for his fans in Indonesia. Even after he sang the first song (most of us, including me, in joyful tears), Moz said to the crowd that he didnt expected this huge and passionate fans, chanted his songs, so damn loud and electric! i was hystericaly love him, by the way he treated the stage invanders for hugging and kissing him, and touching his hands. the bands was fantastic, and i got a chance to get a photos with Boz, Walker the bassist, and Jesse Tobias, they were very kind to me :) the songlists really entertaining and everyone singing along, like brothers and sisters. overal, the show, for the fans in Indonesia, magical!

thank you, for you David Tseng, i remembered the first time log in to your forum in 1998, i guess, trying to find an information about this Man, and envying all the members in Europe and US, and other countries, who can seeing him alive..omg, and somehow, the chance is came to us in Indonesia. GBU, and God Bless to all the members and the lovers of Morrissey in the world.. Now we can feel the feeling that you experienced... Good heaven, it was stunning and beautiful :)

PM.

Yes. As Peter said, it was magical for us. I'm trying to reminiscing 2009, when we, his fans in Indonesia celebrated his 50th Anniversary in 4 different cities: Jakarta, Yogyakarta, Tangerang and Bandung. That wasn't enough to convince promoters to bring him here.
Three years later, it happened.
My friend, who had a chance to met and talked to one of die hard-foreigner-fan quoted that we had successfully made a great impression to him, from the way he gave us a rare gift: giving a mic to the crowd to tell his/her thoughts.
We, here, hope he'll be back soon.

-Japra-

@Peter Marr... comment was really heartfelt! Glad you were able to see Him.

wow - I've never heard so much singing along, even to all the less obvious stuff. incredible.
what were the audience like? mainly tourists, locals, British expats?

wow - I've never heard so much singing along, even to all the less obvious stuff. incredible.
what were the audience like? mainly tourists, locals, British expats?

almost 99 percent, locals, my friend :) all an indonesian fans.. there was some foreigners that has been followed him from japan!

My friend, who had a chance to met and talked to one of die hard-foreigner-fan quoted that we had successfully made a great impression to him, from the way he gave us a rare gift: giving a mic to the crowd to tell his/her thoughts.
We, here, hope he'll be back soon.

-Japra-
happy for you guys to finally see him.and peter marr.lovely heartfelt comment.
im interested to know what the audience asked him when he gave them the microphone? andwhat were his response/answers?
beside the conversations ..do you remember anythign else he said?

so three guys made it on stage..during which song or songs? i had trouble viewing the vids.

Last edited:
These videos are f'ing rad. I've been watching them non-stop. The Jakarta audience is the best Ive ever witnessed A world apart from the stoned LA crowds.
I predict a number one position atop his Asia favorites list.

happy for you guys to finally see him.and peter marr.lovely heartfelt comment.
im interested to know what the audience asked him when he gave them the microphone? andwhat were his response/answers?
beside the conversations ..do you remember anythign else he said?

so three guys made it on stage..during which song or songs? i had trouble viewing the vids.

The lucky girl was so shy and nervous I think. So she thanked Moz for coming and admitting that she's nervous "I'm speechless.."

After How Soon Is Now, Moz was saying something like "I never expected this.."
Also critisizing UN's movement toward Syria. When he asked "what's UN?" manu of us replied: "shiiiiit"
He's so charming and I'm lucky to witnessed that charms. The crowd was absolutely wild, maybe at least 8 people who brought gladiola and raised it up during the show

The first guy who made it was in the first verse of The First of The Gang to Die, Moz himself helped him to get through the stage. And that guy gave Moz a gladiola before he hugged him.
The second guy, was one of my friends, invaded the stage during Let Me Kiss You. After the show he hugged his friend, crying. Man I never seen that thing could happen because they are a HC kids.
And the last guy was in the middle of Still Ill, he's being grabbed rudely by the bouncer!

- Japra -

Is Morrissey's bodyguard being a little overprotective?

Still Ill

Last edited by a moderator:
almost 99 percent, locals, my friend :) all an indonesian fans.. there was some foreigners that has been followed him from japan!

Yeah 99% is about right. I was of the 1% foreigners. There was also a mad guy (I assume he was English) with a union jack bath-towel who seemed to be having a whale of a time.

This morning I was at the airport in a long queue at passport control, and guess who should swan past me? Moz appears to have stayed an extra night in Jakarta. I bet he was heading on the 830am Cathay Pacific flight to HK, and then connecting back to blighty maybe. I myself was booked on a low cost Garuda flight. I am here in HK for a weeks work, shame Moz couldn't have played here too. There is a huge fan base.
Lastparty

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom