"Jacky's..." official video out on Thursday 30th Nov.

UPDATE Nov. 30:

Link to video now on YouTube posted by Shyness 1s nice:

UPDATE Dec. 1:

Posted by joe frady:

Better a/v quality found via director Robert Hales vimeo page

Regards,
FWD.

41565_jackys_video_screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know Moz has said this isn't about Brexit, but I do find it a bit suspect that in the breakdown/ending of the song the lights flash red, white and blue i.e the colours of the Union Jack

Hilarious, tacky and cheap. Such a shame he didn't allow Diesel to dress up in silk pyjamas and "Dad dance" with the Lawnmowers.
Good to see they can all laugh at themselves.
Hecklers keep up the heckling at the next performance. Louder !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Wow! My god That's UK under Brexit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kitsch , ridiculous and senseless....

"We lost yooooooooooooooou "

PS : Harvey Weinstein is mad about it and found his next new technique to attract young innocent wannabe actresses.

that goes into the so bad its good category,so tongue in cheek.the band are so funny in this.boz is always tucked in at the back.

I LOVE this video. Perhaps his best yet!
I totally agree. excellent video. a throwback to dance shows of the sixties. wit in the lyrics,humor in the dance steps, and the nostalgia I n the satin suits reminds us of a more innocent time period. bet you never once thought about trump while watching! I think it is best since boy racer. and i'm not a real fan of most of mozzers video.

I know Moz has said this isn't about Brexit, but I do find it a bit suspect that in the breakdown/ending of the song the lights flash red, white and blue i.e the colours of the Union Jack

Yes, it is about Brexit and the Earth is flat and the moon landing was fake and Jesus could change water into wine...

But how did the dancers get cast in the video? Were they just called from a talent agency? I wanted to be in it! LOL.

Moz said "Jacky" isn't a political song and I have no reason to doubt him. The Brexit stuff could be a coincidence. I personally thought it was about someone going through a break-up or divorce and working through emotions in a vulnerable sort of way. Hitting a low. Have you been there? Maybe the country is simply where the person resides. Does your government not make you sick with its corruption and fascism? Mine sure does! Everyday!

#iHeartMORRISSEY

Well, what I said is true.
Then again, what I said is what THEY said... and not my personal opinion.

They simply played a Rockabilly concert with the same band that played with Morrissey, but without Morrissey.... and talked a lot about how they could not drink or smoke when Morrissey was present because their contract said such thing... and they certainly didn't like Morrissey at all.

Their contracts were for sure not life-time contracts, so maybe some "rules" got more flexible later. My guess is that the tour must have been quite tense given the opinions that his own band had about him.

Other than that, and this is just a guess, I ASSUME that these kind of contracts are quite usual for solo singers who hire a band. As to give an absurd example, I am sure that a musician hired by Paul McCartney to play with him can't lighten up a cigarette whilst playing, nor bring his own bottle of vodka and drink it during the concert.

So maybe these clauses that made them feel so upset are not so unusual... but that's just my guess.

I liked a lot the new video... And the song is obviously about the Brexit, even if Morrissey publicly says that it isn't about it. "Scene Six: This country is making me sick!"... Which country is he talking about if the song is about a person whom he calls "Jackie"?

someone must have lost the storyboard on the way to the shoot, not much going on, but still cute.Best part is when it goes red. Preferred 'Spent The Day'.

hello DavidK :love:

I wish he still thought making videos was an awful and degrading idea. I still have never seen him in one and thought "that's really good."

I thought it was one of his best videos alongside:

• Suedehead
  • The Last of the Famous International Playboys
  • November Spawned a Monster
  • Our Frank
  • We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful
  • Glamorous Glue
  • Boy Racer
  • Dagenham Dave
  • You Have Killed Me?

What's a music video by another artist that you admire?

Not about Brexit? Why are there sound clips of Nigel Farage under the music at Scene2/4/6

Ps
(24/6) = date of referendum result

I thought the video was great and quite hilarious and I bet the band dancing and dressing like that was Morrisssey's idea. Some people here should take things with a bit of humour.

Not about Brexit? Why are there sound clips of Nigel Farage under the music at Scene2/4/6

Ps
(24/6) = date of referendum result

“Scene Two: Everyone who comes must go /

Scene Four: Blacker than ever before /

Scene Six: This country is making me sick.”

Tags
low in high school info
Back
Top Bottom