"Jacky's..." official video out on Thursday 30th Nov.

UPDATE Nov. 30:

Link to video now on YouTube posted by Shyness 1s nice:

UPDATE Dec. 1:

Posted by joe frady:

Better a/v quality found via director Robert Hales vimeo page

Regards,
FWD.

41565_jackys_video_screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was about his sister. Isn’t that her name? Is that how she spells it?
I like the song and the video, what is it about though? I read the Brexit theory on here, which Moz denied in the Sunday Times interview. At first listen I thought it was a dig at Theresa May and the whole Brexit issue, now I don't know, maybe a dig at Kristeen Young?, I'm sure its a dig at somebody, that's easy! lol

Look at Mr Smiley Badge!!! How bloody cute is his little chops!!!???

Last edited by a moderator:
I love it too. I think it was a pretty fun video. Good for Moz.

a bizarre presentation, good job though, guys. matt walker's steps are the steadiest, boz looks a bit self-conscious, trippin around, but seems to enjoy wearing his ice blue silk suit. nice color. the suits look like pyjamas from another more eccentric era

Matt Walker is a natural :) The whole band was great. :thumb: Surely they had a lot of fun doing it.

I like the video - the lightness of it (yes, even the band :D) after all the news lately....

giphy.gif

I take back my initial post about it being weird. I like it, it's very him, and he looks great in it. In my opinion it's probably his best video since "Irish Blood, English Heart" with the possible exception of the 'unreleased' "Ganglord" video.

The only thing I don't like about it is the band could have gotten their choreography down better. I don't care if it's supposed to be some sort of 'statement' that they are all out-of-sync, it's distracting in a stupid way that they aren't together.

It would have been good if two-thirds of the way through all of them, including Morrissey, suddenly started doing the dance perfectly.

I like the song and the video, what is it about though? I read the Brexit theory on here, which Moz denied in the Sunday Times interview. At first listen I thought it was a dig at Theresa May and the whole Brexit issue, now I don't know, maybe a dig at Kristeen Young?, I'm sure its a dig at somebody, that's easy! lol

This has been debated ad infinitum and I don’t expect what I say to add or detract from what has been discussed. But for what it’s worth I think it is about Brexit. Whether it’s pro-brexit - I don’t necessarily believe so. I’m not going to trawl through the interviews for the exact quote but I believe he says that it’s ridiculous people think it’s a pro Brexit song, not that it is about Brexit per ce. The spelling of ‘Jacky’ as in the Union Jack; the country is making me sick like and others. I think it’s more about the theory behind why the audience are heading for the exit. Because the people who voted for it are looking back with nostalgia at how Britain (Jacky) was up on the world stage, had an empire, was a leading force in the world. And that politicians are making it a worse place.

Everything is open to interpretation and that’s my personal one. We will never find out the truth so that’s how I perceive the song to be.

Not necessarily calling bullshit on your story, I don’t think, but members of the band regularly carried a beer on stage during the 2002 tour, and Gary Day would regularly spark up a cigarette before the encore and smoked it on stage, back when you could do such things.

Well, what I said is true.
Then again, what I said is what THEY said... and not my personal opinion.

They simply played a Rockabilly concert with the same band that played with Morrissey, but without Morrissey.... and talked a lot about how they could not drink or smoke when Morrissey was present because their contract said such thing... and they certainly didn't like Morrissey at all.

Their contracts were for sure not life-time contracts, so maybe some "rules" got more flexible later. My guess is that the tour must have been quite tense given the opinions that his own band had about him.

Other than that, and this is just a guess, I ASSUME that these kind of contracts are quite usual for solo singers who hire a band. As to give an absurd example, I am sure that a musician hired by Paul McCartney to play with him can't lighten up a cigarette whilst playing, nor bring his own bottle of vodka and drink it during the concert.

So maybe these clauses that made them feel so upset are not so unusual... but that's just my guess.

I liked a lot the new video... And the song is obviously about the Brexit, even if Morrissey publicly says that it isn't about it. "Scene Six: This country is making me sick!"... Which country is he talking about if the song is about a person whom he calls "Jackie"?

This has been debated ad infinitum and I don’t expect what I say to add or detract from what has been discussed. But for what it’s worth I think it is about Brexit. Whether it’s pro-brexit - I don’t necessarily believe so. I’m not going to trawl through the interviews for the exact quote but I believe he says that it’s ridiculous people think it’s a pro Brexit song, not that it is about Brexit per ce. The spelling of ‘Jacky’ as in the Union Jack; the country is making me sick like and others. I think it’s more about the theory behind why the audience are heading for the exit. Because the people who voted for it are looking back with nostalgia at how Britain (Jacky) was up on the world stage, had an empire, was a leading force in the world. And that politicians are making it a worse place.

Everything is open to interpretation and that’s my personal one. We will never find out the truth so that’s how I perceive the song to be.
Thanks for that input, and what you have written sounds quite correct, it never crossed my mind the Union Jack being Jacky, that does sort of make sense. I like how Morrissey is so cryptic with lyrics, he can say whatever he wants in code, and if anyone says its about this or that, he can just say your wrong.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom