"Jacky's..." official video out on Thursday 30th Nov.

UPDATE Nov. 30:

Link to video now on YouTube posted by Shyness 1s nice:

UPDATE Dec. 1:

Posted by joe frady:

Better a/v quality found via director Robert Hales vimeo page

Regards,
FWD.

41565_jackys_video_screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the inept dancing was a great part of the charm of it.

Whose your money on for winning the Strictly Christmas special? Morrissey and his lot or Elvis Costello & The Attractions?

I did enjoy Boz a beat behind everyone else though. It reminded me of Corporal Jones on parade. He didn’t fancy the kneeling down bit did he?

If I had to pick a video full of bad dancing, I'd go for the Cure and Why Can't I Be You? (Terrible song, great video)

a bizarre presentation, good job though, guys. matt walker's steps are the steadiest, boz looks a bit self-conscious, trippin around, but seems to enjoy wearing his ice blue silk suit. nice color. the suits look like pyjamas from another more eccentric era

It's mildly amusing, though the one joke setup starts to wear thin after a couple of minutes. The lighting change during the middle section is probably the most interesting bit.

Personally, I don't think this was a great choice for a single. It's OK as a deep album cut, but the very lumbering tempo and brooding feel don't make it something likely to grab first-time listeners. Still - the budget for this video looks like it was only about £750, so fingers crossed they have some money for another cheapie one in a couple of weeks. Hopefully something a bit more lively - 'My Love I'd Do Anything For You' would be a good choice.

a bizarre presentation, good job though, guys. matt walker's steps are the steadiest, boz looks a bit self-conscious, trippin around, but seems to enjoy wearing his ice blue silk suit. nice color. the suits look like pyjamas from another more eccentric era
Hugh Hefner era? :brows:

I reckon there was a casting call for a "Morrissey video" last month in Burbank and I didn't post anything because some anti-American terrorists or descendants of Nazi war criminals from South America would post something like "you think you are in the inner circle".

Sure it's not too different to the videos for You Have Killed Me and I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris. Basically Moz standing on stage doing an impression of the robot from 'Lost In Space'. That's not an insult by the way. I love that darn robot.

lost-in-space-robot-3.jpg

Here he is with a young Boz on stage (from the Kill Uncle tour):

hqdefault.jpg

Well you have been caught out by the man himself, only yourself to blame due to your billy bullshit sightings, when he actually doesn’t live there anymore.

I wonder if this was the original video concept or the result of some "creative" compromise:

DIRECTOR: "Ok Mr Morrissey. I'm thinking of shooting in downtown L.A. There'll be cheerleaders, a marching band, a real carnival atmosphere. The other guys will be dressed in Armani tuxedos"

MORRISSEY:"Sounds marvellous dear boy. Any idea of the budget?

DIRECTOR."Well, the time we close the roads and hire the chopper for the aerial shots, I'm thinking 300/400K minimum."

Damon rushes over with the smelling salts!

It's mildly amusing, though the one joke setup starts to wear thin after a couple of minutes. The lighting change during the middle section is probably the most interesting bit.

Personally, I don't think this was a great choice for a single. It's OK as a deep album cut, but the very lumbering tempo and brooding feel don't make it something likely to grab first-time listeners. Still - the budget for this video looks like it was only about £750, so fingers crossed they have some money for another cheapie one in a couple of weeks. Hopefully something a bit more lively - 'My Love I'd Do Anything For You' would be a good choice.

After hearing the studio version I agree. My love should have been the second single and is the best choice after stdib. Home is a ? Is a great song but it’s a slow build and start for a single

I take back my initial post about it being weird. I like it, it's very him, and he looks great in it. In my opinion it's probably his best video since "Irish Blood, English Heart" with the possible exception of the 'unreleased' "Ganglord" video.

The only thing I don't like about it is the band could have gotten their choreography down better. I don't care if it's supposed to be some sort of 'statement' that they are all out-of-sync, it's distracting in a stupid way that they aren't together.

I like the song and the video, what is it about though? I read the Brexit theory on here, which Moz denied in the Sunday Times interview. At first listen I thought it was a dig at Theresa May and the whole Brexit issue, now I don't know, maybe a dig at Kristeen Young?, I'm sure its a dig at somebody, that's easy! lol

I love seeing the band dance. :D I like it! That sideways clap he does gets me everytime.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom