"Jacky's..." official video out on Thursday 30th Nov.

UPDATE Nov. 30:

Link to video now on YouTube posted by Shyness 1s nice:

UPDATE Dec. 1:

Posted by joe frady:

Better a/v quality found via director Robert Hales vimeo page

Regards,
FWD.

41565_jackys_video_screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Boz very well hidden.
The cringe 'dancing' - well, make of that what you will. Common People did it better methinks.
Abbreviated ending - does that count as an 'edit'?
At least this version isn't age restricted so might get more traffic, but the time distance between the radio exclusive play and the lyric video/this video and subsequent December physical release are too spread out to emulate STDIB.
Still, Moz looked very well in it.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Amusing though I don’t know what it’s a play on if it’s a play on anything. Fun though. On first view I couldn’t stop thinking white guy finger snapping at the wrong time

f***ing ridiculous, whether irony was intended or not.
Kiss Me A Lot by SER is a masterpiece of epic proportions compared to Mozerace.

I think it shows mozza in a good light, especially to the casuals who probably have a preconceived idea of him being dull and drab. Its nice to see him having fun and not taking himself too serious.

Very funny. Loved it sooooo much.
I just disliked the band's blue clothes (but just 'cause I don't like that blue).

Makes me think of Shindig! I get the natural aptitude for using lyrics and ideas in an inventive way to create humor.

His band have never looked more like a bunch of trained monkeys. He tries to talk about "the gang, the boys, etc" but you sure don't see any hint of it here. At least Boz managed to hide throughout the video fairly well.

His band have never looked more like a bunch of trained monkeys. He tries to talk about "the gang, the boys, etc" but you sure don't see any hint of it here. At least Boz managed to hide throughout the video fairly well.
You know what, I must have only taken my eyes off Moz 2 or 3 times in the whole video so I didn't even notice of the gang behind him :lbf:

That was great fun. Probably the first time in over a decade I’ve been reminded of the Morrissey I grew up loving. If they’d led with that video I think he’d be looking at a better album chart position.

That’s Alan Bennett in the white thigh boots then, is it?

You know what, I must have only taken my eyes off Moz 2 or 3 times in the whole video so I didn't even notice of the gang behind him :lbf:
Poor dead eyed guys. Only Jesse and Gustavo can even halfway fake it. The left side of the screen looks like they are auditioning for the walking dead.

A big shame they didn't release this as the single dropped to create more of a buzz before the album faced the charts. Far more engaging and visually appealing than the more basic performance video for Spent The Day In Bed.

You can tell Morrissey is absolutely in his element. Challenges the image of dour Morrissey that comes through in his public comments. I didn't actually think of the references (intentional or not) to the disco scenes in Pulp's Common People, but it definitely comes through now it's been mentioned.

Last edited:
Poor dead eyed guys. Only Jesse and Gustavo can even halfway fake it. The left side of the screen looks like they are auditioning for the walking dead.

I thought the inept dancing was a great part of the charm of it.

Whose your money on for winning the Strictly Christmas special? Morrissey and his lot or Elvis Costello & The Attractions?

I did enjoy Boz a beat behind everyone else though. It reminded me of Corporal Jones on parade. He didn’t fancy the kneeling down bit did he?

1 hour after release:
19k views via Facebook.
3.7k views on YouTube.
Regards,
FWD.

I thought the inept dancing was a great part of the charm of it.

Whose your money on for winning the Strictly Christmas special? Morrissey and his lot or Elvis Costello & The Attractions?

I did enjoy Boz a beat behind everyone else though. It reminded me of Corporal Jones on parade.

Love Elvis! (Yeah the Declan one)

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom