"Jacky's..." official video out on Thursday 30th Nov.

UPDATE Nov. 30:

Link to video now on YouTube posted by Shyness 1s nice:

UPDATE Dec. 1:

Posted by joe frady:

Better a/v quality found via director Robert Hales vimeo page

Regards,
FWD.

41565_jackys_video_screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, if Moz sings very loud and clearly Brexit in stead of exit, even if he did it only once, it would be hilarious.
I wouldn’t mind if he did.
BRRREXIT, everybody’s running to the EXIT. :)
If you have VLC player I would use that instead as the sound is higher. You change the speed by going to playback-speed-slower. Turn the sound up as high as you can on both your device and VLC player (with headphones). Start the song on 03:53 and you will hear it at 03:56.

its art you idiots it has nothing to do with the visuals if you don't like it nobody is making you watch go to the "KISS" website pure talent beats commercial talent always

"it's art you idiots it has nothing to do with the visuals"

Genius! You really do have to be intelligent to understand Morrissey.

I've always believed that the Oye Esteban tour in 2000 (Boz, Alain, Gary, and Spike T. Smith) was the last time his band really felt like, well, a band. Once Alain and Gary left the scene, that is when the "band" became nothing more than a group of constantly revolving session musicians (sorry Boz, but its true).

I do remember the Oye Esteban tour.
The band threw some flyers to the audience for a second concert, but without Morrissey. They had a Rockabilly band and they played for maybe some 100 persons or less (can't remember the name of the band they had, but it was simply all the musicians who played with Morrissey, but playing Rockabilly songs.

I had the chance to talk to Alain Whyte & Gary Day after that Rockabilly concert (Morrissey didn't go to that concert). I actually had the chance to talk a lot because most people was not interested in them since probably everyone had gone there just to see if they could get an autograph or a photo with Morrissey, but Morrissey was not there.

Anyway, they certainly had the spirit of "a band"... well, they actually played as a separate band without Morrissey. The weird thing is that when I talked to Gary and Alain, they HATED Morrissey and they were very open about it.

I remember them telling me that they were upset because their contract with Morrissey didn't allow them to smoke or drink alcohol when Morrissey was present... as to give Morrissey a "clean image". They could not be seen with a couple or casual couple either as to keep the "celibate" image... and most of the time I talked to them, they simply complained about Morrissey and clearly considered themselves his employees... and not exactly "happy employees". According to them, they even had to follow a dressing code and considered that Morrissey was some sort of control freak who had made them sign an abusive contract.

So it is true that they felt like "a band", they actually organized their own gig, but Morrissey was NOT part of that "band" if you know what I mean. They were VERY open how much they despised Morrissey... and I do not mean playing with Morrissey, but mostly Morrissey as a person.

I think you are SOMEHOW right, they had the spirit of a band, but that spirit did not include Morrissey himself. They didn't like him and considered themselves to be his session "band".

I'm waiting one day for the tell-all book from one of those poor sods in the band. Payback for stupid shite like this.

"it's art you idiots it has nothing to do with the visuals"

Genius! You really do have to be intelligent to understand Morrissey.
all you have to be is a fan of music/period /the Morrissey I saw in Detroit offered up more in an hour and 40mins >>>>>>than 90% of bands will do in a lifetime>>>>>>music baby>>>>>>>the music

looks like an motown or disco video, with the people around. the handclap, but I'm a it puzz[e]led about the bands outfit, soon we'll see.

Jackky happy

Looks to me like his trousers are actually properly fitted, for once.

Morrissey once introduced Gary with "Close your legs for Gary Day".

I imagine Moz wasn't trying to present a "clean" image as much as one completely removed from the 70s groupie/drugs & booze bands he despised.

Last edited:
Not sure whether this has been mentioned in the three pages of this thread I didn’t read but from the screenshot it looks like the video might have something of a Eurovision vibe to it. Eurovision = Europe = EU. Illuminati confirmed

The band threw some flyers to the audience for a second concert, but without Morrissey. They had a Rockabilly band and they played for maybe some 100 persons or less (can't remember the name of the band they had, but it was simply all the musicians who played with Morrissey, but playing Rockabilly songs.

I had the chance to talk to Alain Whyte & Gary Day after that Rockabilly concert (Morrissey didn't go to that concert). I actually had the chance to talk a lot because most people was not interested in them since probably everyone had gone there just to see if they could get an autograph or a photo with Morrissey, but Morrissey was not there.

Anyway, they certainly had the spirit of "a band"... well, they actually played as a separate band without Morrissey. The weird thing is that when I talked to Gary and Alain, they HATED Morrissey and they were very open about it.

I remember them telling me that they were upset because their contract with Morrissey didn't allow them to smoke or drink alcohol when Morrissey was present... as to give Morrissey a "clean image". They could not be seen with a couple or casual couple either as to keep the "celibate" image... and most of the time I talked to them, they simply complained about Morrissey and clearly considered themselves his employees... and not exactly "happy employees". According to them, they even had to follow a dressing code and considered that Morrissey was some sort of control freak who had made them sign an abusive contract.

So it is true that they felt like "a band", they actually organized their own gig, but Morrissey was NOT part of that "band" if you know what I mean. They were VERY open how much they despised Morrissey... and I do not mean playing with Morrissey, but mostly Morrissey as a person.

I think you are SOMEHOW right, they had the spirit of a band, but that spirit did not include Morrissey himself. They didn't like him and considered themselves to be his session "band".

Not necessarily calling bullshit on your story, I don’t think, but members of the band regularly carried a beer on stage during the 2002 tour, and Gary Day would regularly spark up a cigarette before the encore and smoked it on stage, back when you could do such things.

If you have a decent pair of headphones, go onto youtube and open the lyric video. Go to the settings and click 0.5. Play the video from about 3.40. I can hear Brexit, fix this, excess and a few more.

Yes, but to be fair, I did the same, and all I heard was: "Exit," "sexting," "Tex-Mex, "incest," and "Relax don't do it."

Yes, but to be fair, I did the same, and all I heard was: "Exit," "sexting," "Tex-Mex, "incest," and "Relax don't do it."
I don't normally rate comments as 'troll'. But for you I made an exception.

Not necessarily calling bullshit on your story, I don’t think, but members of the band regularly carried a beer on stage during the 2002 tour, and Gary Day would regularly spark up a cigarette before the encore and smoked it on stage, back when you could do such things.

Jesse was pictured smoking not long ago as well. Don't they also post a lot of photos of the current band in bars

Even if this tale is true when Morrissey recruited them as his backing band 8 years previous to this (I believe in Autobiograhy he compares himself to Rex Harrison in My Fair Lady. lol)
well you know talk about getting ideas above your station. They obviously enjoyed the ride. Where would they have been today without Mozzer's intervention. Most probably fat and playing Elvis songs in various shit pubs round North London whilst trying to maintain a crap cocaine habit.

I've always believed that the Oye Esteban tour in 2000 (Boz, Alain, Gary, and Spike T. Smith) was the last time his band really felt like, well, a band. Once Alain and Gary left the scene, that is when the "band" became nothing more than a group of constantly revolving session musicians (sorry Boz, but its true).

To some extent perhaps, but hasn't Jesse been there for 12 years now? He and Boz have played together for a similar length of time as Alain and Boz did with Morrissey.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom