Jack the Ripper promo

Lucas Has a Cat

One Orange Cat
Hello:

I was curious as to how much the Jack the Ripper promo 7" is worth? I've seen a couple on eBay recently and was just curious.

Also, I was wondering if anybody knows how scarce the CD version is? Thanks for any info.

-Lucas

i saw the 7" not so long ago for $35. the CD will probably be around the same.

i personally feel that prices are subjective to the person/collector willing to spend whatever they want for an item.

Hello:

I was curious as to how much the Jack the Ripper promo 7" is worth? I've seen a couple on eBay recently and was just curious.

Also, I was wondering if anybody knows how scarce the CD version is? Thanks for any info.

-Lucas
As for those set of promos this would be my price list. All in mint condition.
Hold On $80 - $115
Certain People $80 - $115
Have A Go $60 - $75
Ignore Me $45 - $60
Ripper $35 - $50

This is just what they are going for now. Ignore Me is my favorite. I have always loved that sleeve. A few years ago, you could get the Hold On promo 7" for around $35 if you knew the right place to look. Now Ebay has taken over all the selling and even trading. I remember putting adds in Maximum Rock and Roll and RC in the early 90's looking for rare Moz and Smiths stuff. Now all rare stuff is on Ebay for crazy prices.

Hello:

-Lucas
Read the Record Collector issue with the Top 50 Morrissey article for accurate info and pricing.

Read the Record Collector issue with the Top 50 Morrissey article for accurate info and pricing.

Actually many users disagree with Record Collectors' estimated price and selection.
It's not accurate because market is volatile.

Actually many users disagree with Record Collectors' estimated price and selection.
It's not accurate because market is volatile.

i saw the 7" not so long ago for $35. the CD will probably be around the same.

i personally feel that prices are subjective to the person/collector willing to spend whatever they want for an item.

I think you are both right on this one. Smiths' records have reasonably stable prices (except multi coloured début album when Stefan is buying :)) but Morrissey stuff really depends on who else you are bidding against - and with the recent article some prices have gone silly. Having said that, I think some people bought some bargains from .X. last week.

Dave

I think you are both right on this one. Smiths' records have reasonably stable prices (except multi coloured début album when Stefan is buying :)) but Morrissey stuff really depends on who else you are bidding against - and with the recent article some prices have gone silly. Having said that, I think some people bought some bargains from .X. last week.

Dave
I find the pricing is generally on the mark and the info is good but I agree the selection may be off since a lot were left out. There is no exact science here though. Furthermore, I understand the article was put together and contributed by a few experienced members from this forum?

Record Collector Nov 2009 - Morrissey Top 50

I find the pricing is generally on the mark and the info is good but I agree the selection may be off since a lot were left out. There is no exact science here though. Furthermore, I understand the article was put together and contributed by a few experienced members from this forum?

Not really.
Actual article was written by Travis Gravell who thanked Michael Billborn, Jeff Pelletier, Stefan Krix and passsionsjustlikemine's Stephane for their help.

Back
Top Bottom