"Jack The Ripper" clip from "Introducing Morrissey" on Rolling Stone

It's been on YouTube for ages, but the quality is so much better here.

The best part of that clip is the girl writing in ecstasy as she's carried away. I know, honey. I know.

Wow this is so !!!!!!!!!!!

B O R I N G !!!! FFS Can we not get a really good scoop like, erm................Today silly Steven Tosserrey mostly ate quorn bacon butties, later he went to the 'bathroom' and dropped it in four !

BTBB

One of my favorites as well. It was the song that turned my ex into a Moz fan, something I'd previously deemed impossible.

Also: He looks so good here. I can't wait to be reunited with my DVD player this weekend.

I always loved the song but the studio version and live versions are so distinct. I have to say I always preferred the studio version. It reminds me of being in my 20s. It lent itself so well to being played in a car, LOUD.

I always loved the song but the studio version and live versions are so distinct. I have to say I always preferred the studio version. It reminds me of being in my 20s. It lent itself so well to being played in a car, LOUD.

I've found that the version on Beethoven was Deaf is nice for car-blasting.

hmm, how do I feel about this song?
its one of those songs I simply did not get in my divorce, if you know what I mean :straightface:

Oh, OK, if you don't, you have someone over, this song randomly comes on you itunes player and you just gotta go over and shut it off
put something else on, cuz well someone else just owns it, now you know what I mean?
anyways
yeah, love the song, just don't play it anymore :o

as for audio/CD, on 'Beethoven was Deaf ' it sounds great...

it's worth buying, as I have to with Introducing Morrissey on DVD

'and they say he's mentall'... 'have you seen him go oh oh oh'

bit in a till 1997 mood lately, only the new album lays* around the CD player [*cheese/onion]

Last edited:
One of my favorites as well. It was the song that turned my ex into a Moz fan, something I'd previously deemed impossible.

Also: He looks so good here. I can't wait to be reunited with my DVD player this weekend.

Not a fan of the outfit ( the shoes are fantastic. He should wear boots more often), but otherwise he looks perfect.

Sublime, and a reminder of how much better the live band was back then. The current line up sound perfectly nice on record, but live there's just too much clumsy, unnecessary college rock noise-wank with the bass and drums too high in the mix. I have this on a cassette somewhere (from my VHS) but I'd forgotten quite how good is was. I've always been a bit disappointed that he missed out the last verse and payoff when singing live. Oh well, never mind. The tour wasn't quite as energetic as the year before, but was lovely in it's own way, albeit the sets were short even by his standards.

Watching this reminded me that I have always hated the over production of "Introducing Morrissey"

The constant cutting to a different camera angle every 1 or 2 seconds.. sometimes less.. sometimes more.. drives me bonkers. I can't enjoy the video and won't even bother picking this one up on DVD.

Jack The Ripper is one of my favorite Morrissey songs. Top 10 for sure.

just ordered it by www.bol.com , had 12 euros airmiles in stock,
so free shipping [it's in my counytry] and paid 12,99 E for the DVD

waiting till next week

'and they say he's mentall' ... the postman always knocks twice...

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom