Jack the ripper 7" promo

Simon Hollies

Hi,
I have just joined the forum and just thought I would say Hello, so Hello :)
I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on the following:
I was going through my Smiths & Moz stuff (which I haven't looked at for many years), and came across a couple of 7 Inch Jack The Ripper Promos.
One is just the normal one, fully intact, but the second one has what appears to be a 'shattered/ripped' paper label on the Vinyl's B Side (Sister I'm a Poet).
I have had a look on Google, but can't find anything similar.
I am just interested really to find out if this is a manufacture error, or intentional??

I look forward to any information you could offer.

Thanks
Simon

Attachments

• jack (1).jpg
    jack (1).jpg
    590.1 KB · Views: 0
  • jack (2).jpg
    jack (2).jpg
    896.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thanks very much for the information and link darby1974.
I only read the 7" promo paragraph, but couldn't see any information regarding the torn label.
Am I missing something??
Do you think the torn/shattered label will have a effect on the rarity of the item? (negative or positive)??

Thanks again

Simon

Thanks very much for the information and link darby1974.
I only read the 7" promo paragraph, but couldn't see any information regarding the torn label.
Am I missing something??
Do you think the torn/shattered label will have a effect on the rarity of the item? (negative or positive)??

Thanks again

Simon

Yes, its a massive turn off. Some botch jobs might add a bit of novelty value but deffo not in this case.

Here's another one, so it does happen from time to time...
stab7''.jpg

Thanks for the input and information ordinaryboy86
One would have thought that on production of a 'faulty/substandard' item that they wouldn't see the light of day?
It is quite interesting, and to be honest, I quite like the effect.

Thanks again
Simon

Back
Top Bottom