Jack Kerouac on the cover of "Live in Boston"

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this but partially visible on the box set product overview on Amazon is the cover of the Live in Boston disc which features this photo of Jack Kerouac listening to the radio.

Nice. Now why can't Morrissey follow the same aesthetic with his own solo records?

40861_40859_john-cohen-jack-kerouac-listening-to-himself-on-the-radio-800x800.jpg

40862_8152SSTy9uL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he could put a lot into a second autobiography. The swanned around, tours and ruffled feathers bit was captured in Autobiography part 1.
Or call it a memoir. :rolleyes:
You don't think he's already writing? :D
I do.
Looking forward to it!
:thumb:
Let's hope it's a bit less bulbous this time around. :lbf:

Let's hope it's a bit less bulbous this time around. :lbf:

Well, at a certain age, this type of salutation tends to be less embarrassing as they happen less then remembered. Which could also be an embarrassment, but only to one self. :rolleyes:
But there are individual differences.

I am aware the description itself was seen by many in the English speaking world as embarrassing, or even gross. Or not done.
But I am Dutch. :D
I only wondered about all the fuss, is that all? :thumb:

I am aware the description itself was seen by many in the English speaking world as embarrassing, or even gross. Or not done.
But I am Dutch. :D
I only wondered about all the fuss, is that all? :thumb:

Well that's the answer, isn't it: English-speakers don't know the word "bulbous." They assume it means "like a bulb." Which of course it does.

True, but if you think he's going to let you see how the (vegetarian soy based) sausages are made, then you're more optimistic than I.

didn't know he made his own, interesting ! thanks for the insider info ! ;)

Ginsberg, Cassady, and now Jack ! hopefully this means M will grace us with some of his own brand of hep cat daddy-o beat poetry on the new album!

can you dig it ?

:cool:

Actually, Morrissey could subsist exclusively on Cap'n Crunch for all I know. I don't keep track of his meals apart from knowing he doesn't eat meat. I hope he eats Cap'n Crunch actually. That would be refreshingly down to Earth.
What is cap and crunch?

Ernest Hemingway? Hemingway was an avid fan of bullfighting, and hunting. By Morrissey's standards he's a pedophile, but then again, he seems to have a vague interest in the Beat poets, and Alan Ginsberg.

Shockingly, Alan Ginsberg was a card carrying member of the NAMBLA. The North American Man/Boy Love Association. I know what you're thinking at this point: You're exaggerating. Nope. He stated his support openly more than once.

"Attacks on NAMBLA stink of politics, witchhunting for profit, humorlessness, vanity, anger and ignorance ... I'm a member of NAMBLA because I love boys too -- everybody does, who has a little humanity."

-Alan Ginsberg (NAMBLA Homepage)

Well, the writing and recording of his songs/albums for one thing. There's very little about it in Autobiography. It was a shame because his reissue liner notes were really interesting in that respect.

I have those copied and folded into Autobiography, along with the short interview about Mick Ronson/Your Arsenal that was in Uncut(?).

Well that's the answer, isn't it: English-speakers don't know the word "bulbous." They assume it means "like a bulb." Which of course it does.

Yes, but to which type of bulb does it refer? A tunicate bulb? A light bulb?

Oxford definition:
Fat, round, or bulging.
‘a bulbous nose’

The live record should have been a double album, it is only 53 minutes long when the original gig was much longer. I know the encores were probably not officially recorded but even so there are many tracks left that should have made it onto the record, at least enough to fill up the 73' of a CD. It would have been far more interesting than that stupid DVD which is a total ripoff.
As for the artwork, I hate bands who appear on the cover of their records, that's why Smiths albums look so great and Morrissey's look, for the most part, so crap.

The live record should have been a double album, it is only 53 minutes long when the original gig was much longer. I know the encores were probably not officially recorded but even so there are many tracks left that should have made it onto the record, at least enough to fill up the 73' of a CD. It would have been far more interesting than that stupid DVD which is a total ripoff.
As for the artwork, I hate bands who appear on the cover of their records, that's why Smiths albums look so great and Morrissey's look, for the most part, so crap.

Yeah, I hate when live albums are snipped.

The entire thing is:

How Soon Is Now?
Hand in Glove
I Want the One I Can't Have
Still Ill
Frankly, Mr. Shankly
Panic
Never Had No One Ever
Stretch Out and Wait
The Boy With the Thorn in His Side
Cemetry Gates
What She Said (with Rubber Ring intro and outro)
Is It Really So Strange?
There Is a Light That Never Goes Out
That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore
The Queen Is Dead

Encore:
Money Changes Everything
I Know It's Over

Encore 2:
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now

Encore 3:
Bigmouth Strikes Again

Can I be pedantic and say the gig wasn't in Boston, but Mansfield, Massachusetts, 40 miles from Boston

Yes, but to which type of bulb does it refer? A tunicate bulb? A light bulb?

Oxford definition:
Fat, round, or bulging.
‘a bulbous nose

is that a nose in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me ?

Tags
tqid reissue

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom