"@itsmorrissey" on Twitter is NOT Morrissey- TTY Statement

Re: TTY Statement - "Itsmorrissey" on Twitter is NOT Morrissey

How could Morrissey be completely unaware that his record company has been tweeting on his behalf? Someone f***ed up. Makes me wonder to what extent he's actually been involved with this recent string of promotional ventures...

Just change the Twitter handle to @itsNOTmorrissey. Problem solved.

Personally I think Morrissey knows all about it. First couple of tweets are by him, then he changes his mind, let's the record company goons take it over, and denied it was ever him in the first place.
He keeps his credibility intact, and generates a load of publicity regarding the new album/tour.
Same with the official Facebook page. It's run for him, with his approval - but he keeps it at arms length to deny any responsibility.

I'm inclined to agree with your take on the situation, although I'm not certain that any of the tweets are actually Morrissey. This is a man who is admittedly not social, so this type of frivolous interaction just doesn't seem like something he would do. It probably was a misunderstanding, as in he was told that he would be getting the account to help with publicity and promotion, but assumed that he would not have to be personally involved. Once 'they', whoever that may be, specifically announced that he was personally writing the messages, then possibly Morrissey felt that he should clarify. I certainly wouldn't want someone speaking for me in that type of medium. As always, we'll probably never know all of the facts. I don't have a facebook or Twitter account, so I don't really care; however, if it is the record company, I hope this doesn't cause any serious friction. Maybe M should have been more cryptic ( I am not responsible, but let me check with the cat; he's quite gregarious); he could have found a way to deny composing the messages while still leaving a bit of uncertainty so that there would be continued interest from the public. Again, I don't really understand the insatiable obsession with facebook, Twitter, etc., but I just don't want to see any drama or negativity creep into this tour.

lynnda

You'll know its Morrissey if he talks in tiresome depth about that f***ing court case...

I haven't either, actually. I'm sure they exist. If they are reading this pardon my attempt at hilarity.

The only thing more hilarious than your joke is you assuming they can read English...

Hooray, another twitter account that isn't Morrissey. How many are we up to now?

The only thing more hilarious than your joke is you assuming they can read English...

Not all Mexicans are field workers and busboys. Nouveau riche America would be hard-pressed to find entitled white boys to perform those tough jobs.

They be all "Shut yo mouth puuuuta, Joseph Smeeeeeth be my homie, biaaaatch."

It's okay to be a racist because "it's the internet," right?

Mods and David, there is an IAMS ad here on the "SOLVEmedia." Not sure if that can be fixed but just letting you know.

That is not racism.

Most Mormons in Utah are white. Maybe it was classist or anti-Mormon but not racist. Or maybe it was just funny?!

Mods and David, there is an IAMS ad here on the "SOLVEmedia." Not sure if that can be fixed but just letting you know.

Maybe sign up for an account so your gentle eyes won't have to be bothered by a dog food ad when you type in your captcha code? Or better yet maybe not live a life looking for stupid tiny things to be offended by.

As of this moment the Twitter account is coming up for 250k followers. In a week or two, what? 1 million? More?

It's kinda depressing that Morrissey's reaction to so many people wanting to hear from him is to issue a denial through a primitive fan site hardly anyone looks at.

Maybe sign up for an account so your gentle eyes won't have to be bothered by a dog food ad when you type in your captcha code? Or better yet maybe not live a life looking for stupid tiny things to be offended by.

:clap:

I'm so glad Morrissey doesn't have a twitter account. I was so disappointed when I heard about it and it just didn't seem like him at all.

That is not racism.

Most Mormons in Utah are white. Maybe it was classist or anti-Mormon but not racist. Or maybe it was just funny?!

wtf are you talking about? There is nothing classist, nothing anti-Mormon, but it makes fun of the way some Spanish speakers pronounce English words, and you've made racist comments yourself. The difference between you and her is very slight and that's why you hate each other. You see yourselves in each other. Here's what she said. Maybe you should keep your pledge to ignore Anonymous especially when it's not directed at you.

They be all "Shut yo mouth puuuuta, Joseph Smeeeeeth be my homie, biaaaatch."

Humorless jokes in phony accents, whether typed or spoken, are racist. They always have been, even since before Speedy Gonzales, and they will continue to be after we're all dead. The worst thing in the world was when all the racists figured out that it's not good to be racist, and "I'm not racist, but..." became a thing.

It wasn't about me being offended. That particular brand is one Morrissey has specifically asked people not to purchase so I was bringing it to the attention of David. It had nothing to do with you.

You're racist, homophobic, and you're a liar. I don't care what you think.

Humorless jokes in phony accents, whether typed or spoken, are racist. They always have been, even since before Speedy Gonzales, and they will continue to be after we're all dead. The worst thing in the world was when all the racists figured out that it's not good to be racist, and "I'm not racist, but..." became a thing.

fry.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

It wasn't about me being offended. That particular brand is one Morrissey has specifically asked people not to purchase so I was bringing it to the attention of David. It had nothing to do with you.

You're racist, homophobic, and you're a liar. I don't care what you think.

Homophobic? That's a new one. :D

There's a whole thread about it, actually. Your amnesia is amazing.

(different anonymous, here!)

Well to set the record straight, I am not homophobic. Quite the opposite.

And to the genius anon who suggested I'm homophobic for using the word "cocksucker," girls suck cock too. That says more about YOUR homophobia than anything.

Last edited:

fry.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Homophobic? That's a new one. :D

And again you miss the mark. Didn't say I was offended. Didn't mention my feelings at all. Simply stated a fact. Going to post another meme image? Go on, post another one. Comb imgur for the best one. We can wait.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom