It's so hot I'm melting

I guess you'll have to bring in the vodka then! But be warned, the alcohol doesn't freeze out. I made ice cream with ouzo once; I can tell you it was awful but at least we giggled all afternoon.

I have no preferred brand of coconut milk, I just buy whatever kokosmjölk is available, preferably organic. Have you tried coconut cream? It's like coconut milk but fatter and creamier. Your breakfast sounds delicious BTW. Would you mind sharing the recipe?
It's just milk kefir, made with kefir grains but fermented with coconut milk instead of dairy. But the one I use is super-thick, and sets in the fridge to a consistency not unlike ice cream - ridiculously thick - maybe this is similar to what you know as coconut cream, as I can't imagine anything thicker and creamier!

1. Put the grains in a medium sized jar and punch a few holes in the lid.
2. Add your coconut milk (I use approx 300ml), give a little stir and leave to ferment on the kitchen bench for around 24 hours. In very hot weather, the fermenting process may be quicker - you can slow it down if need be by putting it in the fridge.
3. Sieve into a bowl to remove the grains. The fermented kefir is now ready (but you may prefer to chill it before consuming). You can add nuts, seeds, fruit, whatever you like, or just have it 'straight'.
4. Rinse the jar, put the grains back in it, add fresh coconut milk and start again.

I will post with pics on cooking thread when I get some time tomorrow!

I guess you'll have to bring in the vodka then! But be warned, the alcohol doesn't freeze out. I made ice cream with ouzo once; I can tell you it was awful but at least we giggled all afternoon.

I have no preferred brand of coconut milk, I just buy whatever kokosmjölk is available, preferably organic. Have you tried coconut cream? It's like coconut milk but fatter and creamier. Your breakfast sounds delicious BTW. Would you mind sharing the recipe?

Well done, Ugly Devil for troll-rating my posts in this thread. Keep up the good work! Only 2 345 posts to go!

#metoo

Apparent temperature 5 pm 40 degrees celsius. It would be great if surfing the internet cooled the room. Been like that for days and days, I give up the fight. The heat is...

:sweatsmile:-:sweatsmile:-:sweatsmile:

...On.

Back
Top Bottom