It's so hot I'm melting

have a few days off but get up early as the roofers (manfred and his men) start working outside my window at around 6:30. it's quite pleasant till 9 or 10 o'clock. made it a routine to watch breakfast tv to get something back for the appr. 200 € tax money i pay each year for the public-service broadcasters. they had a woman from the german environmental organization BUND in their studio talking about the massive dying of fish in germany's rivers and lakes. the numbers of dead fish are measured in "tonnes", just like the numbers of victims during ww2 are measured in 'millions', i thought. somewhere i read that this way of putting numbers on casualties and victims is a means to distract from the true horror and not having to deal with the outcome of disasters. it's an economical way of dealing with (irreversible) destruction.
what gave me the goosebumps was that the environmentalist was interrupted immediately after she had used just once the word "klimawandel". the moderator finished the interview saying that it is of utmost importance to remain light at heart and not drag oneself and others down when struggling with and fighting the effects of the heat wave. i think the last time the germans were told that was during the final phase of the second world war
what's klimawandel? climate change?

Also I recommend the hybrid. I bought a Buick LaCrosse hybrid and felt the difference in just the gas mileage alone was worth it. Along with, of course, the thrown in self satisfied smugness that comes with the knowledge that you’re saving the world every time you drive to the liquor store
Although to be fair you are not and never can compensate in any way for the effect on the climate unless you opted to not have kids which is the only real way of saving the world.
Not that the climate change is in any way real and we are just seeing natural fluctuations but those cars and planes and everything else in the 1800's creating the same heat wave were a huge problem.

LOL

it is. and people just try to adjust to the new circumstances to lead their lives as normal, which wont be possible in the long run.
You're the most pretentious idiot I have ever come across and that is saying something and you snowflakers just have this dream of yours that the way people live will somehow kill the environment instead of facing facts that this has happened a long time ago.
How do you think all those swedes ended up in America?
Thing is, you and your snowflake pals all added to the pollution too and never did a thing to reduce it unless you count things like wearing shit clothes you swapped with other snowflakes.
You have no answers at all and even when it comes to movies you only choose the arty ones to come across as well read and brainy when you are anything but.
Your family murdered millions and millions of people and I suggest just shutting up for the rest of your life could be a small way of saying sorry for what happened.
At least consider it for the sake of us all!

Is that Latin for Winter is around the corner :lbf::lbf::(
We do have autumns here still despite summers getting longer and spring and autumn are shorter these days but some years they are the way they used to be.
Where I live the winter doesn't come as fast as you might think and they are not always as cold as people abroad might think they are.
So no, autumn is approaching and winter will arrive sometime in December or maybe a bit earlier toward the end of November.
Cannot wait!

I wanna say sorry about that post and I wasn't being serious but sometimes I just post shit to be all provocative.
I even like you fellow swede.

SORRY!
It’s gonna take a lot more than just a brief moment of repentance. Commence extended groveling and I’ll consider accepting your apology.

As a start....
Oh damn!

Well, I'll try my best.

You are the sweetest sweetiepie of all time. When you walk outside the flowers gently lean in your direction as if to nod at one of God's true creations. The air filled with scent of a sweet and fresh bouquet that is you.

Oh damn!

Well, I'll try my best.

You are the sweetest sweetiepie of all time. When you walk outside the flowers gently lean in your direction as if to nod at one of God's true creations. The air filled with scent of a sweet and fresh bouquet that is you.
Hmmmmm........and?

It was you who I was talking about. So far from the aristocrats in Argentina sitting in the shade with sunscreen on.
White trash people in the desert is so LOL.

Aristocrats in Argentina (if there are any) are enjoying 9° C, I'm worried by poor people who have to pay very expensive electrity and gas bills to get warm. And mainly for people who live in the streets.

Aristocrats in Argentina (if there are any) are enjoying 9° C, I'm worried by poor people who have to pay very expensive electrity and gas bills to get warm. And mainly for people who live in the streets.
NOW they are, yes, but just you wait. They wave at you in the plantation from afar like their parents did with your folks before them.
Tradition always did bring such a nice taste.

Hmmmmm........and?
If the world did not have you what would we do
what would we do
we would cry and kill ourselves
if not for you
if not for you

The sun would not shine
the kids would not be playing
we would drag our feet along
waiting for the one
that one is you
the reason why we all live

Local waters not fit to go for a swim in cause of bacteria from heat and those canada geese.

Rifke!

Just 18 degrees Celsius today and no sun and cool winds after rain and thunder earlier. Really nice day today before I head off abroad.

Just 18 degrees Celsius today and no sun and cool winds after rain and thunder earlier. Really nice day today before I head off abroad.
Safe and happy travels Urbs. I’m off to Ireland soon, I hope it rains every day! I also hope I never return lol.

Safe and happy travels Urbs. I’m off to Ireland soon, I hope it rains every day! I also hope I never return lol.
You're the one from teh Bluerose chat always going on about trips to Ireland and wasn't that just another of your mind creations, Simon?
Thanks anyway!

Back
Top Bottom