"It's Over" (Roy Orbison cover) posted on Spotify; "California Son" sleeve revealed

Region restricted currently, the "California Son" sleeve is revealed in the song link.

46337_california_son_sleeve.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I assumed that the graphics were kind of a play on the old Sun Records logo. California Son/Sun geddit?

I could be wrong though.

61M99MA9EAL.jpg

morrissey-california-son.jpg

You are wrong. The "son" part of it is implying that he is California's son. A homage to his home state and sending subliminal signals that he wasn't born in a foreign country in Mankchaster, but not really admitting it because he still needs the mporium uk and a Brittin tour again. None of the musicians on the album are from the Sun Studios era.

You are wrong. The "son" part of it is implying that he is California's son. A homage to his home state and sending subliminal signals that he wasn't born in a foreign country in Mankchaster, but not really admitting it because he still needs the mporium uk and a Brittin tour again. None of the musicians on the album are from the Sun Studios era.

Ahhhh darn, and here was I thinking he'd got some of Elvis' original band to play on the album :-(

His voice, just like on his UK tour last February sounds superb but I reckon this may the beginning of the end, is there a subliminal message in the title?

Love the synths in the production, personally - but his voice sounds so thin when it hits the high notes; a precedent for cheating on the final note, where he can't get to where Roy goes so fluidly... Interesting though :)

That said, what the f*** is that cover art? Who let Sam out?

poor :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:
releasing that sucko AGROPHOBIA song only to have
MOZ smoke him with CALIFORNIA SON!!
:bow:

the COMET let DramaJ down.

F U COMET:swear:swear

Would you please be so nice and explain this to me?

I always have a big laugh when reading your posts. And that’s something very hard to archive. Making a Nazi laugh. ;-)

I assumed that the graphics were kind of a play on the old Sun Records logo. California Son/Sun geddit?

I could be wrong though.

61M99MA9EAL.jpg

morrissey-california-son.jpg
You're probably right.
Possibly the yellow and brown of the original Sun records are represented in the choice of colours for the graphics. The yellow in particular is an odd choice being hard to read against the light background.

Just a wonderful single, in my opinion. Gorgeous singing. LP's backing vocals are angelic and fit perfectly with Morrissey's voice, which, let's face it, is the gift that keeps on giving and only gets better with age.

It does make me hope "It Happens Every Time" sees the light of day as a b-side.

A little speculation: "Blue Dreamers Eyes" is going to see an official release at some point in the

“It happens every time”? Never heard of that one

I was expecting to hear LP's voice more on this one (as she covered the song brilliantly herself), but it sounds fresh and crisp. His voice is still strong and flexible, so this is probably perfect timing to pay a dignified tribute to his musical heroes.

His voice, just like on his UK tour last February sounds superb but I reckon this may the beginning of the end, is there a subliminal message in the title?

When Morrissey performed "I know it's over" in 2011, I heard similar comments. If that (2011) was the beginning, then this must be the middle of the end, no?

Right,
I'm not a fan of bickering.
People can be forgiven for not getting to grips with Japanese Youtube...
I have managed this on a train just using Android - which isn't easy.
I will re-encode it if it sounds different on my PC, but it should be fine.

Updated: with store-bought full quality version.
Hope it placates everyone.
Regards,
FWD.

It's Over - MP3:
Studio version 320kbps MP3:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/rykwnm

Thanks my man

Love all the people who throw a hissy fit right now because all these "respectable artists" worked with someone like Morrissey :lbf:

Interesting thought. Puts me in mind of those extraordinary covers albums Johnny Cash did before he popped off. I know you didn't mean he was dying (at least I think), but still.

there have been 'subliminal' messages since 1983.

í think he is still clinging...

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom