"It's Over" (Roy Orbison cover) posted on Spotify; "California Son" sleeve revealed

Region restricted currently, the "California Son" sleeve is revealed in the song link.

46337_california_son_sleeve.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
AMAZING TRACK!!!!:rock::thumb::rock:

what SUPERB SINGING!;)
and GREAT PRODUCTION!!!

saved from the sucky catastrophic comet music thank you MOZ:thumb:

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Loved the song!!!

I am not really in love with the album cover design... But maybe he is taking a funny direction for some things. .

Wow. Deep down, I've always known that Morrissey's humour was a lot closer to Ketamine Sun's that to mine, but to think he was aiming at "amusing" with this picture is seriously shocking...

(Btw Ketamine Sun, I've got a message from Canadian Jesus for ya.

" Ketamine Sun! My precious sanctimonious holier-than-thou sunbeam! Waste not thy time rating ungodly people who think you're so boring they wouldn't turn up at your crucifixion! Pay no attention to them, like they pay no attention to you whatsoever, unless it's to deliver an urgent message from Me! Because you are My exclusive representative on Earth and in Sololand. Come now, be a graceful servant of Me, My sweet child! Cast not the first stone! Oh and stop making people think Patti Smith is a stupid pain in the arse, if that's really your avatar. There are tons of lovely pics of Me out there to choose from.")

The mariachi pic, on the other hand, now that made me smile a bit.

Thank you Morrissey, thank you Roy, thank you LP, thank you FWD.
Beautiful song.
Totally agree, what a stunning piece of music, vocals are perfect, backing vocals are complementary. To try and better a Orbison cover by any artist is a huge gamble, well done to all concerned. This song would bring tears to a glass eye

Here is the store-bought 320kbps MP3 from Google Play.
Critique that all you want.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/rykwnm

The album is now listed on Google Music and It's Over can be purchased there too:

View attachment 47843

Regards,
FWD.

THANK YOU :thumb:

Perfect, strange hearing him sing this, not strange he would choose this song though, impressive delivery. I wish there was more acoustic elements in the song, a little too modern, I guess that’s want he wanted so. Lovely, but I could have done without the munchkin warbling at the end. :lbf:

Can’t wait to hear the whole album !

there'll be a signed/limited edition/pink vinyl bundle lurking somewhere....

Song does not disappoint, and I see the graphic tees I mentioned are up for sale at the mporium :thumb:

Just listen

Dear Celib,
:ha-no:. Nah nah.

Don't know any of the songs, don't know any of the guests, (although I've heard of Green Day I can't name one of their tunes), the idea of the usual collaborators sounds :sleeping: so I have zero interest, and I don't like covers to start with, so make that subzero.
I'll just check on Morrissey again later, when he has another original album out.

...Mostly to see if there's a song called "Your Mandarin mandarins", though. :straightface:

Gently closing the barn door....

Just a wonderful single, in my opinion. Gorgeous singing. LP's backing vocals are angelic and fit perfectly with Morrissey's voice, which, let's face it, is the gift that keeps on giving and only gets better with age.

It does make me hope "It Happens Every Time" sees the light of day as a b-side.

A little speculation: "Blue Dreamers Eyes" is going to see an official release at some point in the future. If the artwork for the Canadian tour was a clue to the cover for California Son, then the pre-sale code (DREAMERS) likely has meaning as well.

Whether that's true or not, I'm looking forward to the rest of California Son.

I quite like the 'Cillit Bang Jesus' effect but the typography is awful. No professional designer worth their stripes would use a font colour that couldn't be read against the background.

It's shocking. It's a Microsoft Paint job, and just further illustrates how much Moz has lost his marbles. He was famed for his good taste and iconic sleeves, especially in the Smiths. His mind is now distorted, he no longer knows what looks good, or sounds good. Imagine the Suedehead LP, or Vauxhall, with that stupid gimmicky Cillit Bang effect. It's like a joke sleeve, he must be taking the piss.

Here's some of his best album sleeves imo..

mozlps.jpg

Sounds pretty good to me. I’m not sure why there are 8 pages bitching about the cover art though...

It's shocking. It's a Microsoft Paint job, and just further illustrates how much Moz has lost his marbles. He was famed for his good taste and iconic sleeves, especially in the Smiths. His mind is now distorted, he no longer knows what looks good, or sounds good. Imagine the Suedehead LP, or Vauxhall, with that stupid gimmicky Cillit Bang effect. It's like a joke sleeve, he must be taking the piss.

Here's some of his best album sleeves imo..

View attachment 47849
Yes, you are preaching to the converted, ordinaryboy. I think I was just more relieved that it wasn't as bad as the bizarre dog's breakfast that was LIHS. I would add to your list, by the way, Viva Hate, Years of Refusal and Southpaw Grammar (both original and remastered versions).

Comments Roy Orbison’s son, Roy Jnr:
“We love Morrissey! Morrissey’s hair, and melancholy and poetic lyrics always reminded me of my Dad. His version of “
It’s Over” is great.”

What a compliment.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom