"It's Over" (Roy Orbison cover) posted on Spotify; "California Son" sleeve revealed

Region restricted currently, the "California Son" sleeve is revealed in the song link.

46337_california_son_sleeve.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
í haven't listened to the song yet, principally because í am clearly not worthy of Spotify's crumbs, but also because a pleasure delayed is always a pleasure doubled... :yum:

But in terms of the really important stuff ~ the cover artwork, the Hobeaux Semibold font always gives me a warm and fuzzy.

The original variant was used most famously in 1969 on "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid", and lovingly revived for Redford's swansong movie "The Old Man and the Gun" last year. The Byrds and others used it on some sleeves in the 60s. So, it fits well and cute with the whole retro Americana of the project.

The gold & yellow of the two text colours contrast nicely, but pretty poorly with the 'Gay Christ..?' background.

The Michael Muller ten year old head shot is a stark and strong choice, but it would have been nice to see something a little less familiar.

í am sure it will look lovely on a glossy big 12 inch.

But, obviously, now, thanks to this thread, í won't be able to look at it without thinking ~ "BANG! And the dirt is gone..." :squiffy:

Still on for a 60th birthday/album release celebration gig in Manchester then?

Fek'll blood I reckon why would he release a self titled album called California Son and then play a gig in a foreign country in Mankchaster on his birthday? Reckon you lots really are delusional inn nn nnnn nnn n dint n n n it.

Last edited:
Amazing that a bunch of dedicated keyboard warriors can’t figure out a VPN.

Amazing that a bunch of dedicated keyboard warriors can’t figure out a VPN.
Behaves like a keyboard warrior to complain about keyboard warriors...
Genius material right there.
The 'tube video has been removed across the board. Vpns don't fix that dimwit.
Howz about you share it if it's that simple. Oops, 4got, you're busy typing bollox on here rather than being of any use to people.

I have been very complimentary about Joe Chiccarelli's on the previous two albums as well as the musical direction the band has taken but for me it is the production and band that let this down. It sounds a little reedy and thin whereas Moz's voice sounds soaring and strong. I like it a lot, he is smart enough to know you can't out-Orbison Roy Orbison so rather than trying to, he takes it in his own Mozjestic direction. I just wish the music was a little more lush in support of it.

Could be a potential single though.

Heard a snippet for the new Moz album.
Seen a snippet trailer for The Irishman.
Heck of a day!
There's some good ones on the way!

Howz about you share it if it's that simple. Oops, 4got, you're busy typing bollox on here rather than being of any use to people.

Nope, it's still on Youtube depending on your location.

I’d be happy to share my download with you, if you weren’t such a lippy little c***.

I have been very complimentary about Joe Chiccarelli's on the previous two albums as well as the musical direction the band has taken but for me it is the production and band that let this down. It sounds a little reedy and thin whereas Moz's voice sounds soaring and strong. I like it a lot, he is smart enough to know you can't out-Orbison Roy Orbison so rather than trying to, he takes it in his own Mozjestic direction. I just wish the music was a little more lush in support of it.

Could be a potential single though.

Interesting comments. I agree that Morrissey sounds great and he really pushes himself here. I also enjoy the guest vocals too.

The production is pretty good imo and I like one or two of the touches that Joe Chiccarelli has added to it.

I wasn't expecting anything earth-shattering in terms of production or arrangements for this album though, so if Morrissey's voice sounds as good as this throughout then I will be satisfied.

Interesting comments. I agree that Morrissey sounds great and he really pushes himself here. I also enjoy the guest vocals too.

The production is pretty good imo and I like one or two of the touches that Joe Chiccarelli has added to it.

I wasn't expecting anything earth-shattering in terms of production or arrangements for this album though, so if Morrissey's voice sounds as good as this throughout then I will be satisfied.
Don't get me wrong, I like it, for me it's like a B+ but coulda been an A+ if the production matched the vocal.

ABSOLUTE TRUTH! ...for the cover, entire album and tour!!!! Definitely a cut, well-above grandpa Steve’s half-assed pension top-up efforts!

:straightface:

dont get that excited, in real life he looks like a wigged prune.:lbf:

Spoken like a proper ignorant sack of shit.

There’s no use in attempting to help the useless.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom