"It's Over" (Roy Orbison cover) posted on Spotify; "California Son" sleeve revealed

Region restricted currently, the "California Son" sleeve is revealed in the song link.

46337_california_son_sleeve.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
now do a cover of Roy Orbison - Crying, suits Morrissey s vocals well!!

I have to agree with you. Although his newer albums do seem to include songs not up to par than work from say the 90s, Morrissey's voice is not lacking at all. I've gone through all the original source material for this covers LP and they're all right in the pocket for Morrissey. I'm excited for this LP.

The recent music has been among his most melodic, imaginative and diverse since the early 90s - it's the lyrics that have been absolutely bloody awful. Luckily, he hasn't written a single lyric on the new album. Ergo, it might actually be pretty good...

glad the face is back on the cover
I suppose the tour poster was a giveaway...
yellow/pink isn't the best contrast

who is ultimate music?

It's a shame the Roy Orbison cover sounds so.......pleasant and forgettable. Completely lacking the emotion of the original. The bang average production doesn't help either.

no one allowed to pay tribute to the dude with glasses?
Certainly not Moorrissey. Farthest one could possibly get from being a Wilbury.

...and your question should be makes as “redundant” because you should know better than to ask.

Roy Orbison was a bad-ass force of nature.
Morrissey is a gut-less, lily-dipping f***ing clown.

I’m disappointed.

This album was supposed to include his version of “Going to the Garden to Eat Worms” but the band couldn’t figure out the tune.

The recent music has been among his most melodic, imaginative and diverse since the early 90s - it's the lyrics that have been absolutely bloody awful. Luckily, he hasn't written a single lyric on the new album. Ergo, it might actually be pretty good...
...not unless he found some competent musicians that are willing to play with him.

It's a shame the Roy Orbison cover sounds so.......pleasant and forgettable. Completely lacking the emotion of the original. The bang average production doesn't help either.

Complaining about the bang average production?
That's bang out of order.

Region restricted currently, the "California Son" sleeve is revealed in the song link.

46337_california_son_sleeve.jpg

It's reminiscent of 70s album covers, even the font. It certainly brings out the blue in his eyes. The snippet of the song sounds fantastic and really suits his voice, it sounds better than Roy Orbison s original.
I'm actually really looking forward to this album now.

Have you heard the whole thing, Stephen? The snippet I heard sounded good vocally, but it wasn't enough to judge. I do find his covers a bit lacking generally - he seems to put very little effort into them - but I was keeping an open mind on this album.

It's reminiscent of 70s album covers, even the font. It certainly brings out the blue in his eyes. The snippet of the song sounds fantastic and really suits his voice, it sounds better than Roy Orbison s original.
I'm actually really looking forward to this album now.
No point talking to ^THIS^ clown about music.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom