"It's Over" - physical release & cover art - Morrissey Central (26 Feb, 2019)

46372_46365_Over_x9rgtl.png

'IT'S OVER' 45/SINGLE (Physical)

"B-side is Brow Of My Beloved.
Please watch usual outlets for availability.
BMG/etienne LABEL."

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/it-s-over

The post also shares a fan made video:

'IT'S OVER' VIDEO, MADE BY ALEXANDMIRA

Last edited by a moderator:
Skinny,how about making an official sock puppet troll with the name "NameDroppingSockPuppetTwat"o_O

Put the troll idiot on ignore, there’s only Ketamine (his partner) who responds to the trolls posts and it looks like a number of members have put her on ignore as well, which is a shame as she used to be well respected before she got into bed with the site troll.

Not sure what Uncleskinny gets out of being on this site but the worst troll I've seen is "rifke" who literally posted "haha, good, I'm glad they're dead" when the story about children being blown up at the Manchester bombing arose!

"She" was alright before that, "She" being Sami Pinarbasi...

Back in the 90's, my aunt, who is now deceased, came into our house and stood at the bottom of the stairs listening to the record I was playing from upstairs. I came down and she said "that music is just beautiful". It was the end of Please Please Please that she had heard. I always remember that whenever I listen to it. Music is magic and we are just fairy dust on the wind.
My father always took an interest in all kinds of music, and he would always listen to my latest purchase, he asked me this one day , as I came home and hovered over the CD player, what you got there son, I beamed hatful of hollow, I will never forget his reaction as the first few bars of William flooded the living room, he looked at me, screwed up his face then said “ nah not for me” then fled the room.

Put the troll idiot on ignore, there’s only Ketamine (his partner) who responds to the trolls posts and it looks like a number of members have put her on ignore as well, which is a shame as she used to be well respected before she got into bed with the site troll.

Your hometown put you on ignore.
Indeed.

Not sure what Uncleskinny gets out of being on this site but the worst troll I've seen is "rifke" who literally posted "haha, good, I'm glad they're dead" when the story about children being blown up at the Manchester bombing arose!

"She" was alright before that, "She" being Sami Pinarbasi...

I never saw that post but had heard about it.

I never saw that post but had heard about it.
You just replied to Paul Drake, who used to call himself "Freeyourself", who threatened people, taunted folk over the the death of siblings, phoned people up at work to get them sacked, amongst other delightful acts. For some reason he keeps mentioning this Sami. What an odd cove.

You just replied to Paul Drake, who used to call himself "Freeyourself", who threatened people, taunted folk over the the death of siblings, phoned people up at work to get them sacked, amongst other delightful acts. For some reason he keeps mentioning this Sami. What an odd cove.

Ah ok didn’t realise that, makes dicks like vegan seem rather normal.

I listened to the 'It's Over' cover. It isn't bad - just unmemorable, if the truth is told. Moz has done far better covers than this over the years. Not this one, sadly. I can't say I'm waiting with bated breath for May 24th to pass, to be frank. 'The Fader' article is honest and right on the mark - those collaborating on this album have far more to lose than Morrissey has, right now.
It'll be interesting to see how their respective fan-bases respond to this in the long-term. His sucking up to far-right hate-mongers has indelibly tarnished his - and The Smiths legacy. Say all you want - nobody cares what you think. Plenty of us have moved on to other things that suit us more than fine.
And as for the sleeve? Please! Steven must be taking on bored kids on a work placement from the local comprehensive school to make such a totally uninspired image.

Obviously all the people collaborating on this album, (non of them "far right" to my knowledge), did so because they have no problem with Morrissey and can separate fact from fiction.
The Fader article is the usual lazy out of context quotes, strung together for people who are too lazy to think for themselves.
The sleeve, I will grant you, isn't great
but his voice on that cover is phenomenal. Only an outright begrudge would find fault with it.

The version for the cover completely changes the connotations with Mitchum appearing to be admiring his nether regions. Ah well, I guess it's better than admiring neither-regions.
Just like Joe Dallesandro on The Smiths cover!

The difference is pre Low In High School covers were designed by a professional designer or design dept. These are not. Some people do not care, but having grown up with The Smiths and Morrissey (solo) and having loved the cover art nearly as much as the music, I do. It doesn't help that I'm also a Graphic Designer, so can spot a non-trained person (can't really call him / her a designer) from a mile off. Poor text placement, lazy stock photos, a pre-occupation for centering text and then shoving it over faces, poor Photoshopping (see the T-Shirt on the new album cover) the list goes on...

I actually think the It's Over cover is a piss take. I can't believe he's going to put this cover out. Great single though (so it's not all bad).
why don't you knock one up and let us see how it should be done.

I am also surprised that Moz would want to endorse horse exploitation. Albert Finney too was a horse exploiter and Moz may have called him out for that in his tribute.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/albert-finney-loved-horses-and-racing-and-was-a-bundle-of-fun/365678

I don't mind the random use of old film stills - there's a wealth of great stuff out there to choose and hopefully, what does get used has some meaning to him that he's trying to convey to us.
The fonts & positioning of said though are just poor.

What's looking to be a record store day (maybe) exclusive is done far more tastefully even if the cover star does little for anyone:

View attachment 47868

Besides the Smiths covers which were labours of love - I enjoyed the Attack iconography and fonts probably more than anything recently.
I think Robert Mitchum deserves a bit more effort (the '45' in the corner is starting to annoy me!), but who are we to quibble?
To be kind: it's 'different'.
To be honest: it's not the best effort.
Regards,
FWD.

(I'm surprised PETA aren't chasing him for depicting horse cruelty by way of a movie about rodeos).

:crazy:

the name dropping sock puppet replied to the dude from Perry Mason?
WTF?:lbf:

you have your marching orders NDSP not to respond to Perry Mason assistant
anymore.o_O

Having knocked up an alternative sleeve for Cali son.....which took me 5 minutes to complete........don't think I will apply to moz for the job of sleeve designer.

Anyway Sam is doing a great job with the sleeves....cough cough.

Having knocked up an alternative sleeve for Cali son.....which took me 5 minutes to complete........don't think I will apply to moz for the job of sleeve designer.

Anyway Sam is doing a great job with the sleeves....cough cough.
I think young sam does a great job, I was at the Newcastle concert last February and they changed our seats at the last moment so we really couldn’t see much, only when moz came to the front of the stage, if you watch the full concert on you tube I’m sure it was Sam that was doing the camera work, simply stunning work as he didn’t try to be clever by do every angle possible, just kept his focus on moz and the band. Job well done lad

Dunno if anyone’s shared this yet on here, If they have, just ignore this. This is Sams effort, a damn sight better than the one we’re getting.

1C159928-B175-4CB9-94DD-461BDAF793B3.jpeg

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom