"It's Over" - physical release & cover art - Morrissey Central (26 Feb, 2019)

46372_46365_Over_x9rgtl.png

'IT'S OVER' 45/SINGLE (Physical)

"B-side is Brow Of My Beloved.
Please watch usual outlets for availability.
BMG/etienne LABEL."

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/it-s-over

The post also shares a fan made video:

'IT'S OVER' VIDEO, MADE BY ALEXANDMIRA

Last edited by a moderator:
Hardly a mention of how great his voice is. Really looking forward to this release.

Last edited:
Because it's shit, Gordy, and people care about these things. It seems evident that he's no longer using professional, skilled people and the results speak for themselves. Which is very sad, when like you say, there is a long heritage of great cover artwork.

I don' care what you think.
Song is beautiful.
Cover is great.
Well done Morrissey. Again.

Hardly a mention of how great is voice is. Really looking forward to this release.
My thoughts to, I get really excited with a new moz single is due out. Then I remember that great artists don’t make the charts no more I think the album will go top 3

View attachment 47863

Cover star is obviously Robert Mitchum and is cited as 'stock':
1952, Film Title: Lusty Men,
Director: Nicholas Ray,
Studio: RKO,
Pictured: Bucking horse, Robert Mitchum.
(Credit Image: Snap/Zumapress.com)

Regards,
FWD.
The version for the cover completely changes the connotations with Mitchum appearing to be admiring his nether regions. Ah well, I guess it's better than admiring neither-regions.

My thoughts to, I get really excited with a new moz single is due out. Then I remember that great artists don’t make the charts no more I think the album will go top 3
Leave the charts to people like Moley Cyprus and her stupid video showing kids at the firing range.

Leave the charts to people like Moley Cyprus and her stupid video showing kids at the firing range.
Exactly.. my 9 year old knows all the chart stuff now. Now I know how my parents felt when I was listening to still I’ll and them shouting up the stairs “ turn that shite down” age is a funny thing.

Exactly.. my 9 year old knows all the chart stuff now. Now I know how my parents felt when I was listening to still I’ll and them shouting up the stairs “ turn that shite down” age is a funny thing.
Back in the 90's, my aunt, who is now deceased, came into our house and stood at the bottom of the stairs listening to the record I was playing from upstairs. I came down and she said "that music is just beautiful". It was the end of Please Please Please that she had heard. I always remember that whenever I listen to it. Music is magic and we are just fairy dust on the wind.

Last edited:
I listened to the 'It's Over' cover. It isn't bad - just unmemorable, if the truth is told. Moz has done far better covers than this over the years. Not this one, sadly. I can't say I'm waiting with bated breath for May 24th to pass, to be frank. 'The Fader' article is honest and right on the mark - those collaborating on this album have far more to lose than Morrissey has, right now.
It'll be interesting to see how their respective fan-bases respond to this in the long-term. His sucking up to far-right hate-mongers has indelibly tarnished his - and The Smiths legacy. Say all you want - nobody cares what you think. Plenty of us have moved on to other things that suit us more than fine.
And as for the sleeve? Please! Steven must be taking on bored kids on a work placement from the local comprehensive school to make such a totally uninspired image.

WTF?:rolleyes:

'pandaproducts' and 'hotplatters'??? what kind of mediocre sock puppet troll names are those, Skinny?

very bad form.
:nomouth:

yes Skinny your organizational skills are only second to your deep seated knowledge
of non fungus fungi.:crazy:

If you criticise a single action of Morrissey's, you are now part of a united, highly organised coalition of puppets of Uncleskinny? Interesting.

Put the troll idiot on ignore, there’s only Ketamine (his partner) who responds to the trolls posts and it looks like a number of members have put her on ignore as well, which is a shame as she used to be well respected before she got into bed with the site troll.

Tags
california son info
Back
Top Bottom