"It's Over" - physical release & cover art - Morrissey Central (26 Feb, 2019)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Famous when dead, Feb 26, 2019.

By Famous when dead on Feb 26, 2019 at 6:58 PM
  1. Famous when dead

Famous when dead Vulgarian Moderator

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 3

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Famous when dead, Feb 26, 2019.

1. mozmal
      mozmal
      Hardly a mention of how great his voice is. Really looking forward to this release.
      Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
      • Like Like x 2
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    2. Anonymous
      Anonymous

I don' care what you think.
      Song is beautiful.
      Cover is great.
      Well done Morrissey. Again.
      • Like Like x 3
    3. Carlisle baz
      Carlisle baz
      My thoughts to, I get really excited with a new moz single is due out. Then I remember that great artists don’t make the charts no more I think the album will go top 3
      • Like Like x 1
    4. ACTON
      ACTON
      The version for the cover completely changes the connotations with Mitchum appearing to be admiring his nether regions. Ah well, I guess it's better than admiring neither-regions.
      • Funny Funny x 1
    5. ACTON
      ACTON
      Leave the charts to people like Moley Cyprus and her stupid video showing kids at the firing range.
    6. Carlisle baz
      Carlisle baz
      Exactly.. my 9 year old knows all the chart stuff now. Now I know how my parents felt when I was listening to still I’ll and them shouting up the stairs “ turn that shite down” age is a funny thing.
      • Funny Funny x 1
    7. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Looks like he is looking at his penis

FWD,
      Regards
    8. Ketamine Sun
      • Like Like x 3
    9. Peanut
      Peanut
      Unofficial video sound quality is dreadful, sounds like a 96k mp3 with graphic equaliser set to inverted 'V' shape.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    10. ACTON
      ACTON
      Back in the 90's, my aunt, who is now deceased, came into our house and stood at the bottom of the stairs listening to the record I was playing from upstairs. I came down and she said "that music is just beautiful". It was the end of Please Please Please that she had heard. I always remember that whenever I listen to it. Music is magic and we are just fairy dust on the wind.
      Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
      • Like Like x 6
      • Insightful Insightful x 2
    11. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I listened to the 'It's Over' cover. It isn't bad - just unmemorable, if the truth is told. Moz has done far better covers than this over the years. Not this one, sadly. I can't say I'm waiting with bated breath for May 24th to pass, to be frank. 'The Fader' article is honest and right on the mark - those collaborating on this album have far more to lose than Morrissey has, right now.
      It'll be interesting to see how their respective fan-bases respond to this in the long-term. His sucking up to far-right hate-mongers has indelibly tarnished his - and The Smiths legacy. Say all you want - nobody cares what you think. Plenty of us have moved on to other things that suit us more than fine.
      And as for the sleeve? Please! Steven must be taking on bored kids on a work placement from the local comprehensive school to make such a totally uninspired image.
      • Dislike Dislike x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Redundant Redundant x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    12. pandaproducts
      pandaproducts
      This is awful all around. Really sad to see the genius behind The Smiths slowly descend into whatever this is.
      • Troll Troll x 1
    13. Hotplatters
      Hotplatters
      Quick! Quick! They are selling test pressings on Mporium with much better covers, and for a £100!!!! It'll be an interesting investment - LIHS test pressings have depreciated to £35 on Discogs. (think I might wait)

The wheels are beginning to fall off.
    14. Hotplatters
      Hotplatters
      ... and we must ready ourselves for the various multi-coloured 'vinyls'.
    15. vegan cro spirit 222
      vegan cro spirit 222
      WTF?:rolleyes:

'pandaproducts' and 'hotplatters'??? what kind of mediocre sock puppet troll names are those, Skinny?

very bad form.
      :nomouth:
      • Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Redundant Redundant x 1
    16. pandaproducts
      pandaproducts
      If you criticise a single action of Morrissey's, you are now part of a united, highly organised coalition of puppets of Uncleskinny? Interesting.
    17. Hotplatters
    18. Ketamine Sun
      Ketamine Sun
      :brows:
      • Like Like x 1
    19. vegan cro spirit 222
      vegan cro spirit 222
      yes Skinny your organizational skills are only second to your deep seated knowledge
      of non fungus fungi.:crazy:
    20. Surface
      Surface
      Put the troll idiot on ignore, there’s only Ketamine (his partner) who responds to the trolls posts and it looks like a number of members have put her on ignore as well, which is a shame as she used to be well respected before she got into bed with the site troll.