"It's Over" - physical release & cover art - Morrissey Central (26 Feb, 2019)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Famous when dead, Feb 26, 2019.

By Famous when dead on Feb 26, 2019 at 6:58 PM
  1. Famous when dead

Famous when dead Vulgarian Moderator

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 3

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Famous when dead, Feb 26, 2019.

1. ForgivemeJESUS
      ForgivemeJESUS
      Just another way of showing his good taste and charm,by letting fans participate in his greatness .
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Another useless vinyl....wasn't expecting no less Mozz.....
      • Dislike Dislike x 2
      • Redundant Redundant x 1
    3. ForgivemeJESUS
      ForgivemeJESUS
      How is it useless, at least it's got a b-track not available anywhere else
    4. TJ Burns
      TJ Burns
      Is brow of my beloved a cover or original track?
    5. Famous when dead
      Famous when dead
      As per previous post, it's a Boorer track and is original.
      Regards,
      FWD.
      • Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    6. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      If you havent seen 'A Kind of Loving' you must do - it's an absolute classic of 1960s British cinema. Adapted from the novel by Stan Barstow - the son of a coal miner who went to grammar school. Back in the days when we used to have social mobility...
    7. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Is that where the video is edited from?
    8. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      So you "wasn't expecting no less"? Let me get my head around this for a minute, you "wasn't expecting no less"? It's the double negative that is foxing me, still, if it means something to you, something so important you felt the need to post it on a world wide forum, then I guess it must be important. I hope you feel a little better now.
      • Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    9. gordyboy9
      gordyboy9
      cant wait for diana dors.glad we are finally seeing these songs at last.
      • Like Like x 1
    10. Peppermint
      Peppermint
      I actually hadn't noticed the t-shirt but now you mention it... dear me.
    11. gordyboy9
      gordyboy9
      its only useless if you don't have a turntable.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    12. ForgivemeJESUS
      ForgivemeJESUS
      Did I miss the release of Blue Dreamers Eyes ? I'm not missing any singles,lp,etc
    13. Famous when dead
      Famous when dead
      No, it just alludes to the fact it was shared by Sam on YT. So it exists in a higher quality somewhere, but has got as far as our ears at least.
      Regards,
      FWD.
    14. ForgivemeJESUS
      ForgivemeJESUS
      Woooooo ,that was close, I've slept , woke up thought I missed a physical release. I'm good now
      • Funny Funny x 1
    15. Hotplatters
      Hotplatters
      I can imagine the conversation... ‘Why do we need a Graphic Designer if we can do it ourselves in Word?’.

These covers are giving me hope for my profession yet! This one is an absolute howler...
      Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
      • Like Like x 2
    16. gordyboy9
      gordyboy9
      I don't get the hatred for the artwork these days ,iv been on this site since 2004 and there was never this level of dissatisfaction with covers,ringleaders and refusal covers were well liked at the time.swords and maladjusted being the exception.
    17. Hotplatters
      Hotplatters
      The difference is pre Low In High School covers were designed by a professional designer or design dept. These are not. Some people do not care, but having grown up with The Smiths and Morrissey (solo) and having loved the cover art nearly as much as the music, I do. It doesn't help that I'm also a Graphic Designer, so can spot a non-trained person (can't really call him / her a designer) from a mile off. Poor text placement, lazy stock photos, a pre-occupation for centering text and then shoving it over faces, poor Photoshopping (see the T-Shirt on the new album cover) the list goes on...

I actually think the It's Over cover is a piss take. I can't believe he's going to put this cover out. Great single though (so it's not all bad).
    18. ninetimesfined
      ninetimesfined

So much preoccupation with 'juxtaposing' the 'old black and white photo' with more modern text around 'funky colour' text boxes. Yuck
    19. Peppermint
      Peppermint
      Exactly this. I am not a designer but worked alongside them (as a copywriter) for 25 years. I remember one of them telling me that typography was an art all of its own: how to select, size and place fonts, use of colour etc. I know this from first hand experience, the times I have tried to cobble something together myself (thinking, 'that's not too bad') then handed it over to the pro (thinking: 'ah.') There is no way on earth these covers are being produced by a professional.
    20. Peppermint
      Peppermint
      Because it's shit, Gordy, and people care about these things. It seems evident that he's no longer using professional, skilled people and the results speak for themselves. Which is very sad, when like you say, there is a long heritage of great cover artwork.
      • Like Like x 1