It's over, Boz?

T. H. Auden

If you listen to the concert from Brooklyn, a bit after the 43:00 mark it sounds a bit like Morrissey says "It's over, Boz, it's over", don’t you think(?). So maybe Boz is the last in an endless succession of people saying goodbye to Morrissey. And then seconds later he introduces the band…

Last edited:
Nah. It's not clear but I hear something closer to, "..Both of us, it's over"?

I think maybe you should book an appointment to get one or two hearing aids then
On second listen... I hear boss not Boz.
It's over, boss, it's over?

He could be talking to God for all we know. Even if it is Boz, I don't see why he'd say it or what he's getting at. But then I don't know why he never acknowledged Boz leaving, either.

If you listen to the concert from Brooklyn, a bit after the 43:00 mark it sounds a bit like Morrissey says "It's over, Boz, it's over", don’t you think(?). So maybe Boz is the last in an endless succession of people saying goodbye to Morrissey. And then seconds later he introduces the band…
The last part is definitely "It's over", but I'm not sure about the first part? It sounds a bit like "It's all that was"... So I guess it could be "It's all that was. It's over" ??

Yes, Moz always announces a band members departure on stage in song, several months after they've already gone.

Yes, Moz always announces a band members departure on stage in song, several months after they've already gone.

he did sing "No-one can hold a candle to you" for Alain after he had left

I admit it is unlikely that he has sung "It's over Boz" but I do think it sounds that way.

When I first saw this thread I assumed it was the audio equivalent of "I saw Elvis' face in a nacho" but I have to say that upon listening to it, it absolutely sounds like he's saying "it's over, Boz." And given the theme of the song (was this the first time it reappeared into the live shows?) I must admit I'm intrigued.

Back
Top Bottom