December 20 finally sees the UK release of the 7" blue vinyl of It's Over.
There is no matrix message on this record.
The word 'stereo' is replaced by 'rodeo' on the B-side (as pictured).
It features a cover of Tim Buckley's "It Happens Every Time".
Information about dates/stock outside of HMV and European sellers isn't currently available other than the release dates already quoted on their sites.
The convoluted It's Over timeline from announcement to release:
- February 25, 2019 - appears on Spotify.
- February 26, 2019 - released digitally as an 'instant grat' & pre-order bonus prior to California Son (radio airplay of the track especially in the UK). Physical single is mentioned (with Brow Of My Beloved as B-side - Mitchum green, red & white cover shown).
- March 27, 2019 - Central shares an unofficial It's Over video.
- September 18, 2019 - Central inform us of a new single - no release date given (featuring Mitchum on the 7" with green, red & white font/colour)
- October 1, 2019 - "heartbreaking" news that BMG have shelved the single (7" pictured again as per September 18).
- October 9, 2019 - Central states the single will be released "in the second week of November"
- October 11, 2019 - Central post "hold on, it's coming". Monroe is pictured holding the original 7" sleeve as pictured via their September 18th post.
- October 12, 2019 - Central post "It's Starting" with a blue vinyl 7" shown and new black, blue & white font/colour, no other information.
- November 12, placeholder spotted on UK Amazon - also on the Italian Amazon with November 29 as a release date (showing the original artwork and fonts as per September 18).
- November 14, 2019 - the single appears on the Warner's portal site with product number "4050538559873" (seen with my own eyes). The single has not been listed on any Warners buying in sheets throughout the year - especially November or December so no indie shops are aware of it officially as the sheets dictate what is available to buy.
- November 14, 2019 - a new image for the 7" with moved lettering/new crop is found on an Italian record shop site - also citing December 13 as the release date.
- November 16, 2019 - Amazon UK removes the single from their listings. It remains on the .DE/FR/IT sites.
- November 22, 2019 - Central posts "It's Somewhere". The mysterious VH asserts it should have been released and the first blue vinyl 7" picture is shown again.
- November 23, 2019 - Member @Marco informs us Crash Records are citing a release "early next year".
- December 11, 2019 - Cover art updates on all Amazons and the listing reappears on the UK site.
- December 20, 2019 - @Kennethwilliamsunderstudy informs us HMV are stocking the 7" in Newcastle and I find them in Birmingham HMV too.
- Morrissey Central: "… AND ‘IT’S OVER’ CAME TUMBLING AFTER." - (December 20, 2019)
- Morrissey Central: " IT’S … SOMEWHERE" (November 22nd 2019) - Nov. 22, 2019
- "It's Over" 7" vinyl appears on Italian record sites with Dec. 13, 2019 release date, updated sleeve - Nov. 14, 2019
- Morrissey Central: "IT'S STARTING" - It's Over cover art & blue vinyl (October 12, 2019) - Oct. 13, 2019
- Morrissey Central: "BMG" (October 9, 2019) - Oct. 9, 2019
- BMG have decided against releasing 'It's Over' as a single - Morrissey Central - Sep. 30, 2019
- MozCentral: New Single - "It's Over" / "It Happens Every Time"; "Lady Willpower" scrapped - Sep. 18, 2019