Its official: Morrissey for Glastonbury - check the website

• Thread starter idontoweyouanything
  • Start date
Re: Moz to play Glastonbury! (just before U2)

ah yes, buried in the tour sub-forum. who would ever think to look there!
I reckon big news like this is worthy (pun intended) of the front page.
looks like Moz is going on a UK charm offensive, having now signed up to 2 UK festivals.
trying to convince the floating voter that he's not just a 'big-quiffed bigot with dodgy views'!

The story is up in mainpage since 15:40 UK time.

Re: Its official----morrissey for glastonbury.....check the website

let's hope he goes for a crowd-pleasing set-list this time, like he did at Reading 04 or Israel more recently.
last Glasto I think he opened with Daddy's Voice - how to kill a festival atmosphere!

a
looks like Moz is going on a UK charm offensive, having now signed up to 2 UK festivals.
trying to convince the floating voter that he's not just a 'big-quiffed bigot with dodgy views'!

I think by now you can safely assume he doesn't really give a shit what people think, his fanbase isn't going much further than it already is....good pay days morelike.

I think by now you can safely assume he doesn't really give a shit what people think, his fanbase isn't going much further than it already is....good pay days morelike.

It's ironic that film Killing Bono has been released on 1st April.

For all you ticket touter haters - Glastonbury apparently has put the purchaser's photo on each ticket, making it near impossible to re-sell them.
Morrissey fans hadn't even thought about buying Glasto tickets because he wasn't playing there but was playing a show in Grimsby that night.

Really, how many tickets are going to be returned/cancelled? And how many are going to end up in the hands of Morrissey fans, with U2 fans vying for the same tickets?
He'll have to play to a crowd that doesn't care (mostly). He'll miss out on the typical adoration/forgiveness fans tend to grant him, and for someone who used to claim to go to concerts to see his fans...well, it just doesn't add up.

(yes, I'm a bit upset that some bloody U2 fan will get to see him and I won't) (that night anyway)

I feel bad that I could have doubted Auntie Janice.
Janice Long announced this on Radio 2 on Monday night, but I just thought nah, daft old bat, she's getting confused. He's in Grimsby town that night. But no, she was spot on as always. That's what comes with e-mail correspondence with Morrissey.

For all you ticket touter haters - Glastonbury apparently has put the purchaser's photo on each ticket, making it near impossible to re-sell them.
Morrissey fans hadn't even thought about buying Glasto tickets because he wasn't playing there but was playing a show in Grimsby that night.

Really, how many tickets are going to be returned/cancelled? And how many are going to end up in the hands of Morrissey fans, with U2 fans vying for the same tickets?
He'll have to play to a crowd that doesn't care (mostly). He'll miss out on the typical adoration/forgiveness fans tend to grant him, and for someone who used to claim to go to concerts to see his fans...well, it just doesn't add up.

(yes, I'm a bit upset that some bloody U2 fan will get to see him and I won't) (that night anyway)

Maybe he wants to play to a different audience rather than the same 15 freaks in the front row every night and a few familiar faces spattered around the rest of the place. Makes sense to me. Never hurts to add a few new fans.

I cant belive that Mozz has no say in these things so what about all the loyal fans who have bought and paid for travel and accomodation and possibly time off work etc for Grimsby only for it to be changed now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe he wants to play to a different audience rather than the same 15 freaks in the front row every night and a few familiar faces spattered around the rest of the place. Makes sense to me. Never hurts to add a few new fans.

So now you have "freaks." Last time they were "benders".

Hey, 1982 just called...they want their insults back...

Janice Long announced this on Radio 2 on Monday night, but I just thought nah, daft old bat, she's getting confused.
Ahhhh you are so nice.:(

Morrissey likes the challenge of playing to people who aren't necessarily fans. He has the sort of stage presence that can win people over.
Glastonbury is an amazing festival and so vast that there are always several acts worth seeing at the same time. I used to attend before it became impossible to buy tickets. Still, I love the wonder of the red button, through which you can create a virtual festival-spectacle for yourself from the comfort of the sofa. There should be an option to watch Morrissey's entire set, or it may be on BBC4 or 3.

Ahhhh you are so nice.:(

Oh grow up.
It was said with complete affection.

jesus christ, my head is spinning from reading so many band names :eek:
it just goes on and on :straightface:
I have been to many festivals here in the USA, I had no idea you guys had so many bands you could not see because they were all playing at the same time
man, I would not even know what to do over there :o

Just curious - did anyone manage to get tickets?

Back
Top Bottom