Italian police ready to sue and ask for compensation - reports

It's official: the Italian police will sue Moz

La Polizia denuncia Morrissey per diffamazione: “Sono psicopatici armati” - Affaritaliani.it

Morrissey diffama la Polizia italiana, Consap: «pronti a denunciarlo e a chiedergli un risarcimento» - OP Osservatore Politico

Google Translate to English:

Morrissey defames the Italian Police, Consap "ready to sue and ask for compensation"
By Pier Paolo Palozzi

The British singer was stopped by police for a check, in central Rome. Subsequently, on their social profile, he defined the agents of "armed psychopaths." The Police Union: "we do not care about the 'logic she does not know who I am', for us all citizens are equal, including the singers'

ROME - A lawsuit and a thank you, these are the reactions of Consap, more representative union of the State Police to heavy externalization of the English singer Morrissey.

"By the term 'armed psychopaths' that the singer has posted on his company profile - explains the national secretary of Consap Stefano Spagnoli - has been given a mandate to our legal department to assess the details of defamation, while about the possibility that the singer gates all Italian dates we can only thank him for freeing resources for the safety of Italian citizens. "

The Conferazione Statutory Autonomous Police rejects the sender, "the logic of" you do not know who I am "and the bad example of respect for the rule of law provided by singer .- continues the Trade Union Confederation of Autonomous Police - hoping that the promoters of these events musical know better assess the artists to gratify the presence and with the massive crowds, excluding those who clearly and despite the emergence of international security think they are above the law and police checks. "

UPDATE July 12:

Additional quotes from the police union in a link posted by an anonymous person:

Il Siulp (sindacato dei poliziotti) denuncia Morrissey per oltraggio - Askanews

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if it's a law per se ... but I could see it in the light of harassment and perhaps a civil matter. Again, the fact that this was made public and involving a "celebrity" might justify actions that would not be taken with your average Joe Blow. I guess we'll find out in due time.

I've been thinking about the contrast between where Morrissey's life is now and Johnny Marr's (currently reading "Set the Boy Free"). Johnny is happy and healthy. He no longer drinks, runs 5-10 miles a day and adores his wife and children. He maintains long-term relationships ... and is very well respected. You just can't imagine this kind of constant, senseless shit happening to Johnny.

Yeah but wasn't it always so. Morrissey was always gonna be this way and really always has been a dramatic person with up heavals in his life. That said Morrisseys worked and has been friends with boz for I don't know how long now and holds a fair amount long term friendships if not romantic ones. Johnny hasn't held a working partner for more than theee albums. He and his work/talent are all still admired. He turns down collaboration requests even just recently that would be good "pr" if he cared about that crap at all

I don't see why there's a need make the comparison about whether this would have happened to Johnny. It would have happened to pretty much no-one in the world except Morrissey.

Last edited:
Yeah but wasn't it always so. Morrissey was always gonna be this way and really always has been a dramatic person with up heavals in his life. That said Morrisseys worked and has been friends with boz for I don't know how long now and holds a fair amount long term friendships if not romantic ones. Johnny hasn't held a working partner for more than theee albums. He and his work/talent are all still admired. He turns down collaboration requests even just recently that would be good "pr" if he cared about that crap at all

Good points . I just couldn't help but admire the upstanding and positive guy that Johnny is (has become) while reading his book. In any case, this is not a Johnny Marr site so I'll leave it at that.

Let's bring on Morrissey's next crises du jour!

I was thinking about how screwed italian people are if they depend solely on police identification of persons to fight against terrorism and criminality, since they identified Morrissey's driver as his nephew when in fact Sam Esty Rayner actually wasn't even there. That means they didn't identify the driver although he did have "papers". I wonder if Sam is thinking about suing them for false identification. After all, he was accused of a contravention he didn't commit.

I love how you think you know the law, you phony shithead, when Sam actually has a law degree. What do you have? A solo forum TOS rules degree? (that you constantly break) Pipe down. The adults are talking.
haha hilarious :lbf:

as Ed Wood already wrote, I think you have to know something about law, if there would be a lawsuit, Morrissey should have been hold and taken to the police station. It's bit harsh what Morrissey said,afterwards about the whole incident, but traffic cop who puts his gun on someone he knew as famous and was verbal agressive while Morrissey didn't do anything wrong, as he wasn't the driver. Don't be boring about the Joyce case. There will be NO lawsuit

Thank you for your reply. You make it clear why there will be a lawsuit. Morrissey has led you to believe that"traffic cop who puts his gun on someone he knew as famous and was verbal agressive while Morrissey didn't do anything wrong."

That may not be the truth. "It's bit harsh what Morrissey said,afterwards about the whole incident," may not be the whole truth either.

Whether Morrissey was arrested or not has nothing to do with what the police are threatening a lawsuit about. There would have been no lawsuit if Morrissey hadn't made the statements he made.

I don't get the connection why you think a lawsuit is dependent on Morrissey having been arrested. Can you explain that?

I really doubt there is a law making it illegal to take or share photos of the Italian police, at least not per se. How would Italian newspapers cope with that? Would your holiday video get impounded if you've inadvertently filmed a copper in the background?

If there is some sort of law in that area, it will somehow specify contexts in which it is not allowed. I can imagine it being illegal to post a photo in such a way that it might cause the officer harassment, though.
Taking the picture probably isn't illegal and sharing it probably isn't illegal. Sharing it with the allegation that "this man is a psychopath" may not even be illegal. I don't believe that Morrissey is being accused of a crime. It is a civil matter, defamation of character and making libelous statements. This means that the officer and the police union could collect monetary damages but they aren't threatening to put Morrissey in jail.

Morrissey doesn't have Facebook account and isn't on any social media site, so he didn't actually say anything himself. It's just through his nephew, so who knows what he really thinks. He probably shouldn't use Sam as his mouthpiece though on a foreign place like Facebook.

OH THE LITTLE FOOLS PLAYING RIGHT INTO THE HANDS OF MORRISSEY !!!

M has the platform to make it known(as he has done) these thug like actions by cops that are only...'doing their job' :rolleyes: . Now maybe some changes will be made in hope that cops will be trained in how to deal with people and someday they will treat us all like human beings.

MORRISSEY WINS AGAIN !!!

:rock: :rock: :rock::rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

M has the platform to make it known(as he has done) these thug like actions by cops that are only...'doing their job' :rolleyes: . Now maybe some changes will be made in hope that cops will be trained in how to deal with people and someday they will treat us all like human beings.

MORRISSEY WINS AGAIN !!!

Yes someday we will all have the freedom to speed through crowded streets driving on the wrong side of the road and if the cops stop us we will just say "Morrissey, Rome, 2017" and they will run away and hide from the truth. Now that I see this clearly I can't wait for the trial so we can all be free.

That's the truth.

What does Johnny Marr have to do with this? You can't compare the two. Every person he's ever worked with - save Morrissey - would be happy to work with him again. Anytime. He just gets to pick and choose. That's what comes of being a proper, thoughtful human being - rather than a spoiled, narcissistic c***. His catalogue and the quality of his output is miles above. He's also a genuinely decent human being.

...and who are Morrissey's long-term friends? Who hasn't he alienated? Nancy? His nephew? Comes a time when the "poor, miserable me" bullshit gets tiresome. That time has long since passed. Now he's just a bitter old asshole with a chip on his shoulder.

By all means, click redundant. Click troll. If you've been a fan as long as I have and watched this spiral into nothingness, you know what I'm talking about.

Hey Morrissey.... Enough with this "look at me" nonsense. Want me to look at you? Put out a decent album. Even a single.

Where's the f***ing music?

MORRISSEY WINS AGAIN !!!

Morrissey treats people like dirt. ...and he ain't winning shit. Not even a record deal.

...and who are Morrissey's long-term friends? Who hasn't he alienated? Nancy? His nephew? ...If you've been a fan as long as I have and watched this spiral into nothingness, you know what I'm talking about

Clearly you can't be that much a fan if you don't know about his long-term friends :rolleyes:

The more you learn about Morrissey, and the trail of resentment that he has left behind in almost every relationship that he has ever had, the more you realize that he has almost no redeemable personality traits.

I don't have to like someone to listen to their music, and Morrissey's nauseating social retardation certainly won't stop me from following his work, but he seems like the kind of personable that you would never want to know in any capacity.

His mother has a lot to answer for.

The lesson? Don't raise a mama's boy. It will haunt the both of you.

Morrissey is a real punk ! i like his independant ways, not really different from his youth years finally.
Some humans are not made for ISO standard from the administration... or from social network.
Resistance fighter, he's one of the last international rebel in the musical industry !

I don't know if it's a law per se ... but I could see it in the light of harassment and perhaps a civil matter. Again, the fact that this was made public and involving a "celebrity" might justify actions that would not be taken with your average Joe Blow. I guess we'll find out in due time.

I've been thinking about the contrast between where Morrissey's life is now and Johnny Marr's (currently reading "Set the Boy Free"). Johnny is happy and healthy. He no longer drinks, runs 5-10 miles a day and adores his wife and children. He maintains long-term relationships ... and is very well respected. You just can't imagine this kind of constant, senseless shit happening to Johnny.
That's why this is a site about Morrissey and not Johnny.
We all love and like him, but good old Johnny doesn't have that much of an interesting life. And how we would know about Morrissey's relationships? he's always been a very private person, we don't know about Johnny's life either, he could be an asshole, but an asshole who knows how to hide it well for the sake of his career, Morrissey never learned that lesson , he doesn't have a filter, he says very stupid things as well as intelligent, poetic and cathartic shit that makes your life better, that's why I still am here, after all these years, being his fan it's like a f***ing roller coaster of emotions, some get tired and some of us are still amused

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom