Italian police ready to sue and ask for compensation - reports

It's official: the Italian police will sue Moz

La Polizia denuncia Morrissey per diffamazione: “Sono psicopatici armati” - Affaritaliani.it

Morrissey diffama la Polizia italiana, Consap: «pronti a denunciarlo e a chiedergli un risarcimento» - OP Osservatore Politico

Google Translate to English:

Morrissey defames the Italian Police, Consap "ready to sue and ask for compensation"
By Pier Paolo Palozzi

The British singer was stopped by police for a check, in central Rome. Subsequently, on their social profile, he defined the agents of "armed psychopaths." The Police Union: "we do not care about the 'logic she does not know who I am', for us all citizens are equal, including the singers'

ROME - A lawsuit and a thank you, these are the reactions of Consap, more representative union of the State Police to heavy externalization of the English singer Morrissey.

"By the term 'armed psychopaths' that the singer has posted on his company profile - explains the national secretary of Consap Stefano Spagnoli - has been given a mandate to our legal department to assess the details of defamation, while about the possibility that the singer gates all Italian dates we can only thank him for freeing resources for the safety of Italian citizens. "

The Conferazione Statutory Autonomous Police rejects the sender, "the logic of" you do not know who I am "and the bad example of respect for the rule of law provided by singer .- continues the Trade Union Confederation of Autonomous Police - hoping that the promoters of these events musical know better assess the artists to gratify the presence and with the massive crowds, excluding those who clearly and despite the emergence of international security think they are above the law and police checks. "

UPDATE July 12:

Additional quotes from the police union in a link posted by an anonymous person:

Il Siulp (sindacato dei poliziotti) denuncia Morrissey per oltraggio - Askanews

Last edited by a moderator:
The police department is the biggest street gang in the entire world. Never trust a police officer.

giphy.gif

I hope they lock him up. Then Morrissey can release his version of 'Live at San Quentin'.

This is so funny!! People here think I'm crazy the way I'm laughing at this photo.:lbf: :horny::lbf:

Now he is famus! Please make a T-shirt with this one. They can sell it in Mporium to help to collect money and pay for the globally devalued image of Roman policemen.

"Il pessimo esempio di rispetto per la legalità fornito dal cantante". You are such a naughty boy :p

Morrissey has a very entertaining life! I can already imagine this movie. :D

There is both potential libel (written) and slander (spoken) here and is a lot easier to prove if recorded and shared via social media/press thousands of times!
That said, it seldom happens via Police. There are a whole wealth of complex legal reasons as to why this hardly happens - even in Italy.
Under English law, the limits of acceptable criticism is wider for those in professional positions (and they should anticipate such) - people are allowed to hold negative views about the Police and express them, I'm sure this is probably the same for Italian 'officials'. 'Maliciousness' is the main mitigating factor in most cases and it's difficult to prove.
I think most of the sense in these articles is lost in awful Google translation - the Italian's are butthurt, but I doubt an international arrest warrant is going to surface any time soon :)
Anyway, what happened to the outstanding law suit in the States!?
Regards,
FWD.

These declarations were supposedly given by a police union, not the Police as a government institution. In most countries policemen unions are forbidden because of the danger of people armed by the state negotiating labor conditions, imagine the lack of freedom of negotiation of the counterpart and the vice of nullity of those agreements. It's completly crazy, unsafe and undemocratic. It is not surprising that they have reacted in this way.

Everything is crazy here. Seriously, Italy as an important country and Morrissey as a human being both deserve more respect.

Last edited:
Morrissey,

Come back to West Hollyood where the police know how to treat a pop star!

And you aren't so damn uptight

There seems to be a pattern to how Morrissey responds to these encounters that shows a severe lack of self-awareness. It usually involves him making outrageous accusations against the authority figure, and characterizing them in satanic terms.

There was the time he claimed that he was groped by an airport employee. He claimed to experience some kind of psychic torture by homeland security. There was the senile, and vile judge. Now we have the psychopathic cop working in the world's most dangerous country.

It's obvious that Morrissey thinks he's above the normal indignities that the average person has to endure in their daily lives. He wants the working class street cred without the working class inconveniences. He wants to be of the people, but above them.

The man avoided work like the plague, and had nothing in common with the average working class person in his neighborhood. He even wrote a song about it called "Ordinary Boys." He talks about the Manchester victims as if he gives two shits about the lives of most people he's described as murderous, meat eating pedophiles.

He wants the government to explicitly rail about Islamist extremists, while he blew off a similar attack in another country by equating it to the meat industry.

He calls the Chinese a subspecies, but he wants to be treated with dignity.

The man checks all the boxes that describe a detached personality disorder, but acts like he's pop music's version of Che Guevara.

Clearly, he's beyond experiencing embarrassment at this point. It's just rank nihilism from here on out.

they [Italian /Rome court] can sue Morrissey, but guesss the chance of Him becoming 103 is in the same league, but a polictraffic cop not in uniform, holding a gun and shouting, that's not very nice to tourist and singer such as Morrissey who spend good money.

Traffic cop's behaviviour was totally not accepted, and now they wanna
sue Him cause the whole Bittish and Italian papers wrote about this issue.

I'd say Morrissey, go away, never enter that country, don't go provoking it further, the album seems recorded, and it's time to get it released, as no official recordcompany has signed Morrissey, yeah Trojan, but I doubt...and get on tour, but skip Italy.

It's On

Last edited:
There seems to be a pattern to how Morrissey responds to these encounters that shows a severe lack of self-awareness. It usually involves him making outrageous accusations against the authority figure, and characterizing them in satanic terms.

There was the time he claimed that he was groped by an airport employee. He claimed to experience some kind of psychic torture by homeland security. There was the senile, and vile judge. Now we have the psychopathic cop working in the world's most dangerous country.

It's obvious that Morrissey thinks he's above the normal indignities that the average person has to endure in their daily lives. He wants the working class street cred without the working class inconveniences. He wants to be of the people, but above them.

The man avoided work like the plague, and had nothing in common with the average working class person in his neighborhood. He even wrote a song about it called "Ordinary Boys." He talks about the Manchester victims as if he gives two shits about the lives of most people he's described as murderous, meat eating pedophiles.

He wants the government to explicitly rail about Islamist extremists, while he blew off a similar attack in another country by equating it to the meat industry.

He calls the Chinese a subspecies, but he wants to be treated with dignity.

The man checks all the boxes that describe a detached personality disorder, but acts like he's pop music's version of Che Guevara.

Clearly, he's beyond experiencing embarrassment at this point. It's just rank nihilism from here on out.

Post of the month!

Post of the month!

Too early to say so. It's not finished yet.
Just another anonymous nobody posing as the phoney amateur psychiatrist, who had Moz on his analystcouch. :sleeping:

That's mad. You can't say anything to anyone these days without someone taking insult. It all has to come full circle eventually: political correctness has taken over the world. He didn't physically attack anyone, he just gobbed a few words online. Big deal.

I'm only sad that this talentless sack of shit didn't die in that f***ing car.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom