Italian police ready to sue and ask for compensation - reports

It's official: the Italian police will sue Moz

La Polizia denuncia Morrissey per diffamazione: “Sono psicopatici armati” - Affaritaliani.it

Morrissey diffama la Polizia italiana, Consap: «pronti a denunciarlo e a chiedergli un risarcimento» - OP Osservatore Politico

Google Translate to English:

Morrissey defames the Italian Police, Consap "ready to sue and ask for compensation"
By Pier Paolo Palozzi

The British singer was stopped by police for a check, in central Rome. Subsequently, on their social profile, he defined the agents of "armed psychopaths." The Police Union: "we do not care about the 'logic she does not know who I am', for us all citizens are equal, including the singers'

ROME - A lawsuit and a thank you, these are the reactions of Consap, more representative union of the State Police to heavy externalization of the English singer Morrissey.

"By the term 'armed psychopaths' that the singer has posted on his company profile - explains the national secretary of Consap Stefano Spagnoli - has been given a mandate to our legal department to assess the details of defamation, while about the possibility that the singer gates all Italian dates we can only thank him for freeing resources for the safety of Italian citizens. "

The Conferazione Statutory Autonomous Police rejects the sender, "the logic of" you do not know who I am "and the bad example of respect for the rule of law provided by singer .- continues the Trade Union Confederation of Autonomous Police - hoping that the promoters of these events musical know better assess the artists to gratify the presence and with the massive crowds, excluding those who clearly and despite the emergence of international security think they are above the law and police checks. "

UPDATE July 12:

Additional quotes from the police union in a link posted by an anonymous person:

Il Siulp (sindacato dei poliziotti) denuncia Morrissey per oltraggio - Askanews

Last edited by a moderator:
If this happened to an unknown person, things would be quietly swept under the carpet. But because he is a celebrity it became another "let's see how much we can milk out of him scenario."

If this happened to an unknown person, things would be quietly swept under the carpet. But because he is a celebrity it became another "let's see how much we can milk out of him scenario."

I think it more about making a public show of intimidation. It says to average people don't criticize police or this could happen to you. There's already apparently a law not to post images or videos of them doing there job in public which I think is very wrong

I am driving through Rome
The wrong way on a one way street
Dear Cop, don’t stop me

And I am so very tired
Of being subject to the same laws as everyone else
Dear Cop don’t stop me

Don’t you know who I am, I begs
With Damo between my legs
Dear Cop, don’t stop me

Will you follow and apprehend
Know more about the law than I do

Track me down
And ask me for ID

Then he motions to me
To get off my Jacksey
Dear Cop, you really don’t know who I am, do you?

Now he’s spreading my legs
With his pistol in between
Dear Cop, if I could I would sue you

And now I am walking through Rome
Because the Fiat’s clamped and can’t move
But social media lies, they are free

Lies are free
Lies are free
But the Lies... are free

The lies are free
If spread by Sam Etsyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I think it more about making a public show of intimidation. It says to average people don't criticize police or this could happen to you. There's already apparently a law not to post images or videos of them doing there job in public which I think is very wrong

Very wrong? So you don't see them beat the crap out of people. Only reason for the law. What would be the reason

This is why you should film police

I am driving through Rome
The wrong way on a one way street
Dear Cop, don’t stop me

And I am so very tired
Of being subject to the same laws as everyone else
Dear Cop don’t stop me

Don’t you know who I am, I begs
With Damo between my legs
Dear Cop, don’t stop me

Will you follow and apprehend
Know more about the law than I do

Track me down
And ask me for ID

Then he motions to me
To get off my Jacksey
Dear Cop, you really don’t know who I am, do you?

Now he’s spreading my legs
With his pistol in between
Dear Cop, if I could I would sue you

And now I am walking through Rome
Because the Fiat’s clamped and can’t move
But social media lies, they are free

Lies are free
Lies are free
But the Lies... are free

The lies are free
If spread by Sam Etsyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

A very good effort, well done ! :thumb:
My only slight issue ? *Damo instead of ! ! ! Diesel.

Keep up the good work:laughing:

#we:heartssuit:Rome

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

If you truly think that then why are you on this site? I don't like sycophantic slags but I don't like the opposite either.

that is one problem. second problem is: the name of moderator who prove this Anon IP Hash: 15fdd27186 post (public wish of/for death) to be - public? where is now M SoLow Sicherheitspolizei?

Conclusion: Instead of publicly threatening victims across the globe with possible lawsuits (in some places that conduct is called extortion and it has aggravated punishment coming from a public officer), Roman police should be making an exhaustive review of their protocols. They can't avoid a terrorist attack asking for IDs, it's not that easy guys, sorry. But they can make people feel they are suffering a Fascism 2.0 experience when they visit Rome. Last but not least, repair traffic signals if you receive tourism. I love Italy. I hate fascism.

Last edited:
that is one problem. second problem is: the name of moderator who prove this Anon IP Hash: 15fdd27186 post (public wish of/for death) to be - public? where is now M SoLow Sicherheitspolizei?

Morrissey wishes death on people regularly.

Morrissey wishes death on people regularly.

correct police procedure would have been:
allow moz and nephew to drive full speed down the wrong side of the street in crowded street in Rome
arrest any victims who would have the impudence to hit the vehicle with their body.

Jeremy Corbyn would have handled it much better, as can be seen in this clip from an old edition of Newsnight.

When Foxy Knoxy wrongly implicated a black club owner in that now regrettable incident, the black dude sued her and won. If she goes back to Italy they will take her belongings and arrest her until she pays up. Same thing will happen to Moz, so its addio bella Italia. If he stashed his money there, when he hiding it from the drummer, he is probably moving it to Montevideo this very minute.

When Foxy Knoxy wrongly implicated a black club owner in that now regrettable incident, the black dude sued her and won. If she goes back to Italy they will take her belongings and arrest her until she pays up. Same thing will happen to Moz, so its addio bella Italia. If he
When Foxy Knoxy wrongly implicated a black club owner in that now regrettable incident, the black dude sued her and won. If she goes back to Italy they will take her belongings and arrest her until she pays up. Same thing will happen to Moz, so its addio bella Italia. If he stashed his money there, when he hiding it from the drummer, he is probably moving it to Montevideo this very minute.

stashed his money there, when he hiding it from the drummer, he is probably moving it to Montevideo this very minute.

I don't think so.
Apart from all other things, and what people think he is, there is also the professional side to it. Moz is a shrewd businessman.
He learned. (From his mistakes?)
I don't blame him.

One of the things smart businessmen do is spread their financial risks.
I would have my finances spread in Dollars, Euros and Swiss Franks, or assets in those zones and keep them in those zones.

Montevideo is a risk.
Even if he has financial assets in Italy he still can do business there without having to enter the country.
Did you notice I didn't mention Pound Sterling? :rolleyes:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom