Italian date June 4? (Will play Taormina, Sicily, date not confirmed - letteraemme.it)

Google Translate to English:

It's not official, but Morrissey will perform in concert in Taormina​

The date has not been confirmed, but the June 4 slot at the Greek theater has been blocked

TAORMINA. Steven Patrick Morrissey, the former lead singer of the legendary The Smiths, will perform in concert at the Greek theater in Taormina next June. The date is yet to be confirmed, and it's not official (nor have the main online ticket circuits yet put the coupons on presale) but the 4 June slot has been blocked. For Morrissey, and for the Smiths fans, split between his solo career and the more recent one of guitarist Johnny Marr, it would be the first time in Sicily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Things are afoot for Moz in 2023. Let’s hope that some albums are also pencilled in for release.

X Factor Wow GIF by X Factor Italia

It's not official? A Morrissey concert isn't official until you're walking home afterwards. Ha ha! Just had to see what it's like making a cancelation joke ;)

That sounds lovely! First time there? That’s surprising. I like the wording 😊

It’s not official, but Morrissey will…

That sounds lovely! First time there? That’s surprising. I like the wording 😊

It’s not official, but Morrissey will…

I was in Sicily last summer for a friends birthday. Stayed 5 days. We tooled around the Aeolians and it was the BEST. It was a slog to get there though - like 17 hours or something from Los Angeles.

STEVEN !!!!!!! STOP USING JOHNNY MARR AND THE SMITHS FOR PUBLICITY FFS.

Benny🇬🇧🔪

wonder if the mafia will be in charge of security,viva cosa nostra.
italy in the sunner,whats not to like.

We've been here before...

Beautiful place Taormina.
I believe Jim Kerr owns a hotel there

Anyone know how far
that venue is from Rimini ?
Could tie this in with the family Holiday .
Be nice Surprise for the daughter .

If this is fake ass news don't mind too much we are going to the London gig.

Hope our man sells out every venue

"Taormina inspired the naming of 'Toormina', a suburb of Coffs Harbour, New South Wales, Australia.[5]

The Cole Porter song "Where is the Life That Late I Led" from the musical Kiss Me, Kate references Taormina.

A part of the movie The Big Blue (1988) was set and filmed in Taormina, where the main characters take part in the no limits freediving World Championships.

The British songwriter Mark Knopfler evokes the town in his song "Lights of Taormina" in his 2015 album Tracker.

D.H. Lawrence signed his poem "Snake" with the word "Taormina"—perhaps the location of his "petty" encounter.

The American lawyer Gerald D. McLellan set his legal thriller The Bully (2014) between the North End of Boston and Taormina, with very specific place details of the bar called Naxos.

Season two of The White Lotus, a television comedy-drama, is set in a luxury hotel in Taormina..." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taormina

The spectacular Greek Theatre in Taormina, where the concert would most likely take place:
1920px-The_Greek_theatre_Taormina.jpg

Similar to Ostia Antica, Rome, where Morrissey played in 2006

iu

Spell-binding, though us getting a bus back to the city after was by way of lucky accident.

"Taormina inspired the naming of 'Toormina', a suburb of Coffs Harbour, New South Wales, Australia.[5]

The Cole Porter song "Where is the Life That Late I Led" from the musical Kiss Me, Kate references Taormina.

A part of the movie The Big Blue (1988) was set and filmed in Taormina, where the main characters take part in the no limits freediving World Championships.

The British songwriter Mark Knopfler evokes the town in his song "Lights of Taormina" in his 2015 album Tracker.

D.H. Lawrence signed his poem "Snake" with the word "Taormina"—perhaps the location of his "petty" encounter.

The American lawyer Gerald D. McLellan set his legal thriller The Bully (2014) between the North End of Boston and Taormina, with very specific place details of the bar called Naxos.

Season two of The White Lotus, a television comedy-drama, is set in a luxury hotel in Taormina..." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taormina

The spectacular Greek Theatre in Taormina, where the concert would most likely take place:
1920px-The_Greek_theatre_Taormina.jpg

Similar to Ostia Antica, Rome, where Morrissey played in 2006

iu

Spell-binding, though us getting a bus back to the city after was by way of lucky accident.

The article says it would be Greek theatre

The article says it would be Greek theatre
Some venue.

I was chatting to fellow Irish fans, and agreed that we would be happy with another date in the Gleneagle/INEC Killarney. There's plenty of public transport, huge variety of restaurants and bars, and unparalleled outdoor amenities, as in Taormina, for sensible people like Brendan Buckley and Dickie Felton to avail.

I briefly met Uncle Skinny there at Morrissey's 2006 appearance, which was jammers, after the success of You Are The Quarry. Friendliness personified then, which is why it pains me at times to react proportionately to the same person after their transition into one of those who've made a second career out of committing the maximum Morrissey sabotage possible.
"I am walking through Rome, with my heart on a string..." 🕊️

Google Translate to English:

It's not official, but Morrissey will perform in concert in Taormina​

The date has not been confirmed, but the June 4 slot at the Greek theater has been blocked

TAORMINA. Steven Patrick Morrissey, the former lead singer of the legendary The Smiths, will perform in concert at the Greek theater in Taormina next June. The date is yet to be confirmed, and it's not official (nor have the main online ticket circuits yet put the coupons on presale) but the 4 June slot has been blocked. For Morrissey, and for the Smiths fans, split between his solo career and the more recent one of guitarist Johnny Marr, it would be the first time in Sicily.
One of the most beautiful place in Sicily ! ❤️...If it will be confirmed I am going! Very cheap flight from Poland! "White Lotos" booked 😉!!!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom