Morrissey Central "ITALIAN BOOK" (June 8, 2023)

Screenshot_20230608-222704.png

Right, updated info (should have known this one):

The Smiths Italian lyric book. We have had the smaller, seven inch record sized lyric books before, but these are the supremely larger, expanded edition with added extras. Lyrics in both English and Italian. Within the card folder consists a screen printed image of James Dean painted by Helnwein and three lyric booklets for the albums The Smiths, Hatful of Hollow and Meat is Murder. The artwork postcards are just a thing of wonder.

1985. Card with die cut folder. Still in very good condition. 21 x 30cm.

Img_2023_06_09_00_45_51.jpeg
Img_2023_06_09_00_46_11.jpeg
Img_2023_06_09_00_46_42.jpeg

FWD.

What the f*** has James Dean got to do with it? Did he write their lyrics?

I have it on good authority (from the caterer who took the meat out of sandwiches during the recording of Ringleader Of The Tormentors) that this book is in fact a posthumous memoir in Eyetalian by the Maestro himself: Ennio Morricone. It details in equisite and minute detail his involvement in ROTT.

Here is an unpublished but fully verified exerpt:

"Car drove me to studio. On cold pleather seats it suddenly struck me I might die with a grimace on my face, after all. Arrived to a deserted studio to conduct a majestic Italian orchestra to my best music since Once Upon A Time In America. It took me 8 minutes. The next day they sent me an unravelled cassette tape and it took me four hours to find a suitable Bic pen to tighten the tape. I played it and couldn't hear any orchestra apart from some fish fingered keyboard. I checked envelope for the proper tape only to find it empty apart from a €50. I.O.U signed 'Moz' with crayon. To say the least I am truly disappointed. The next morning at 5AM my bedroom phone shrilled. I answered to hear a Tex Mex voice laughing in my face asking if it was OK to include a sticker on ROTT saying 'New album by Morrissey and Ennio Morricone'. Even in my mid-nighted shaken state I had the wits to ask "what's the English for vai a farti fottere?".

Editor's note: exact translation is 'go fu$k yourself'. [Apologies for Hamerican dollar $].

Last edited:
Absolute nonsense.

Right, updated info (should have known this one):

The Smiths Italian lyric book. We have had the smaller, seven inch record sized lyric books before, but these are the supremely larger, expanded edition with added extras. Lyrics in both English and Italian. Within the card folder consists a screen printed image of James Dean painted by Helnwein and three lyric booklets for the albums The Smiths, Hatful of Hollow and Meat is Murder. The artwork postcards are just a thing of wonder.

1985. Card with die cut folder. Still in very good condition. 21 x 30cm.

View attachment 91847View attachment 91848View attachment 91849
FWD.

Guess I never paid attention that Annalisa Jablonska
added vocals on Pretty Girls Make Graves ("oh really")
and Suffer Little Children (laughin').
Always thought those parts were sampled from a film
or somethin'.

jimmy dean standing in a puddle,great picture.
always good to see the lyrics in black and white.

Back
Top Bottom