Italia! - Morrissey update on true-to-you.net

Re: Italia! From true to You

What about this TV appearance in Milan?!

iVIVA MOZ! indeed. Great update.

Nice update! I love when he ranks the shows. It makes me want to be a good audience participant. :)

What's this about singing Bullfighter and KMAL for television in Milan? Am I completely blanking? This happened?

Nice letter of thanks and update. Straightforward--left the melodrama out of it.

I don`t wonder about his ranking. I was in Rome, first night. A boring hall located far outside the city, five carnival cart with expensive drinks (0.3l Beer = 5,- Euro) and stinking food in front of the hall and inside half the audience was constantly busy to take pictures with their Smartphones. Moz + his band were great, but I`ve seen better Shows ....

I still can't believe he voted Pomona his 4th favorite show of 2009. Many of us thought we seriously were gonna have a gun pulled us by a crazy in queue.
The next night in San Diego was absolute magic.

Bologna was doity, doity. :cool:

Yep, interesting stuff and intriguing to hear about record company interest.
I guess they know they have an acclaimed album on their hands with a guaranteed, relatively big radio hit still to be released in Staircase.
Maybe they'd put a couple of the 14 extra songs he mentioned on it to broaden its appeal.

Well it certainly doesn't sound like he's running out of steam. That's good.

Maybe the momentum will continue into 2015.

Wonderful update! From the looks of the videos and reviews, these shows have definitely been a great start. I only wish I could have been there! I'm also excited to hear that several record labels are interesting in World Peace. That's extremely good news, indeed! Continued enthusiasm for the next part of the tour...let it roll! :)

He loves Italy. Probably has a lot to do with his wife's Italian descent.

This is the beginning of the end of the Euro tour since he is done with Italy. Time to to start cancelling.

"I should stress that we have no idea what the venues are like until we arrive at them. "

Come on now.

"The carefully preserved monotony of the music industry is a decline inflicted upon all of us by the dumb and the sterile, and their old tyranny should not be allowed air. Speak up and shout out!"

Self-inflicted. He could self-release if he wanted to and maybe end up in a better position, but he's too unwilling to take the risk. Who's more dumb and sterile? The fool or the fool who follows him (to quote Obi-Wan)? What reason do we have to fight the tyranny? He's a willing participant.

Last edited:
What a B is Mrs. Phyllis Torgo! She thinks M is supposed to visit all the potential venues he could play in before booking one just in case they misrepresent what they offer.

She thinks just because M doesn't self-release his album he is equivalent of the music director of all the ClearChannel and CBS stations and chooses the Top 10 to be repeated all day every day. He is the equivalent of radio listeners who love a song encouraging girls to be fat so the boys will hold their booties at night.

"I should stress that we have no idea what the venues are like until we arrive at them. "

Come on now.

"The carefully preserved monotony of the music industry is a decline inflicted upon all of us by the dumb and the sterile, and their old tyranny should not be allowed air. Speak up and shout out!"

Self-inflicted. He could self-release if he wanted to and maybe end up in a better position, but he's too unwilling to take the risk. Who's more dumb and sterile? The fool or the fool who follows him (to quote Obi-Wan)? What reason do we have to fight the tyranny? He's a willing participant.

Call me old fashioned but I think it's a little shitty to rank your own concert appearances on a public forum. Just imagine if you were that Roman teenager, still swooning from your first Morrissey concert, still daydreaming that it was as good for him as it was for you . . . and then you wake up to this. A wet sock in the face. That's right, in the face.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom