Italia! - Morrissey update on true-to-you.net

Call me old fashioned but I think it's a little shitty to rank your own concert appearances on a public forum. Just imagine if you were that Roman teenager, still swooning from your first Morrissey concert, still daydreaming that it was as good for him as it was for you . . . and then you wake up to this. A wet sock in the face. That's right, in the face.

I've always had mixed feelings about it myself. I mean, it's nice when a show you've seen gets ranked highly I suppose - but what exactly is the point ? Every show is a moment in time and everyone in the room (Moz/band included) has a different experience with it.

And yes, if he has a problem with the venues he has been playing he should hire a better tour manager.

A tour is rather complex to organise - often the venue is not chosen by the artist. I find it interesting to see what shows felt great to the artist, he's just offering his perspective. You don't get that from most. If the audience in Rome or Milan thought it was fantastic, then Moz and the band were very professional. What's not to like?

Call me old fashioned but I think it's a little shitty to rank your own concert appearances on a public forum. Just imagine if you were that Roman teenager, still swooning from your first Morrissey concert, still daydreaming that it was as good for him as it was for you . . . and then you wake up to this. A wet sock in the face. That's right, in the face.

Well said, he does'nt deserve any kind of devotion, he was so unfair with people of Rome with his statement, I'll ignore him for the rest of my life, that's what he deserves.

I am not inspirational I downloaded the book from pirate bay. I thought it was meh, and left myself wondering.... why does Moz hate fat people THAT much?!

Because his mom does probably. I mean a prominent photo he picked of his mom she's in a bikini, she probably is a bit fastidious about body image if she's half naked and sexy-looking in her legacy photo. So he picks up his fatwit from her and as he jokes, he seems like a fattist. But people quite close to him whom he loves wouldn't fit the bikini criteria so I wouldn't take his jokes seriously.

Last edited:
Because his mom does probably. I mean a prominent photo he picked of his mom she's in a bikini, she probably is a bit fastidious about body image if she's half naked and sexy-looking in her legacy photo. So he picks up his fatwit from her and as he jokes, he seems like a fattist. But people quite close to him whom he loves wouldn't fit the bikini criteria so I wouldn't take his jokes seriously.

Yeah a lot of people close to him are not yoga-fit. Some forget to point out that from his late 30s on he refers to himself as fat too.

I can relate. He was bone thin in the 80s, and then he wasn't. That f***s with your head. I went from a size 0 to a size 6/8 when I got off of adderall and I hate myself and hate to leave the house. It's awful.

I am not inspirational I downloaded the book from pirate bay. I thought it was meh, and left myself wondering.... why does Moz hate fat people THAT much?!

I don't think he hates fat people, but I think he sees it as a sign of weakness and an indicator of lack of control, and not just in others—I think it's clear from the book that he sees that in himself, too, and that he's disappointed in himself for gaining so much weight. There's probably a lot of projecting going on.

I don't think he hates fat people, but I think he sees it as a sign of weakness and an indicator of lack of control, and not just in others—I think it's clear from the book that he sees that in himself, too, and that he's disappointed in himself for gaining so much weight. There's probably a lot of projecting going on.

I think his writing voice is sometimes an asshole. That's all.

Can't believe he talked smack about his beloved Rome. Gelato will hate you now, Morrissey!

If Rome and Milan were awful then wait until he gets to London and Dublin, empty soulless stadium venues. So glad I got tickets for Paris on Monday. Autobiography should have been subtitled "based on a true story", that way people might have got the jokes rather than taking it at face value.

I was thinking the same way. It's really poor form to criticize your fans. If you had a miserable experience at a venue, don't go out of your way to publicize it. I've never seen a performer rank his gigs like this. WTF?

I'm not inspirational because I checked the book (paper and audio) out from the library and loved it! That's okay, I don't have such a fragile ego that I need M to acknowledge that I'm inspirational and I certainly don't think use of the word "fat" is automatically hateful. Not at all. I do think that people like DavidK are fat and insecure about it. Don't be insecure. You chose to be fat. Take the consequences of your choices like a man.

Good call Alain and dociwestchester ! Silly for Moz to slap down fans who forked over alot of money and waited months for his show .

Do we have to visit the fat "agenda " again ? Mozzy is his own man ............ deal with it or put down the book !

Last edited:

I don't think he hates fat people. He hates the fat form. He finds it aesthetically displeasing. The human body is a magnificent work of art and beauty when it is toned and lean. Fat ruins this--making the body and face shapeless.

Yeah a lot of people close to him are not yoga-fit. Some forget to point out that from his late 30s on he refers to himself as fat too.

I can relate. He was bone thin in the 80s, and then he wasn't. That f***s with your head. I went from a size 0 to a size 6/8 when I got off of adderall and I hate myself and hate to leave the house. It's awful.

Would you love yourself and leave the house if you were size 0 again? If so, go back on the Adderall.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom