It would seem Jesse Tobias has taken some guitar lessons in the last 3 months...

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1074

"You're The One For Me Fatty" solo:

July

November

Seven years and showing some improvement...I'm impressed, Jesse. So impressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! Jesse gets a lot of stick on here (more like a whole lumber yard).
The first version is not only bad (and typical Jesse squelch kerrang), it's disrespectful to Alain.

Second version is has some "personal touches" but it's a far sight better.

And seconding what I said on my other thread "Slimmer Mozzer" Morrissey seems to have gotten some of his 90s mojo back. It's nothing too obvious but it seems like, even since July, he's shed some of the cabaret and is just...loose and limber.

If the quality keeps up/gets better let's hope for a good live album from this leg of the tour!

July

November

Nice! Jesse gets a lot of stick on here (more like a whole lumber yard).
The first version is not only bad (and typical Jesse squelch kerrang), it's disrespectful to Alain.

And I've gotten a lumber yard for pointing such things out, not accepting Jesse's not leaving, blah blah blah. BUT he really does hard by the lead parts in Alain's songs, or has done in the past. Even Alain's leads in Boz songs. His take on "Reader Meet Author" was TRAGIC. There's putting your own stamp on things and just flat out ignoring the melody.

Also 2mins on into Ouija Board is pretty good:)

Heavy Metal version of Ouija there. In and of itself I don't mind it so much but it's OTT and not what this 60s-esque "death song" really needs.
Still, I can't take my eyes of Morrissey in these latest clips. He's totally ON.

July

November

The July version is horrid! the difference between the two is quite obvious, so yes, perhaps some guitar lessons have been had. I think the point about Morrissey moving about more is also apparent between the two clips - he looks much better in the recent clip.

I think King Lear has a super man crush on Morrissey this tour. :p

Hah. I never get tired of watching the Mozfather, but I suppose I felt a sea change in his live shows from 2002 onward.
Just got a bit of a 90s frisson with these latest clips.

Someone in the other thread postulated he might be in pashernate love.
Whatever the case, I do think his personal life affects his writing and shows.

I think King Lear has a super man crush on Morrissey this tour. :p

Hah. I never get tired of watching the Mozfather, but I suppose I felt a sea change in his live shows from 2002 onward.
Just got a bit of a 90s frisson with these latest clips.

Someone in the other thread postulated he might be in pashernate love.
Whatever the case, I do think his personal life affects his writing and shows.

I agree. He's captivating lately. And someone on Quiffaa's site wrote that he said he is happy, which is a good thing. You can tell, the miserablist that everyone wants to be miserable has a secret and it flows though his gestures and voice.

I agree. He's captivating lately. And someone on Quiffaa's site wrote that he said he is happy, which is a good thing. You can tell, the miserablist that everyone wants to be miserable has a secret and it flows though his gestures and voice.

He said he was happy in 2006, too, but most people hated Ringleader.
Honestly, I don't buy for a second the concept that he's been significantly miserable since at the most recent 1997. Cranky, certainly, but not miserable.

He said he was happy in 2006, too, but most people hated Ringleader.
Honestly, I don't buy for a second the concept that he's been significantly miserable since at the most recent 1997. Cranky, certainly, but not miserable.

My point was that fans seem to have an expectation that he be miserable, that he be in an eternal state of lovelorn or whatever. He is the archetype of lonliness. I'm not saying he is miserable, I don't know the guy or exactly how he's feeling, this is just what I've gathered talking to fans.

My point was that fans seem to have an expectation that he be miserable, that he be in an eternal state of lovelorn or whatever. He is the archetype of lonliness. I'm not saying he is miserable, I don't know the guy or exactly how he's feeling, this is just what I've gathered talking to fans.
It has always annoyed me that non Morrissey fans always associate Smiths/Moz music with being miserable. This is nonsense. His music is joyous and uplifting! I am, ofcourse, biased.

It has always annoyed me that non Morrissey fans always associate Smiths/Moz music with being miserable. This is nonsense. His music is joyous and uplifting! I am, ofcourse, biased.

This too. I was kind of talking about some of his fans. I think they would be disappointed that their Leader of Lonely wasn't lonely, like he owes it to them to support him so long as he represents that time in their life when they weren't bonking their current boyfriend or when they were sad about that thing. :straightface: I imagine if Morrissey were pictured canoodling his boyfriend or whatever and the mystery was gone, this place would light up like a Christmas tree with all the nasties judging his choice to NOT be lonely. I could be wrong. Doesn't matter I guess. I don't see MOrrissey engaging in PDA anyway. :D

Back
Top Bottom