It is Okay to be a Nationalist: Morrissey and national identity - Ramzpaul

Hasn’t this been happening since he first sang England for the English

I wonder how many liberal-left fans Morrissey has lost in the last few days? And whether they will be replaced by new Alt-Right fans who think he is endorsing ethno-nationalist 'blood and soil' notions of nationhood? It's interesting to compare with the Taylor Swift jihad by left-wingers. They denounce her for failing to formally distance herself from Alt-Right types who bizarrely claim her as an 'Aryan Goddess' even though she's said nothing to indicate even tangential support for their views. Will those people now demand Morrissey denounce the likes of 'ramzpaul' who quite clearly thinks Morrissey is endorsing an explicitly white Europe.

I wonder how many liberal-left fans Morrissey has lost in the last few days? And whether they will be replaced by new Alt-Right fans who think he is endorsing ethno-nationalist 'blood and soil' notions of nationhood? It's interesting to compare with the Taylor Swift jihad by left-wingers. They denounce her for failing to formally distance herself from Alt-Right types who bizarrely claim her as an 'Aryan Goddess' even though she's said nothing to indicate even tangential support for their views. Will those people now demand Morrissey denounce the likes of 'ramzpaul' who quite clearly thinks Morrissey is endorsing an explicitly white Europe.

How well the Brixton date sells will be an indicator I reckon.

I wonder how many of the people who've bought tickets to the UK/Ireland tour have bought 'Low In High School'....

Not as many people who have bought tickets for his gigs I reckon. That’s his problem though, people will go to his gigs to enjoy his, in the main, fantastic back catalogue (including myself) but are not overly interested in his new material.

I saw how the Nazis began to pay attention to Morrissey, though with some criticism:
https://www.stormfront.org/forum/t1232069/

I was surprised by a comment in that thread:
https://www.stormfront.org/forum/t1232069-3/?postcount=29#post14309012
think we do agree on child abuse but these comments (which I hadn't read before as who cares was Morrgay says, usually
tongue.gif
) don't make his comments about replacement wrong. Doesn't mean we have to like Morrisey but a lot of people do and we can show them now that their beloved hero is a White Nationalist at heart.

I did exactly that earlier, a liberal colleague and former Smiths fan. She got a little annoyed and called Morrisey an idiot. I guess everyone hates him for one reason or another haha.

The REAL Nazis don't like him because he's gay... and the comments on Spacey were not well received by the Nazis. The Leftists don't like the comments on Spacey, nor his comments on immigration....

I don't know if Kevin Spacey likes his comments on immigration.

What he did is weird... he became more political than ever, and yet his ideas can't be fully endorsed by any "political ideology" (the leftists won't endorse his ideas, the Nazis won't endorse his ideas, the KKK won't endorse his ideas, the Black Panthers won't endorse his ideas, the singer of Garbage won't endorse his ideas, etc)... It is hard to say WHO can fully endorse his ideas.

Reckon this blood Yank doesn't know what he is talking about. Reckon if Uncle Steve identifies more with L.A. or Malibu or if he identifies more with the potato tacos at The Sunset Marquis or that taco shop in East L.A. he sends Damon to. Why don't you people wake up and post about the things Steve really cares about.

FYI foreigners-The Black Panthers haven't existed since 1970. They are all black yuppies now living in Simi Valley. Nazis are Germans. Stop making huge generalizations just because some white people hate other races.

PS-Reckon do any of you chaps have a an authentic New Era New York Yankee cap up here in Bryton? I will trade me autographed photo of Neds Atomic Dustbin at Liver Pool Polytechnic United.

Last edited:
The guy in the video definitely spent time in Bristol about 40 years ago...

“When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European, or anything else, you are being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind. When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality, by tradition, it breeds violence. So a man who is seeking to understand violence does not belong to any country, to any religion, to any political party or partial system; he is concerned with the total understanding of mankind.”

- J. KRISHNAMURTI

just something to think about.

Look all he was saying is he likes disparate cultures and wishes they would continue to exist.....and like an old man he hates change,

Even better (worse???)
http://www.side-line.com/morrissey-...nations-identity-i-want-germany-to-be-german/
Morrissey attacks Merkel for destroying nation’s identity: ‘I want Germany to be German’
Smiths frontman Morrissey has gone full force in an interview with the German news magazine Der Spiegel defending Europe’s cultural roots. In the interview he says: “I want Germany to be German. I want France to be French. If you try to make everything multicultural, you will not have any culture in the end.” And he continues: “All European countries have fought for their identity for many, many years. And now they just throw it away. I think that’s sad.”
When asked if he sees the German Chancellor Merkel as the “mother” of Europe, due to her enduring years as the leader of the country and her power within the EU, Morrissey replies: “She stays silent, which is very interesting. But I’m sad that Berlin has become the rape capital… because of the open borders.”
Morrissey went on to praise the UK Brexit (although he did not say if he endorses it): “The outcome of the Brexit referendum fascinates me because it was a victory for democracy. The people said yes. Whether or not to endorse Brexit is another matter, but I was very proud of the British.”
Let’s see what the Morrissey fans make of this.
In the interview he also defends Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein. “As far as I know, he was in a bedroom with a 14-year-old. Kevin Spacey was 26, boy 14. One wonders where the boy’s parents were.” Morrissey clarified that he condemned sexual violence against anyone, yet he also says that on some occasions “the person referred to as a victim is merely disappointed”.
“People know exactly what’s going on,” he said when asked about Weinstein. “And they play along. Afterwards, they feel embarrassed or disliked. And then they turn it around and say: ‘I was attacked, I was surprised’. But if everything went well, and if it had given them a great career, they would not talk about it.” The former Smiths singer also argued that definitions of harassment and assault have become too broad.
"Berlin has become the rape capital", where's the proofs, mister morrissey?

"If you try to make everything multicultural, you will not have any culture in the end", Really? For someone who left England (and by the way, who claimed is he was not really english at this time) 25 years ago (a quarter of century !!!), who live in LA (one of the big multicultural city in the world), who try to be a mariachi on the last albums (I can't wait to see him in Germany, dress wiht a lederhose on stage !)

"As far as I know, he was in a bedroom with a 14-year-old. Kevin Spacey was 26, boy 14. One wonders where the boy’s parents were.", Are you very serious? It's easy to forgot some parts of the testimony of the victim. So the responsable was he boy (and his parents), a 14-year-old boy.
OK, so all the victims of rap and sexual assault are responsable, not (only) the raper, if I right understood.
It means cleary that Morrissey haven't kids (fortunatly for them) because, you don't react like this when you have child (normally).
And I find very weird to say this things and after, during a gig, to bring a child on stage... very strange.... Really...

"I want Germany to be German. I want France to be French", What do you know about the german people wants or the frenchs peoople wants. You don't speak in their names, and unless in my name (I'm french.... Nobody's perfect).

IN CONCLUSION
Your statements during the last decade (brexit, nationalism, sexual harassment, KFC’s case, police brutalities, Manchester bombing, etc ...) do not make me sad, but relieved. Relieved, because for me it's like the end of a long story that we want to hang on.... But now my eyes and my mind are wide open.

Musically, I had a hard time finding you on the last albums (and I do not speak of the last one in date), but I said to myself, it doesn’t matter, the next will be better.... But in fact this go along with your statements in recent years.

I have no regrets to say that from now on MORRISSEY, YOU DO NOT REPRESENT ANYHING FOR ME ANYMORE.... Thing that I could never imagine saying or writing one day.

I would listen surely, even if it will take time, your old albums with nostalgia (not the last three albums, must not mess either).

But never again will I spend a euro (yes ... no frenchxit for now) for one of your records, t-shirts or other goodies, and let alone for a ticket

I remember a time when I was proud to wear a t-shirt with your name or image on it, but that time is over.
And as you sang so well "One Goodbye Day Will Be Farewell" and good for me this day has arrived....

Farewell

Look all he was saying is he likes disparate cultures and wishes they would continue to exist.....and like an old man he hates change,
All cultures change, and just because immigrants immigrate to other countries doesn't mean that culture is going to be erased. Future generations will decide what kind of culture they want to live in, and what constitutes national identity. It's not going to be decided by the generations on their way out.

Even in Japan, which is a very nationalistic, and tightly controlled culture, is experiencing a shift in their culture due to globalization. They are being influenced, and some old ways are dying. It's normal. The future isn't there to please past generation's. The globalization of pop culture alone has greater influence on cultures than immigration does.

Much of radical Islam's resentment has to do with what they see as the ever increasing liberalization of their culture, and their religion. It's a nationalistic resentment, as much as it is a religious one. In many Islmaic countries, they're entwined. Both nationalism, and religion tend to attract the same personality types. Both have been horrible mechanisms for keeping people safe, and are good at causing deeper problems for their countries.

Homogenized cultures are no longer useful. It's a feature of the past. Most traditions are pointless, and can be shed without much consequence. Traditions that last tend to do so because they serve a purpose. The ones that stop serving a purpose, face backlash, erosion, and ultimately, abandonment.

Globalization is natural. Tribalism is not. Tribalism made more sense when the world was smaller, and allies and resources were not as accessible as they are now. Trade has reduced its practicality even more.

Nationalism divides people, and makes them more likely to attack others, and more vulnerable to being attacked themselves. Again, it's very similar to religion in its negative influence on how people think. It can make them less ethical, and less sympathetic toward other human beings.

All cultures change, and just because immigrants immigrate to other countries doesn't mean that culture is going to be erased. Future generations will decide what kind of culture they want to live in, and what constitutes national identity. It's not going to be decided by the generations on their way out.

Even in Japan, which is a very nationalistic, and tightly controlled culture, is experiencing a shift in their culture due to globalization. They are being influenced, and some old ways are dying. It's normal. The future isn't there to please past generation's. The globalization of pop culture alone has greater influence on cultures than immigration does.

Much of radical Islam's resentment has to do with what they see as the ever increasing liberalization of their culture, and their religion. It's a nationalistic resentment, as much as it is a religious one. In many Islmaic countries, they're entwined. Both nationalism, and religion tend to attract the same personality types. Both have been horrible mechanisms for keeping people safe, and are good at causing deeper problems for their countries.

Homogenized cultures are no longer useful. It's a feature of the past. Most traditions are pointless, and can be shed without much consequence. Traditions that last tend to do so because they serve a purpose. The ones that stop serving a purpose, face backlash, erosion, and ultimately, abandonment.

Globalization is natural. Tribalism is not. Tribalism made more sense when the world was smaller, and allies and resources were not as accessible as they are now. Trade has reduced its practicality even more.

Nationalism divides people, and makes them more likely to attack others, and more vulnerable to being attacked themselves. Again, it's very similar to religion in its negative influence on how people think. It can make them less ethical, and less sympathetic toward other human beings.

Yes, all cultures change. But it is a long established fact that when those changes occur at a natural pace, that they are largely accepted without huge problems. It is when those changes occur quickly and dramatically that they always cause huge issues and that is what we are seeing at the moment.

You mentioned Japan, but Japan controls its borders and allows new entrants because it has a declining population and because it needed outside workers to do the least desirable jobs. There are certainly no calls in Japan to bring in uncontrolled immigration.

It is not as simple as nationalism dividing people as it is not exactly a coincidence that so many countries find themselves battling the same problems at the same time.

Identity is the essence of our being - it is what makes us human. Yes - strip away our identities and we're all the same underneath. But 'underneath' is what we are, not who we are. That's why people cling to their identities so stubbornly. To relinquish or compromise your identity is to cease to exist.

This is uniquely human, and that's why humanity = identity = spirit. Animals don't have identities. They have personalities, they have natures, they have character but not identity. Nor do we when we're born. We're born with natures, personalities, characters, we are born animals. We become human as we acquire identity.

Identity is the product of human civilization: language, ideas, beliefs, customs, complex social relationships, social institutions, roles, long term memory, education - these are what create our identities along with our physical being and our innate characteristics.

But all these things that comprise our identity, all these products of civilization, are ultimately meaningless. The Earth would get along fine without Mankind - and Mankind would still exist as a species if we had never evolved into 'civilized humans'. Religion and politics are just so much sound and fury - significant to us, but signifying nothing from a larger perspective. They represent arbitrary ideas and notions; and because religious and political identities are not rooted in any fundamental truth, they breed insecurity. All identities are perpetually kingdoms under siege, because identity cannot be fixed and immutable - it must change and it will change. Gradual change is imperceptible; sudden change is traumatic and amounts to the death of one's self, even when/where it doesn't equate to physical destruction - if, for example, we are suddenly not allowed to speak our own language, or express our own beliefs.

Modern Western nation-states have rendered the issues of identity and migration more complex, because of all cultural identities are subsumed by the greater need for the mobilization of capital and workforce, and the maximization of profit. We are asked to tolerate and to celebrate multiculturalism - which would be a noble end in itself - but the underlying reality is that multiculturalism is predominantly the product of forced migration, of peoples being uprooted and supplanted into environments they don't really want to be in, but have had to go to in search of a living. Money talks.

The bottom line is that the predominant socio-cultural components that make up our identity always have been, and always will be, imposed on us from above - from the upper echelons of society, our lords and masters who determine our mores and values, and who we are and what we are not, and what ideas it is 'socially acceptable' to express. Speaking out against the conventional social values and mores of the day (as Morrissey does) only serves to open up ideas for debate, which in turn ultimately serves simply to highlight the fact that all human 'truths' and all human identities are arbitrary, subject to change and resistant to change. That is why they generate so much conflict.

If years of second rate dreadful musical output wasn't enough to alienate and push away long standing followers. Then the self indulgent live set lists of cover versions and b sides when you've got 30 years+ of material pushed away plenty more. I have increasingly began to see Morrissey over the last 10 years as an old best mate from school who you only keep in touch with because you were close 25 years ago and actually you've got nothing in common and you've realised he's turned into an absolute dick and if you met him today you'd have absolutely nothing to do with him. Lets be honest, the new album is appalling.

The recent rants on race and rape , UKIP etc. crosses the line for me. I'm done. Thanks for the Smiths and thanks for about 20% the total solo output.

Morrissey and national identity - RAMZPAUL

"It is OK to be a nationalist. Native Indians are nationalists. Jews are nationalists for their people. We can be the same."

Regards,
FWD.

Just who is this "we"? It is English, Welsh, Scottish or Northern Irish? It has to be one. It cannot be all as the United Kingdom is not a nation in itself but a collection of nation states. Another vague reference from a man that left his beloved England quite some time ago. If Morrissey is declaring his English nationalism then he is doing so at a distance: presumably Switzerland or the US. The man is a political ignoramus.

Back
Top Bottom