It is Okay to be a Nationalist: Morrissey and national identity - Ramzpaul

This place, genius.

Immigration to Europe and 'multiculturalism' is a cloaking device to avoid facing up to painful realities.

I've seen this video before and it's really thought provoking. the answer which he provides at the end is of course the obvious one, but uncomfortable for many.

Oh, we've lost our boy.

"But we should know,
Where he's gone,
Because again and again he's explained..."

Why haven't we believed him all these years when he's told us repeatedly what he believes? I myself plead guilty. I hoped that it wasn't him singing "England for the English" but "David". Alas, it was Morrissey this whole time...

I remember reading a few years back that at that time there were more Malien doctors practicing in Manchester alone than in the whole of Mali. They qualify and they, perhaps quite understandably, can’t get out quick enough.

Meanwhile NGOs, funded in no small part by western governments, were sending doctors to treat the desperate people of Mali. Presumably these highly trained medical people were on occasion passing by each other at the airport.

One day, I hope, the authorities might decide that instead of sending aid across the globe, developed nations might each twin themselves with a less developed one. The UK’s 1.7% of GDP can’t make an impact across the entire globe, but imagine if it went only to a nation of a similar geographic or population size. It could change an entire country within a decade.

Sadly, it won’t be tried, so we’ll never find out if it would work. It would be deemed too colonialist.

who has made such wonderful, touching music (excluding the current excrement),

to each his own,etc. but LIHS is a pretty amazing album, to say the least.

“When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European, or anything else, you are being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind. When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality, by tradition, it breeds violence. So a man who is seeking to understand violence does not belong to any country, to any religion, to any political party or partial system; he is concerned with the total understanding of mankind.”

- J. KRISHNAMURTI

just something to think about.

All that is is impractical absolutism though. We shouldn't call ourselves male or female. No one should celebrate Christmas. No one should identify as fans of particular sports teams—the list goes on. This is the case because all of these things generate division and conflict.

Hmmm. Right. John Lennon's "Imagine." Sounds great. Let's all join a cult and sing kumbaya and drink the Kool-aid.

In reality and in practice, such beliefs do not work. Empty sentimentality is losing its appeal because it is clear that these beliefs leave us with nothing: no foundation to build on, nothing to care about, nothing unique, no place to call home.

On the other hand, if every nation conducted itself along the lines of Israel and Japan, all of the conflicts in the world would be resolved over time, and third-world nations might actually begin to have a foundation to build on. The current model has failed. It is time to look at models that have actually shown success.

It is no mystery though as to why those who support the globalist model do not actually want a more peaceful world based on strong nation-states. We understand the various economic interests associated with war and globalism.

Morrissey is not on the ball about everything, and I think he is still contending with the realities of today's complicated world, but he is right about nationalism and the concept of the nation-state. One can hardly deny it at this point. All that we can hope is that more people wake up to this reality before the globalist tyrants cause further destruction to our societies.

All cultures change, and just because immigrants immigrate to other countries doesn't mean that culture is going to be erased. Future generations will decide what kind of culture they want to live in, and what constitutes national identity. It's not going to be decided by the generations on their way out.

Even in Japan, which is a very nationalistic, and tightly controlled culture, is experiencing a shift in their culture due to globalization. They are being influenced, and some old ways are dying. It's normal. The future isn't there to please past generation's. The globalization of pop culture alone has greater influence on cultures than immigration does.

Much of radical Islam's resentment has to do with what they see as the ever increasing liberalization of their culture, and their religion. It's a nationalistic resentment, as much as it is a religious one. In many Islmaic countries, they're entwined. Both nationalism, and religion tend to attract the same personality types. Both have been horrible mechanisms for keeping people safe, and are good at causing deeper problems for their countries.

Homogenized cultures are no longer useful. It's a feature of the past. Most traditions are pointless, and can be shed without much consequence. Traditions that last tend to do so because they serve a purpose. The ones that stop serving a purpose, face backlash, erosion, and ultimately, abandonment.

Globalization is natural. Tribalism is not. Tribalism made more sense when the world was smaller, and allies and resources were not as accessible as they are now. Trade has reduced its practicality even more.

Nationalism divides people, and makes them more likely to attack others, and more vulnerable to being attacked themselves. Again, it's very similar to religion in its negative influence on how people think. It can make them less ethical, and less sympathetic toward other human beings.

The key point here is that the Japanese are deciding for themselves how their society looks moving forward. Right now, the English, the Germans, the French, etc. are having that decided for them by foreign oligarchs. There is a huge difference.

Native Americans don't have a nation since their land was stolen from them by white Europeans, who certainly did not stay in their own country (this is not your country?), and they have lived as 2nd class or 3rd class citizens ever since, exactly like the aborigines (do you see a theme?). So don't give us this nationalist bullshit. He's just like Trump, so I don't see what he objects to about Trump. Such a shame someone so talented, who has made such wonderful, touching music (excluding the current excrement), turns out to be a vile racist.

You missed the point. Morrissey's argument is that Aboriginals have a right to be nationalists and forge their own way forward based on their own identity and culture. If you think that the European conquest of North America was terrible, why would you support the conquest of England, Germany, or France by foreign invaders? Perhaps you are dealing with a bias of some kind.

All that is is impractical absolutism though. We shouldn't call ourselves male or female. No one should celebrate Christmas. No one should identify as fans of particular sports teams—the list goes on. This is the case because all of these things generate division and conflict.

Hmmm. Right. John Lennon's "Imagine." Sounds great. Let's all join a cult and sing kumbaya and drink the Kool-aid.

In reality and in practice, such beliefs do not work. Empty sentimentality is losing its appeal because it is clear that these beliefs leave us with nothing: no foundation to build on, nothing to care about, nothing unique, no place to call home.

On the other hand, if every nation conducted itself along the lines of Israel and Japan, all of the conflicts in the world would be resolved over time, and third-world nations might actually begin to have a foundation to build on. The current model has failed. It is time to look at models that have actually shown success.

It is no mystery though as to why those who support the globalist model do not actually want a more peaceful world based on strong nation-states. We understand the various economic interests associated with war and globalism.

Morrissey is not on the ball about everything, and I think he is still contending with the realities of today's complicated world, but he is right about nationalism and the concept of the nation-state. One can hardly deny it at this point. All that we can hope is that more people wake up to this reality before the globalist tyrants cause further destruction to our societies.

'you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one, hope some day you will join us, and the world will live as one'

I voted Leave as a protest against Fortress Europe aka the European Union. The very concept revolts and disgusts me. A gang of nations that used to be at war with each other to see who could be top-dog imperialist realised that game was up so they joined forces together to ensure Fortress Europa would continue. The sickening racism of the EU is detestable but it has a cloaking device, fake Multiculturalism, whereby the cosmopolitan elite delude themselves that they aren't racist because they see some brown and black faces in their neighbourhood- yet they ignore the fact that every European political party pledges to continue with absolutely oppressive trade policies which ensure most black and brown people are trapped in poverty.

Anyone who supports the European Union as it is currently constituted is supporting a violently racist regime which perpetuates global poverty and injustice. That specifically includes nearly every African government today which act as EU enablers and puppets....There is nothing to stop the UK from adopting a different approach once we Brexit. Nothing to stop us from trading fairly with African nations and training our own young people and stop stealing nurses and doctors from desperate countries. The first wave of colonialism was to go to non-European countries and steal physical resources. As those non-European countries tried to develop, the tactic changed: instead of stealing raw physical resources the 'developed world' now steals brainpower and technical skills so that any non-European country (US/Japan as well) can NEVER develop.

You won't hear any of this on ANY 'mainstream media' channel because they are all part of the nonsense. Don't expect Afua Hirsch to write an article along these lines in The Guardian. I'm watching the BBC blather on about 'hope and change' in Zimbabwe where another ZANU-PF nutjob with a history of tyranny has replaced Mugabe. ...

I support the rights of individual asylum seekers, economic refugees and other displaced peoples to try and reach sanctuary in Europe. If I was in their shoes I'd try to do it and send back remittances to those who are trapped.

I do not support the racist construct of 'Fortress Europa' which deliberately creates the conditions that make their perilous exodus a risk worth taking. That's why I voted to Leave. That's why I detest the European Union - because I detest racists....

How the EU starves Africa into submission

It is estimated that Africa imports nearly 83 per cent of its food

https://capx.co/how-the-eu-starves-africa-into-submission/

true_size_of_africa_v3-da3dd38e.jpg

While European colonial history in Africa is often ignored it is shocking that this brutal regime of economic domination continues today through the institutions of the European Union. Moreover it has been going on since the inception of the European Economic Community and all attempts to reform it have failed.

While a vote to leave the EU on Thursday will not stop this European-wide criminal colonial enterprise immediately a vote to remain will be one that endorses it.

Brian Denny is a spokesman for Trade Unionists Against the EU

http://www.tuaeu.co.uk/how-the-eu-starves-africa/

Reckon this blood Yank doesn't know what he is talking about. Reckon if Uncle Steve identifies more with L.A. or Malibu or if he identifies more with the potato tacos at The Sunset Marquis or that taco shop in East L.A. he sends Damon to. Why don't you people wake up and post about the things Steve really cares about.

FYI foreigners-The Black Panthers haven't existed since 1970. They are all black yuppies now living in Simi Valley. Nazis are Germans. Stop making huge generalizations just because some white people hate other races.

PS-Reckon do any of you chaps have a an authentic New Era New York Yankee cap up here in Bryton? I will trade me autographed photo of Neds Atomic Dustbin at Liver Pool Polytechnic United.

A small group of new Black Panthers have marched and preached at recent events -

Native Americans don't have a nation since their land was stolen from them by white Europeans, who certainly did not stay in their own country (this is not your country?), and they have lived as 2nd class or 3rd class citizens ever since, exactly like the aborigines (do you see a theme?). So don't give us this nationalist bullshit. He's just like Trump, so I don't see what he objects to about Trump. Such a shame someone so talented, who has made such wonderful, touching music (excluding the current excrement), turns out to be a vile racist.

Trump made it to the White House on the nationalist card, indeed. When people are suppressed, they often rally around a nationalist call, but is the USA suppressed? At the heart of extreme nationalism is something insatiable that craves world domination. And with American military forces based in about 80% of countries around the planet, that ultimate supremacy is near at hand.

I've seen this video before and it's really thought provoking. the answer which he provides at the end is of course the obvious one, but uncomfortable for many.

So the guy in the video is claiming that the basis of US immigration policy is in order to help poor people around the world?
And this is how we should evaluate it's success?

Lol, pull the other one.

What he did is weird... he became more political than ever, and yet his ideas can't be fully endorsed by any "political ideology" (the leftists won't endorse his ideas, the Nazis won't endorse his ideas, the KKK won't endorse his ideas, the Black Panthers won't endorse his ideas, the singer of Garbage won't endorse his ideas, etc)... It is hard to say WHO can fully endorse his ideas.

Weird, it's like he's an individual who thinks and speaks for himself. WHO could fully endorse that? I don't know about you, but I can't enjoy someone's music unless I agree with all aspects of their politics and all of their public statement.

So the guy in the video is claiming that the basis of US immigration policy is in order to help poor people around the world?
And this is how we should evaluate it's success?

Lol, pull the other one.
No, his point is the Left often lobby for increased immigration as a way to solve many 3rd world issues, when it clearly isn’t.

No, his point is the Left often lobby for increased immigration as a way to solve many 3rd world issues, when it clearly isn’t.
Fair enough, although he really skims over the topic not including things like remittances ($429 billion to developing countries in 2016), some emigrants returning home with new skills etc.

(edit: Also if this guy is not dealing with the primary arguments for immigration, then he can't be said to be giving a significant rebuttal against immigration policy here either, which seems to be the implication)

Last edited:
Fair enough, although he really skims over the topic not including things like remittances, some emigrants returning home with new skills etc.

Yeah but not enough return home and that's the problem. If only the Middle East and Africa could stabilise and flourish then we can potentially see some stabilization. This idea that Europe and North America primarily can solve the woes of both these regions by just continuing to ramp up the mass immigration is nuts in that A) It won't solve the problem and B) Will bankrupt the 1st world countries that are attempting to help.

It feels like that analogy of give a man to fish or give him the fishing rod so he can feed himself.

Yeah but not enough return home and that's the problem. If only the Middle East and Africa could stabilise and flourish then we can potentially see some stabilization. This idea that Europe and North America primarily can solve the woes of both these regions by just continuing to ramp up the mass immigration is nuts in that A) It won't solve the problem and B) Will bankrupt the 1st world countries that are attempting to help.

It feels like that analogy of give a man to fish or give him the fishing rod so he can feed himself.
Sure, I think most people would agree with that . But I don't honestly think many people (even 'leftists') are so naive to believe that mass immigration is the answer.

From a European perspective, it seems very odd that the spike in immigration to Europe seems to be constantly obsessed on by the US media. (even to the extent of people on this board posting utterly ridiculous things like 'oh well that's Europe off my holiday list' or similar)

I mean, these things happen when there is a civil war in a relatively nearby country. People seem to think that Europe for example had border walls for the past few thousand years, where obviously it hadn't. But the individual countries still managed to keep their own culture, or at the very least, it didn't homogenize into a single faceless 'multi-culturalism' which people seem to be paranoid about.

Last edited:
Sure, I think most people would agree with that . But I don't honestly think many people (even 'leftists') are so naive to believe that mass immigration is the answer.

From a European perspective, it seems very odd that the spike in immigration to Europe seems to be constantly obsessed on by the US media. (even to the extent of people on this board posting utterly ridiculous things like 'oh well that's Europe off my holiday list' or similar)

I mean, these things happen when there is a civil war in a relatively nearby country. People seem to think that Europe for example had border walls for the past few thousand years, where obviously it hadn't. But the individual countries still managed to keep their own culture, or at the very least, it didn't homogenize into a single faceless 'multi-culturalism' which people seem to be paranoid about.

Well we'll respectfully disagree about that. To my mind the Left have this almost obsessive zeal about immigration. I think folks have become obsessive about the homogenization of cultures due to the sheer numbers flooding in to some countries. Have we seen this much immigration in such a short time in the history of humanity? What did Merkel alone take in one year? Something like a million or even more? Astonishing numbers. Is that sustainable? Do the countries involved have the infrastructure in place to cope with these types of numbers? My hunch is 'no' and it is making people nervous and this creating a vacuum for which far-right parties are now starting to fill.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom