It is Okay to be a Nationalist: Morrissey and national identity - Ramzpaul

As those non-European countries tried to develop, the tactic changed: instead of stealing raw physical resources the 'developed world' now steals brainpower and technical skills so that any non-European country (US/Japan as well) can NEVER develop.

true_size_of_africa_v3-da3dd38e.jpg

Or, the wealthy send their offspring overseas to be educated in western universities thus acquiring the resources of those places of higher education only to return to their native lands with no infrastructure to use those skills. The countries that have educated these folksy are not stealing the brainpower, as they helped create it. They are invested in it.

Last edited:
Or, the wealthy send their offspring overseas to be educated in western universities thus acquiring the resources of those places of higher education only to return to their native lands with no infrastructure to use those skills. The countries that have educated these folksy are not stealing the brainpower, as they helped created it. They are invested in it.

Hope you have a good Thanksgiving!

The following comment may be too common-sense for a great many on here to comprehend but what if Morrissey is not a racist, not a nationalist, not a supporter of right wing politics but just anti establishment and pro-people?

Morrissey said that the Brexit result was magnificent - not that Brexit is magnificent. And the result was magnificent. It put the MSM on the defensive, gave most British politicians the shits, and defied the constant threats of Dodgy Dave Cameron, who lost his job. Morrissey hates establishment, hates the Tories, and has often been quoted saying the people are ignored by both.

Americans are nationalists so they are nazi racists according to european standards.

Exactly. It sounds so nice, doesn't it? Until you wake up one day and find that you're Winston in 1984, and that living as one means that you are not allowed to have a mind of your own, and everyone has handed over absolute power to the state so that they can share equally in misery. How lovely!

easy to see what your saying. But if we stop dreaming... then certainly a 1984 will happen. The dream that there may be something better than what we're allowed to know keeps a 1984 situation from happening. To dream and create and hope for something better than what's forced upon us as the only reality that we must believe in is the thing that keeps the human species moving forward. The energy of dreaming and of hope is what will move us forward in a positive direction, not putting up walls between us with belief systems that stand on foundations of ignorance and fear of the unknown.

Humanity has a long way to go.

The following comment may be too common-sense for a great many on here to comprehend but what if Morrissey is not a racist, not a nationalist, not a supporter of right wing politics but just anti establishment and pro-people?

Morrissey said that the Brexit result was magnificent - not that Brexit is magnificent. And the result was magnificent. It put the MSM on the defensive, gave most British politicians the shits, and defied the constant threats of Dodgy Dave Cameron, who lost his job. Morrissey hates establishment, hates the Tories, and has often been quoted saying the people are ignored by both.

I think to go along with what you say, it is the case that "liberalism" has been turned on its head in the past few years. What is considered to be liberal now by a lot of people is not liberal at all, such as support for the European Union or the suppression of freedom of expression. As a result, many traditional liberals who no longer fit on the liberal-progressive side of things have turned toward the conservative-libertarian side of things because, interestingly, conservatism now seems actually to be a liberal discipline in the true sense of the word, at least partially.

It is difficult to discuss left versus right as a binary because of course it is more complicated than that. This is likely why people like Morrissey seem like radical progressives on some positions and staunch conservatives on others. Progressive liberalism is clearly broken, and conservative liberalism is taking its place for many level-headed, centrist-types who would have called themselves liberals five or ten years ago.

Today, however, if you are even a centrist, you risk being called far-right, alt-right, racist, sexist, Nazi, transphobic, or any other such meaningless name simply for daring to use your own mind and disagree with one of the postulates of the new left. Certainly, the result is bringing about more extremism and fragmentation on both sides and in all areas in between. The consequence is that more and more people are going to be reviled by the modern left over time if things continue in the way that they are going.

I think in regard to the right, people have certainly made efforts to denounce the extremists. No one likes the KKK and those types. The danger is an even bigger and well-funded and still widely undenounced radical element on the left that, if left unchecked, could bring about some increasingly ugly consequences. The hammer-and-sickle-banner-wielders are no better than the Swastika-banner-wielders, and yet, problematically, people still make excuses for them.

I think the whole superior element of the left has completely begun to unravel as well, especially with all the Hollywood sex and pedophile scandals coming out. Finally, I think virtue-signalling is losing its appeal, and people are starting to realize that they do not have to care about how some fringe radicals decide to quantify them (racist, sexist, etc.) because it has all become so unreasonable and openly hypocritical.

At the base of everything, more than left and right, is liberal-conservative anti-establishmentism versus progressive-radical establishmentism. Incidentally, strangely, the radical elements of the left are funded and supported in many cases by the establishment: the deep-state, pro-European Union-types, making them pawns, really.

In short, we are in the middle of a paradigm shift and as a result, the political landscape is quite confusing. More and more people who identify as leftists, though, one imagines, are beginning to see that the people who have hijacked liberalism do not represent them and their ideals, and things are changing as a result. Morrissey is one of those people who dares to challenge the pseudo-liberals, and he is receiving predictable backlash. Combined with his tendency to be intentionally controversial, it is not surprising to see some people react hyperbolically. However, Morrissey is clearly evaluating things differently for himself and reconsidering truths that he probably took for granted prior to recent events. It is challenging to contend with such changes, but contending with a great deal of change and reconsidering our understanding of the world around us are things that many of us are doing these days.

It remains to be seen if the radical elements of the left will actually allow the sane elements of the left to rebuild things, or whether they will push the true liberals and centrists over to new conservatism. Certainly, the process that is occurring is very interesting and quite difficult for many people to grasp or accept.

This is getting tiresome :D His words -

"I’d hang on to sterling, yet withdraw from the Europe Fan Club, and I’d plough the wasteful cost of being euro back into the NHS; I’d stop foreign aid because we’ve been nice enough in that department, and I’d allow the British people to hold on to their own money.”

https://www.newstatesman.com/culture/2013/01/morrissey-i-nearly-voted-ukip

easy to see what your saying. But if we stop dreaming... then certainly a 1984 will happen. The dream that there may be something better than what we're allowed to know keeps a 1984 situation from happening. To dream and create and hope for something better than what's forced upon us as the only reality that we must believe in is the thing that keeps the human species moving forward. The energy of dreaming and of hope is what will move us forward in a positive direction, not putting up walls between us with belief systems that stand on foundations of ignorance and fear of the unknown.

Humanity has a long way to go.

Yes I agree. We should dream, but we should dream about good lives for ourselves, our families, and those we care about, not about some vague human collective or global vision. I look at it like this: world peace begins at home. If everyone cared for themselves, their own families, their own communities, and their own countries, we would have a foundation to build on, the world over. Morrissey makes these points too on the new album, especially in regard to Israel.

I think this is why so many people are concerned with the singular kind of thinking that is being encouraged by the new left. Anyone, like Morrissey, who dares to deviate, to have new ideas, or to dream of something that they have not approved of, is attempted to be destroyed. It is very 1984-esque, and this is hardly an exaggeration.

I truly believe that the nation-state model, not the globalist model, is better for individuals and for the world as a whole. We need strong cultures and close-knit communities, not one-size-fits-all, distant groupings of dislocated and disassociated people based on a culture of narcissism, consumerism, and secrecy. Just look at Hollywood. Compare Hollywood and the culture that comes with that sort of mindset to, for example, the culture of Aboriginal peoples such as the Ojibway. We are clearly lacking something with our modern culture; we are embracing emptiness, superficiality, sameness, and we are getting away from our roots and the things that really matter. This is not the fault of us as individuals but rather a consequence of a broken and inadequate system and culture.

I do not want to go on and on, but as a quick example, we have replaced religion in a traditional sense with new forms of worship: worship of celebrities, of ourselves (narcissism), and of the state. Now, I myself am not particularly religious, but when I consider the traditional beliefs of the Ojibway, for example, who see the physical world as only half of reality and the spiritual world as the other half of reality, and believe that Europeans were basically losing touch with half of the experience of reality by ignoring non-physical elements of reality, I have to say I think, the more I consider how Western culture has devolved, that maybe they were on to something, at least in terms of how we conduct our daily lives and the things that we view as important.

"I’d hang on to sterling, yet withdraw from the Europe Fan Club, and I’d plough the wasteful cost of being euro back into the NHS; I’d stop foreign aid because we’ve been nice enough in that department, and I’d allow the British people to hold on to their own money.”

He didn’t ever know it was gonna happen though. Therefore,doesn’t count!

He didn’t ever know it was gonna happen though. Therefore,doesn’t count!
He didn't know what would happen? Brexit? If so, nobody did! But he clearly understood and believed in the reasons for leaving starting back in 2013, not just the immigration/anti establishment subject.

And yet
Spiegel: Aber den Brexit heißen Sie gut, ist das wahr?
Morrissey: Das ist nicht wahr. Der Ausgang des Brexit-Referendums fasziniert mich, weil er ein Sieg für die Demokratie war.

Which translates as something like
Spiegel: But isn't it true that you approve of Brexit?
Morrissey: It's not true. The outcome of the Brexit referendum fascinated me because it was a victory for democracy...

The sad thing is that not only is what Morrissey thinks a load of old bollocks, but he doesn't seem to even know what it is that he thinks.

I'd diagnose narcissism first and foremost, not that it's any sort of excuse.

Factory farming is not genocide. Genocide is the deliberate, systematic annihilation of a specific entity (group of people). Factory farming is the deliberate, systematic exploitation of a specific entity (group of animals). Factory farming is equivalent to slavery not genocide.

'Factory farming is equivalent to slavery not genocide'

but the purpose of slavery wasn't to just kill the enslaved. So factory farming is closer to the definition of genocide, as far as rounding up a species of animal in order to destroy it for someones insane belief that it is a benefit for them and the planet.

Happy Thankskilling !

And yet

Which translates as something like

The sad thing is that not only is what Morrissey thinks a load of old bollocks, but he doesn't seem to even know what it is that he thinks.

I'd diagnose narcissism first and foremost, not that it's any sort of excuse.

The translation I have seen posted by you first and then I did a google translate myself was -

SPIEGEL: From a German point of view, there were two events last year that people thought would not happen. Trump - and the Brexit . But Brexit is your name, is that true?

Morrissey: That IS NOT TRUE. The outcome of the Brexit referendum fascinates me because it was a victory for democracy.

Trump took it upon himself to label himself 'Mr Brexit' (why??) would be Nigel Farage if anyone! But that aside, the translation of this interview does not help one bit. I don't see why the reporter would ask him if he is 'Mr Brexit'? It doesn't make any sense. The person must have known from previous interviews online that he supported it, so a strange question for me.

I don't see any reason for him to turn on his previous comments.

Morrissey: Every second I've ever spent in Germany was a privilege. Germany was a friend. I'm not very enthusiastic about the EU BUT that's not important. But I do not want to be part of a German empire. And I do not think England should be part of a German empire.

Remaining in the EU would see the above continue (actually get worse) (EU army for starters:thumb:) so it doesn't make any sense that he would divert from this view.

It's a Google translate error. Did you notice how it doesn't make any sense?

It's because of the double meaning of "to call".

Brexit heißen Sie gut = you call Brexit good

but "heißen Sie" also means "you are called".
Yes I noticed it didn't make any sense! lol I think everybody did! I Found an alternative translator -

From a German perspective, there were two events that thepeople believed that they would not enter last year. Trump -and the Brexit. But the Brexit OK, is this true?

That's not true. The Brexit referendum fascinated me,because he was a victory for democracy. The people havesaid yes. Although Westminster has said no. The politicalelite and the establishment have said no. No, no, no, we stayin the EU. And the public has ignored the media and evendecided that the Brexit is very important. He is the biggestDemocratic victory in the history of British politics for many,many years. Another thing, but I was very proud of theBritish, whether it approves of the Brexit itself, is that theyhave ignored the BBC, Sky News have ignored, always said: Ifwe left the EU, we all will die.

There are quite a few words that have changed in both of these, they should just have an English version put out for clarity. (probably too late now though :D)

Wording aside, I still stand by what I said previously. I can't see a u-turn on the below. :)

Every second I spent in Germany, was a privilege. Germanywas a friend of mine. I'm not particularly enthusiastic about theEU, but that is not important. I want to be but no part of aGerman Empire. And I don't think that England should be partof a German Empire.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom