'It is better to speak' quote by Audre Lorde - M. Central update

It is better to speak - Morrissey Central
April 20, 2018

42859_42850_20180420_144925.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
With respect; What do you mean AMW is just against the ideology. Ideology represents customs, practices, beliefs and values so basically the important stuff to followers of that faith. Its naive to say it's not offensive - maybe not you who I assume is not Muslim. Any part of any religious practice that breaks or incompatible with the laws of the UK should be dealt with of course.
Very, very far. What the hell is far right anyway? I haven't heard anything provocative from Anne Marie Waters at all. They're hardly the BNP. Everything she has said re Islam is completely valid. She's not against the actual people, just the ideology.

You're being pedantic. Racism encompasses ethnicities as well. It functions under the same premise.

Whether or not they classify as a race is a minor point. People know what the modern use of the term encompasses. Race is a social construct; not a definitive scientific classification, just like ethnic bigotry.

Remember, Morrissey has come out against the idea of foreign influence changing the British culture, period. His words encompass much more than just Muslims. Certainly, they are his primary target, but if it's about the culture, then the it's about ethnic immigrants in general.

Do you think the KKK thought of the French, and Spanish when they decided on their ideology, and who it represents? No, it was about preserving white protestant Americans.

I don't care if Morrissey is an ideological racist, and I find the word "bigot" is the apt description, but I know what others mean when they call him a racist.

I’m not sure if anyone really knows what racism really is then.
To me racism is judging someone on face value regardless of the kind of person they may be. But I come back to my point. Disagreeing with someone’s way of doing something is not racism. That’s just a lazy answer.
Also the term bigot. So, now everyone is a bigot if they don’t share the exact same view as you. Therefore are you not then the bigot.
It’s freedom of speech. You might not agree with the person but you can’t just throw labels around to make you feel comfortable in your own bubble.
Ideologies are there to be challenged. As a vegan I might say that the incarceration of animals to satisfy man’s bloodlust is wrong. Am I not free to have this opinion? Is this not true democracy?
The real thing that has to be fought are the ideologies which prevent free speech and the right for everyone to fulfill their potential. Morrissey has inspired thousands of people to be different (and be themselves). I wish the same could be said of organised religion.
Pilgrimupnorth

I although with reservations have a lot of respect for Israel like Armenina they have taken back and given a homeland to dispora of people who for thousands of years have faced so much persucutition. I also admire they took basically a desert and irrigated it.

Just in passing, this is a myth. Palestine was a populated area for thousands of years before the establishment of Israel, and obviously the people who have lived their during that time did not live by eating sand. Irrigation was introduced by the ancient Egyptians, and there are still villages in Israel that use irrigation systems created under the Roman empire. Most of the olive trees in Israel are older than the country is.

You nailed it. It's all been a carefully orchestrated scam to select only white people for his smiths sleeves in order to boost sales. How do you people come up with this stuff?

Now that you bring it up, I do remember a story where Johnny suggested Muhammad Ali for the cover of "Big Mouth Strikes Again" but it was vetoed by Morrissey. Anybody else remember this? It was about race.

Just in passing, this is a myth. Palestine was a populated area for thousands of years before the establishment of Israel, and obviously the people who have lived their during that time did not live by eating sand. Irrigation was introduced by the ancient Egyptians, and there are still villages in Israel that use irrigation systems created under the Roman empire. Most of the olive trees in Israel are older than the country is.
Jews were hounded out of every god damn corner of the world for a reason. There is some sort of life lesson there for the masses to dig into.

No one likes getting ripped off but most people are ok if those doing it are jews. That is very weird in many ways but people are afraid of them and that is the honest truth.

The romans were clever people and buried Jesus body and his followers were stupid enough to believe that hhis body was left in there and that he went to heaven or something.

Any guy working with crime will just shake their head at it. Jesus died and he was a pathological liar with borderline and autism and he was gay as well.

God does not exist people!

With respect; What do you mean AMW is just against the ideology. Ideology represents customs, practices, beliefs and values so basically the important stuff to followers of that faith. Its naive to say it's not offensive - maybe not you who I assume is not Muslim. Any part of any religious practice that breaks or incompatible with the laws of the UK should be dealt with of course.
I don't think it's not offensive. People do not have the right to not be offended. If you're going to follow an insane ideology like Islam you better come up with a better retort than calling people bigots and racists. How the extreme left have taken up the cause of defending a religion that goes against everything they apparently stand for is beyond me and every rational thinking human being.

I don't think it's not offensive. People do not have the right to not be offended. If you're going to follow an insane ideology like Islam you better come up with a better retort than calling people bigots and racists. How the extreme left have taken up the cause of defending a religion that goes against everything they apparently stand for is beyond me and every rational thinking human being.

Agreed and just to take it a step further here is an interesting exchange off (liberal) Bill Maher's recent interview with Jordan Peterson.

'BILL MAHER: I would always be asked, “What is your definition of political correctness?” And I would always say it’s the elevation of sensitivity over truth. Which seems like what it still is. Except it’s worse than ever.

JORDAN PETERSON: It’s more like the moral posturing of sensitivity over truth. It’s even worse.'

Couldn't have out it better myself gents.

Agreed and just to take it a step further here is an interesting exchange off (liberal) Bill Maher's recent interview with Jordan Peterson.

'BILL MAHER: I would always be asked, “What is your definition of political correctness?” And I would always say it’s the elevation of sensitivity over truth. Which seems like what it still is. Except it’s worse than ever.

JORDAN PETERSON: It’s more like the moral posturing of sensitivity over truth. It’s even worse.'

Couldn't have out it better myself gents.
Yeah I just watched that episode a few days ago.

Yeah I just watched that episode a few days ago.

I really like Bill Maher, I disagree with about 75% of what he says but he does raise some interesting points and he isn't afraid to go against the liberal narrative if he believes something is wrong as per this interview above. And GOD I do love that Cathy Newman interview, the way Peterson just calmly dissects her is genius. If you haven't seen it i recommend watching Bill's interview with Camille Paglia. I can spend hours watching and rewatching Camille Paglia on YT.

I really like Bill Maher, I disagree with about 75% of what he says but he does raise some interesting points and he isn't afraid to go against the liberal narrative if he believes something is wrong as per this interview above. And GOD I do love that Cathy Newman interview, the way Peterson just calmly dissects her is genius. If you haven't seen it i recommend watching Bill's interview with Camille Paglia. I can spend hours watching and rewatching Camille Paglia on YT.
I've been watching Bill Maher for years. Lately he's been drinking some lefty kool aid but at least he spits some of it out occasionally. There are very few people in his position willing to call out either side for their stupidity. I've been laughing at him ridiculing the republicans for ages but now that the left has become their own joke that little guilty pleasure has gone.

I've seen the Cathy Newman interview. Painful but interesting. I'm not a huge fan of Petersen but he has some very clear points that need to be heard. I've watched some Camille Paglia and she's great. I'm more into Sam Harris than Petersen. I love that Morrissey has made so many people upset lately. I know which horse to back.

Now the nuts are promoting Jordan Peterson on here; the Phil McGraw of the online, alt. right.

The guy is a religious nut using Jungian (discredited psychology) psychology to formulate his post modern view of Christianity, and modern conservatism. The list of nutty things he has tweeted has outpace Alex Jones.

It's pure snake oil, and the marks gobble it up.

Morrissey's comment shave attracted the fringe of the fringe.

What a mess he has made.

Jung is not discredited and the current left's reaction to Jordan Peterson is telling in its hysteria.

If you want to know what calm, honest discussion looks like, why not try this:

I agree with her in only one thing. More control of people from Muslim countries coming to the West. You can see more mosques being build, where in the past it was rare. I think sometimes, that the Muslim world is, very slowly, conquering the West. It's not just a UK problem. Most of them don't even mix with us and they live in a ghetto sort of speak. However, I do believe people from other parts of the world who come in search of a better life and that mix and adapt and work here should be welcome.

Jung is not discredited and the current left's reaction to Jordan Peterson is telling in its hysteria.

If you want to know what calm, honest discussion looks like, why not try this:

Good dude telling like it is.:rock:
The loons get hysterical over everything that contradicts their PC religion.:thumb:

No point for you.
"Palestine" is a social construct no such country or kingdom has ever existed.
Olive trees are drought resistant.:expressionless:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom