"It’s weird being an immigrant Muslim Morrissey fan" by Shihab S Joi - HuffPost UK

Good Lord you are a f***ing bore. You do realize that's not how the world works, don't you? A+ for trolling, I suppose.

Which means that you're happy to demean people for something they cannot change about themselves? I will never, ever apologise for my stance. Ever.

"As long as he doesn’t release a track called Actually, I Hate Brown People, Particularly You, Yes, You, Shihab, I won’t take it personally."

This seems fair.

I will never, ever apologise for my stance. Ever.

That is precisely what makes you a bore. You aren't convincing anyone. Quite sad, really. Good God, should Uncle Skinny ever have an actual conversation! He has two words, which he flings like a monkey with shit.

Stop with your two-bit vocabulary and maybe you won't be known as the biggest troll around here. I think you may have some points. Speak f***ing English, man. Use a f***ing subordinate clause beyond "Racist!" "Fascist!" "Shit!" "I been hanging around here for 10 years full of venom!"

was watching the news channel yesterday and a poll showed 73 percent of uk citizens think Britain is more divided than it was ten years ago,second highest in Europe after Italy,a lot of people agree with M but will never say it.

Don't shoot the messenger, just read and sharing this.

It’s Weird Being an Immigrant Muslim Morrissey Fan - HuffPost UK
by Shihab S Joi
Does enjoying the man’s music mean you’re obliged to apologise for his words?
Good piece, and refreshing to get a contrasting view. I do find it ironic that this Muslim man, and the poster on here known as William Blake's Seven, who recently told us about his Indian wife and complex multi-racial group of friends and family, have offered the most balanced, objective views on the subject. Curious that the biggest noise has come from predominantly white liberals who are outraged on their behalf.

Good piece, and refreshing to get a contrasting view. I do find it ironic that this Muslim man, and the poster on here known as William Blake's Seven, who recently told us about his Indian wife and complex multi-racial group of friends and family, have offered the most balanced, objective views on the subject. Curious that the biggest noise has come from predominantly white liberals who are outraged on their behalf.

How do you know the colour of the people who are outraged? No f***er on here discloses their colour.

He just said he was able to seperate the art and the man. He didn't offer up a defence of him being dodgy.

How do you know the colour of the people who are outraged? No f***er on here discloses their colour.

He just said he was able to seperate the art and the man. He didn't offer up a defence of him being dodgy.
I don't. And I freely admit I'm taking a leap, and also generalising. But I'd bet that I am, by and large, correct.

Also, I didn't say that the writer was defending him, I said he was able to be objective. Two different things.

Last edited:
You should never apologise for the words of a racist. You should condemn them. Always.

That's rich coming from the disgusting racist man who claims all Morrissey's problems started when he began working with (the dark skinned) Jesse Tobias. Your brand of racism is utterly sickening.
The louder you shout against racism, the more racist we all realise you actually are. Your Jesse Tobias comment was clearly the tip of the iceberg. Racist scum of the earth.

I don't. And I freely admit I'm taking a leap, and also generalising. But I'd bet that I am, by and large, correct.

Also, I didn't say that the writer was defending him, I said he was able to be objective. Two different things.

I didn't get that from it at all, he's able to say, I like the music enough to ignore the other stuff.

While we're in the business of stereotyping, I'd say we fall into several camps. Racists, Conservatives who have always been happy to turn a blind eye to that stuff, people who agree with Moz whatever he says and defend him to the death, people who can seperate the man and the music and people who've just decided he's beyond worth bothering with.

I'm going to say that you're in group B.

Which means that you're happy to demean people for something they cannot change about themselves? I will never, ever apologise for my stance. Ever.

You don’t have to be a muslim. It isn’t a race. You can leave at any time.

I didn't get that from it at all, he's able to say, I like the music enough to ignore the other stuff.

While we're in the business of stereotyping, I'd say we fall into several camps. Racists, Conservatives who have always been happy to turn a blind eye to that stuff, people who agree with Moz whatever he says and defend him to the death, people who can seperate the man and the music and people who've just decided he's beyond worth bothering with.

There’s at least one other group. Those of us who think if comfortably off middle class whites stopped being outraged over every made up social media storm and jumped off a cliff instead the world would be a better place. The Guardian would go out of business overnight for a start.

Frankly, if you are wearing t-shirts declaring your political moral superiority I would ask who are you doing it for? The oppressed you meet as you wend your way through life, or yourself and a small cabal of likeminded friends? I have a theory. Those of you claiming to be worried about Nazi Trump or Fascist Theresa aren’t scared of them at all. They are actually scared of those who share their own views. No movement eats itself like the left. In fact, the further left you go the less it is a political ideology, and the more a becomes a cult.

There’s at least one other group. Those of us who think if comfortably off middle class whites stopped being outraged over every made up social media storm and jumped off a cliff instead the world would be a better place. The Guardian would go out of business overnight for a start.

Frankly, if you are wearing t-shirts declaring your political moral superiority I would ask who are you doing it for? The oppressed you meet as you wend your way through life, or yourself and a small cabal of likeminded friends? I have a theory. Those of you claiming to be worried about Nazi Trump or Fascist Theresa aren’t scared of them at all. They are actually scared of those who share those views. No movement eats itself like the left. In fact, the further left you go the less it is a political ideology, and the more a becomes a cult.

No, you're in group B. Tory is as Tory does.

I think your stereotyping calibration is a little off. I don't actively support any particular party, as I have explained on here before, although I have voted for both main parties in the past, depending on what they're offering. It seems you have labelled me racist by association which is fine if it makes you feel better but is so laughably wrong I can't even be bothered to respond. I just like open, diverse views, intelligently expressed and based on facts. For the past few weeks I have listened to two groups of people screeching essentially the same opinion at each other, over and over, each hurling foul abuse, each thinking they have the moral high ground. I have found it quite disgusting. I much prefer some variety in the discourse, preferably by people who really know what they're talking about and who have some sense of proportion. That's all I was trying to say.

White middle class liberal (snowflake) here.

Not wearing my political moral superiority on a t-shirt. Not a fan of Lena Dunham either. Just defending the basic right for people to get on a f***ing train without getting harassed or attacked for who they are or the way they speak.

I think your stereotyping calibration is a little off. I don't actively support any particular party, as I have explained on here before, although I have voted for both main parties in the past, depending on what they're offering. It seems you have labelled me racist by association which is fine if it makes you feel better but is so laughably wrong I can't even be bothered to respond. I just like open, diverse views, intelligently expressed and based on facts. For the past few weeks I have listened to two groups of people screeching essentially the same opinion at each other, over and over, each hurling foul abuse, each thinking they have the moral high ground. I have found it quite disgusting. I much prefer some variety in the discourse, preferably by people who really know what they're talking about and who have some sense of proportion. That's all I was trying to say.

If you don't take a stand you can't have the open conversation. There are several of us, me included. who've openly expressed that we aren't fans of Islam and welcome discussion but you can't discuss with hateful EDL twats, only oppose. You might not like it but that opposition is a healthy thing unless you want to be goose stepping in a couple of years.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom