It’s not about politics

I just read about the Taliban seizing a "US war chest" loaded with all sorts of brand new weapons, armored vehicles and so on.
Why were these items sent if they weren't needed? Why were they left where it could be grabbed? It doesn't make any sense unless you consider how it creates a great justification for continued military intervention. But sometimes things just happen and are not part of some large plot. It could just be incompetence.

I just read about the Taliban seizing a "US war chest" loaded with all sorts of brand new weapons, armored vehicles and so on.
Why were these items sent if they weren't needed? Why were they left where it could be grabbed? It doesn't make any sense unless you consider how it creates a great justification for continued military intervention. But sometimes things just happen and are not part of some large plot. It could just be incompetence.
Let me just confirm that you are correct in suggesting that it was incompetence. It's that simple.

I'm gonna miss Joe once he's gone (which will be in about 6 months) still cackling Kamala should provide some funny moments too:

Sleepy Joe living up to his nickname :ROFLMAO: (And God bless Thomas for trying to turn 'sleeping' into 'listening' LOL)

fashion designers always tell it like it is

I hope Mensi was more serious about politics than a shit-stirring creep like you.

Morrissey did not ask his fans to vote for the far right.

He did not believe they were far right.

He asked people to think about it.

And he has moved on.

It's not unforgivable.

You are promoting the far right here & now like a f***ing groyper. Which is despicable.

Does giving "support" to, and "following" and - by his own admission - voting for the far-right count as despicable?

"I have been following a new party called For Britain which is led by Anne Marie Waters. It is the first time in my life that I will vote for a political party. Finally I have hope."
Morrissey - 5/6/2018
Q: You support For Britain?
A: Absolutely, yes.
Morrissey - 24/6/2019​

Does giving "support" to, and "following" and - by his own admission - voting for the far-right count as despicable?

"I have been following a new party called For Britain which is led by Anne Marie Waters. It is the first time in my life that I will vote for a political party. Finally I have hope."
Morrissey - 5/6/2018
Q: You support For Britain?
A: Absolutely, yes.
Morrissey - 24/6/2019​

He didn't vote.

And no - it's not despicable to be wrong about something.

It is however despicable to be be relentlessly misrepresenting what happened years later.

I despise racism.

I despise fascism.

I would do anything for my Muslim friends, and I know they would do anything for me.

Morrissey, 20th April 2018

I make no claim to complete accuracy. I just can't stand the great depression around Morrissey any- more. And the whining of the remaining that the ex-supporters are partly to blame because they don't shout "Hurrah" at every burp of the late Morrissey. It is not only about dubious statements but also, as others have written, about wrong career decisions in the last 10-12 years. He already knew in 2004: "The whispering may hurt you but the printed word might kill you" so he cannot say he was not aware of the danger.

:crazy:
OI makes NO claim for complete accuracy:lbf:
thats incredible information.
list all of your inaccurate posts.
use several posts if needed.:straightface:

🇭🇷>:hammer:

He didn't vote.

It is however despicable to be be relentlessly misrepresenting what happened years later.
I don't think I've misrepresented him; I've quoted him verbatim.

It's despicable to actively promote a far-right political party - even if he was too politically illiterate / stupid to establish that that's what For Britain is.

Can you give us a quotation where Morrissey overtly and unambiguously says that he regrets having openly promoted For Britain? (Date optional.)

He didn't vote.

That's interesting. How do you know he didn't vote? Did he tell you? Were you there as he made his way to the voting booth but then turned around after changing his mind? Or are you extrapolating from past expostulations to fit your narrative?

So please do tell us - how do you know he didn't vote?

It's despicable to actively promote a far-right political party - even if he was too politically illiterate / stupid to establish that that's what For Britain is.

Can you give us a quotation where Morrissey overtly and unambiguously says that he regrets having openly promoted For Britain? (Date optional.)

You said he voted, he didn't.

Him mentioning them a couple of times didn't give them anywhere near the level of promotion that nasty bastards like you are still giving them.

Without people like you it would be as forgotten as his time supporting the animal welfare party.

You should apologise.

That's interesting. How do you know he didn't vote? Did he tell you? Were you there as he made his way to the voting booth but then turned around after changing his mind? Or are you extrapolating from past expostulations to fit your narrative?

Because he said so.

I still haven’t ever voted for a political party in my entire life - Morrissey, June 2021

SAM:
“The UK is very inhospitable now, and you were viciously attacked for your political comments two or three years ago. Where do you stand now?

M:
I still haven't ever voted for a political party in my entire life”

July 5 2021

Because he said so.

I still haven’t ever voted for a political party in my entire life - Morrissey, June 2021

actually July 5.

Then you missed the below and latest statement on this subject from him, verbatim....

SAM:
“The UK is very inhospitable now, and you were viciously attacked for your political comments two or three years ago. Where do you stand now?

M:
I still haven't ever voted for a political party in my entire life”

July 5 2021

Now how does that look like support of a political party? If he didn’t feel that he was wrong about FB, he would have shown his support and voted for them and not have stated that he didn’t vote for anyone.

He has no faith in politics, but that shouldn’t come as a surprise from an outsider and artist like Morrissey.

Back
Top Bottom