It’s not about politics

There is one Queen.

fc77466d3fdab7644b9ffd3c04bbeee2.gif

When I heard that Priti Patel has the full backing of Boris Johnson even though an independent enquiry found her guilty of bullying civil servants by swearing at them and shouting - breaking ministerial code, I thought how different it would have been if it was a male MP bullying women. We've already had one male civil servant resigning because of her behaviour and now the independent author of the report has resigned after Patel said she wasn't made aware that her actions were cowing civil servants, however, the author claims this is a lie and she was made aware that her conduct was out of order on numerous occasions as far back as 2019. When I think about the whole thing again though, what at first appears to be sexism towards men, by allowing Priti to remain in office, could be viewed conversely as sexism towards women, because it sends the message that a woman shouting and swearing at men is of no consequence, therefore belittling women. Also, the fact that you have a male Prime Minister graciously pardoning a subordinate females' temper tantrums doesn't do much for the empowerment of women either.
It's a disgrace actually & abuse of power. And the fall guy is the adviser on ministerial standards.

"Ms Patel has given a "fulsome apology" but said she was not "supported" by her department at the time when claims were made, while insisting any upset she had caused "was completely unintentional"."

Oh that's all ok then. o_O

It's a disgrace actually & abuse of power. And the fall guy is the adviser on ministerial standards.

"Ms Patel has given a "fulsome apology" but said she was not "supported" by her department at the time when claims were made, while insisting any upset she had caused "was completely unintentional"."

Johnson's and Patel's position is slowly disintegrating. In any sane government she'd be gone by Sunday.

A few Humphries were told to F*** off? Poor them. My heart bleeds.

A few Humphries were told to F*** off? Poor them. My heart bleeds.
I have to agree @Mozmar , people can make mistakes. They don't always have to be automatically sacked.

A lot of people would be out of work if that were the case. And you must be naive to go into that line of work thinking it's going to be a tea party all day.

Priti is doing a good job, maybe that's why people want her out. Or because she's a 'BAME' Tory? Never popular with the left.

Apparently she 'covers up racism' as well, according to one troll on here...

No kidding. Lord know his personality wouldn't inspire anyone’s arousal. So either he’s Cary Grant or I’m guessing he’s full of shit.
And I’ve got.a sneaking suspicion that he’s not Cary Grant.
Denial is the first stage of grief and you’ve obviously suffered a great loss these last few weeks.

I have to agree @Mozmar , people can make mistakes. They don't always have to be automatically sacked.

A lot of people would be out of work if that were the case. And you must be naive to go into that line of work thinking it's going to be a tea party all day.

Priti is doing a good job, maybe that's why people want her out. Or because she's a 'BAME' Tory? Never popular with the left.

Apparently she 'covers up racism' as well, according to one troll on here...
Well I try & look at these things objectively, & regardless of any 'flag'... it has to be said that this smacks of nepotism...protecting Patel as she's pro-Brexit & aligns with Johnson.
It's pure politics in play where someone is condoned for acting aggressively & treating people like shit...b'cos she can.

Frankly, it stinks more than a Cypriot sewer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I try & look at these things objectively, & regardless of any 'flag'... it has to be said that this smacks of nepotism...protecting Patel as she's pro-Brexit & aligns with Johnson.
It's pure politics in play where someone is condoned for acting aggressively & treating people like shit...b'cos she can.

Frankly, it stinks more than a Cypriot sewer.
Just remember this though - the home secretary could have been Diane Abbott:squiffy:

How may immigrants in the country Diane? 'errr, 3. No wait, 3 million. No wait, 3 thousand. 33? 3.3 & a half?'':crazy:

Just remember this though - the home secretary could have been Diane Abbott:squiffy:

How may immigrants in the country Diane? 'errr, 3. No wait, 3 million. No wait, 3 thousand. 33? 3.3 & a half?'':crazy:
I get your point but I don't indulge in politics really, & if I do, then not blindly, but a blind man on a galloping horse can see this particular one re; Patel stinks. Re; Abbott, she wouldn't even get a job stacking shelves in Tescos.

I get your point but I don't indulge in politics really, & if I do, then not blindly, but a blind man on a galloping horse can see this particular one re; Patel stinks. Re; Abbott, she wouldn't even get a job stacking shelves in Tescos.
Ah i admit it, maybe i am a bit blinded, she's getting done what i want to see done, so i'm not impartial.

At least she isn't blaming her heritage though, saying she 'needed to be like that' to get ahead. Some would. Or for being a woman.

She doesn't seem to have a chip on her shoulder is what i'm saying.

Anyway...

Back
Top Bottom