It’s not about politics

I just looked this up and, no surprise here, it's not fact. It appears that Boris' great grandfather was indeed Jewish but a palaeographer, not a rabbi. I suppose the "one drop" rule is good enough for reel in arbitrarily determining the ethnicity of people she deems "other" though.

Giving that a down vote isn't in keeping with a pro-Boris Tory. 🤔

Why does she hate Morrissey? And more to the point, why don't you?
She hates his voice. My relationship with him is somewhat more complex and nuanced. I regret what he's become but as aforementioned wife is fond of saying, no-one is ever always anything.

My wife likes "Break Up the Family" (insert joke here) and that's it.
I don't mind telling you it was a rocky moment in our marriage when she finally revealed her feelings. I now have to wait until she's left the house before I play any Smiths. Yet she'll quite happily tolerate any amount of Killing Joke and that's really not her thing either (she's more an Ed Sheeran type of woman, God help her.)

Crikey, as Johnson would say. Has he grown a backbone or was he simply following Carrie's order? Either way it's a splendidly ignoble end for the loathsome Cummings.

Survival instinct. The party is not happy & he has the stench of Trump on him.

I don't mind telling you it was a rocky moment in our marriage when she finally revealed her feelings. I now have to wait until she's left the house before I play any Smiths. Yet she'll quite happily tolerate any amount of Killing Joke and that's really not her thing either (she's more an Ed Sheeran type of woman, God help her.)
Yeah, it's a problem. Every woman I've ever been with has had to deal with Morrissey as a looming presence. My wife has great taste in music, but skews more towards house and electronic stuff. I also tend to wait for her to leave before I crank anything Moz-related.

Crikey, as Johnson would say. Has he grown a backbone or was he simply following Carrie's order? Either way it's a splendidly ignoble end for the loathsome Cummings.
He's always had a backbone since being leader, hence the way he sorted the Tory party out pre-election last year.

And Cummings was instrumental in delivering Brexit, so it's job done.

I would imagine you have The Smiths on most of the day then?

Fancy not having the balls to listen to your favourite singer in your own home.

Last edited:
I know it’s historical now, but I notice nothing seems to have cropped up on here re the darling of the left Martin Bashir & the BBC, regarding the unscrupulous underhand tactics used to dupe our Princess into an interview that effectively helped end her life.

If it was a right wing journalist involved, it’d be all over the place.

I know it’s historical now, but I notice nothing seems to have cropped up on here re the darling of the left Martin Bashir & the BBC, regarding the unscrupulous underhand tactics used to dupe our Princess into an interview that effectively helped end her life.

If it was a right wing journalist involved, it’d be all over the place.
Martin Bashir is not a 'darling of the left' and I challenge you to provide evidence otherwise. At any rate you might want to peruse the following:

Martin Bashir is not a 'darling of the left' and I challenge you to provide evidence otherwise. At any rate you might want to peruse the following:
He was at the time of that interview & afterwards. As someone said to me last night, I’m not your research assistant! & yeah I’ve just read about the note ‘turning up’ - that’s convenient isn’t it.🤔

He was at the time of that interview & afterwards. As someone said to me last night, I’m not your research assistant! & yeah I’ve just read about the note ‘turning up’ - that’s convenient isn’t it.🤔
No, he wasn't. You see, this speaks to what was being discussed yesterday, your constant trolling. You could simply have commented on the Diana story and that would have been fine. But no, you have to put in what is basically a lie about Bashir being a 'darling of the left' presumably to smear 'the left' (whomsoever they may be) and try to politicise what is essentially a non-political story.
The other thing to realise is that if you make a nonsensical claim or assertion to smear a person or group, you will likely be called out on it and asked to prove it. It has nothing to do with what you were asking me to do yesterday - I told you where you could find the answer to your question and you couldn't be bothered to go and look.
It's a fundamental part of debating - if you base an argument on a falsehood then revealing that falsehood will render your argument invalid.

Hey Radis, my posts don’t have to meet your approval you know. I don’t know if you really believe you are, but you’re not the forum police around here.

I remember Bashir being feted by the left wing media at the time, and later for the Michael Jackson thing. I haven’t got clippings on it filed away. I had to mention he was a darling of the left to make the point that if this was a right wing journalist, it’d be red hot news. The BBC were all over the phone hacking scandal for instance.

On another note, I’ve just read Rishi Sunak is going to review the ridiculous foreign aid budget next year in an attempt to balance the books. Not a moment too soon. This country needs sorting first before we spaff money elsewhere. I’m not talking genuine aid, but have you read some of the utter bollocks it gets wasted on? Possibly not, the left wing media don’t tend to report that side of it.

Back
Top Bottom